Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0081 An Awkward Silence [11/23/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbowen4
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "flatmates" are a metaphor for the internet community.

"Inability to load a dishwasher": Failure to understand the real clues and getting caught up in lots of trivia. Putting things in the wrong place, etc.

"too particular about how I do things": A comment about all of the complaints that the story does not move the way they expect it and that it does not reach the conclusion as fast as expected.

"Little Britian": An inverted reference here about all of the people complaining about the Gemma videos.

Just my opinion, but a lot more substantial than the idea she's setting them up to go outside (haven't they been outside?)
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbowen4 wrote:
I think the "flatmates" are a metaphor for the internet community.

"Inability to load a dishwasher": Failure to understand the real clues and getting caught up in lots of trivia. Putting things in the wrong place, etc.

"too particular about how I do things": A comment about all of the complaints that the story does not move the way they expect it and that it does not reach the conclusion as fast as expected.

"Little Britian": An inverted reference here about all of the people complaining about the Gemma videos.

Just my opinion, but a lot more substantial than the idea she's setting them up to go outside (haven't they been outside?)

I think she's just being annoying. Little Britain is a very popular TV series in the UK, and her mate doing impressions of Vicky Pollard - while it can be irritating, it's a little hypersensitive to moan about it.... if you want more info about Little Britain have a look here.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/littlebritain/
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reb wrote:
With reguards to the sign language, it seemed to me pretty obvious what the signs meant but I could ask my friend to confirm that if you want, she knows bsl (I am not sure it might be in the american sign language though).

That's what I immediately thought when I read the discussion of "is Gemma/Jackie really British?" I'm not deaf, and I don't know sign language, but I do know that the deaf community in each country has its own individual sign language. Just because the hearing people in two countries speak (basically) the same language -- like English with variations of dialect -- that doesn't mean that the sign languages for those two countries will be the same at all.

Reb wrote:
One thing that did come to mind was that book that bree was reading could that have some sign language that you could use to call for help in it? some of those sorts of books do. If so it might be worth someone who has time trying to find a copy of that book and see if the signs that gemma did are mentioned. Just a thought.

Bree was reading what looked to me like an ancient copy of the Boy Scout Handbook. I'm sure that the signals she was using were hand signals from that book. The question would be, where to get a copy of that version?
breeislonely
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Nightmare wrote:
Gemma's accent is really hanging me up. Here's the thing. The actress who plays her, Jackie, IS BRITISH! So you'd think that her accent/dialect/choice of words would be RIGHT ON.

There is something to this, folks. I just can't figure out what.

Idea whoa, the light bulb just went off in my head, i think maybe all of this is intentional, and they want us to notice, but we've just went in the wrong direction with it, gemma is faking for some reason or another, i really think she's with the people that are after bree and daniel

nm, as i kept reading i realised i'm about the 50th person that has said this Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: