Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: easy now Reply with quote

gogo wrote:

Parents being lost at sea is no more outrageous than a teenage girl with an Alesiter Crowley shrine on her dresser who is secretly on the run from a secretative "Order." Illuminati

Like I said in another thread, there is nothing outrageous in his story. I have a friend who was exactly in the same situation as Jonas at 15. It's not particularly unbelievable. Parents do disappear sometimes.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree. Excuse the cliche, but truth is stranger (and sadder) than fiction, sometimes.
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I hate the most about bringing Jonas on is this: where is the "fans will be rewarded" shit the Creators started off with?

Rewarded with a hot actor who is a Bree "fan"? OHH my. Dude needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize that Bree and Daniel are actors like the rest of the world. His story is idiotic.

Bree and Daniel will be visiting him real soon. Why else bring him on?
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: I'm interested Reply with quote

lesbrent wrote:
The thing I hate the most about bringing Jonas on is this: where is the "fans will be rewarded" shit the Creators started off with?

Good point.

lesbrent wrote:
Bree and Daniel will be visiting him real soon. Why else bring him on?

So Bree and Daniel can visit him soon. (Sorry to answer your rhetorical question with your own previous statement.) Wink

I am more interested in your concern about fans being "rewarded."Think

I am interested in your views about this, lesbrent. But, I know this is not the thread to go into it. Feel free to PM me (if you feel like it) or to start a thread about these concerns. I'm just not sure about how I feel about this. I know enough to know that I can't start my own thread. (It would be too confusing and I'm not quite sure what I'd be asking for.)
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
It's just nice to finally (no offense Daniel) have some eye candy for the girls.

What? You all don't think Daniel is a cutie?

Me, I'm a dyke, so I genuinely don't know what straight girls think is hawt. Confused
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
silvermoon wrote:
It's just nice to finally (no offense Daniel) have some eye candy for the girls.

Me, I'm a d**e, so I genuinely don't know what straight girls think is hawt. Confused

Daniel is a cutie. Maybe I'm biased because I've gotten to know Yousef just marginally better than scratch the surface of a myspace profile and he is the type of guy that any of us would love to have for a friend. He is a geniunely nice guy. Yousef wears his hair down and scruffy so he will look younger than he is to play Daniel. You should see him with his hair up or swept back. Very attractive!

Jonas is very attractive too. He's the bad guy, know it all, treat the girl like shit "hot" because he can. He's a guy the girls love to lust after because he's usually unattainable in his hotness. And I don't know a lick about him as a person.

I'm just really resenting all of these new characters being brought on. LG is getting too confusing. KISS principle.
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: I'm interested Reply with quote

gogo wrote:

I am more interested in your concern about fans being "rewarded."Think

I am interested in your views about this, lesbrent. But, I know this is not the thread to go into it. Feel free to PM me (if you feel like it) or to start a thread about these concerns. I'm just not sure about how I feel about this. I know enough to know that I can't start my own thread. (It would be too confusing and I'm not quite sure what I'd be asking for.)

Me neither. I think I used the wrong word. Not rewarded. Fans will be "paid with their efforts" I think is what I meant to quote.
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesbrent wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

Me, I'm a d**e, so I genuinely don't know what straight girls think is hawt. Confused

Daniel is a cutie. Maybe I'm biased because I've gotten to know Yousef just marginally better than scratch the surface of a myspace profile and he is the type of guy that any of us would love to have for a friend. He is a geniunely nice guy. Yousef wears his hair down and scruffy so he will look younger than he is to play Daniel. You should see him with his hair up or swept back. Very attractive!

Jonas is very attractive too. He's the bad guy, know it all, treat the girl like shit "hot" because he can. He's a guy the girls love to lust after because he's usually unattainable in his hotness. And I don't know a lick about him as a person.

I'm just really resenting all of these new characters being brought on. LG is getting too confusing. KISS principle.

I agree. Daniel's been around long enough to be like a brother or something. I'm pretty sure even thinking about making out w/a family member is illegal in TX. Razz Jonas, well, he's got dark hair, is definitely intriguing, and yep, he's got that bad boy look Twisted Evil Bad boys may treat girls like crap, but it's always worth it!

~tigerlilylynn
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: sorry to be so long-winded Reply with quote

lesbrent wrote:
Quote:
Fans will be "paid with their efforts" I think is what I meant to quote.
I figured that. I guess I saw the move to Revver, the in-character forums, the ARG, and the lg15 makers' encouragement of fans to upload their own videos and even use parts of lg15 videos (without copyright hassles or permission) to have their own money generating videos as part of the "pay off".

In the last announcement by the makers of lg15, they stated:
Quote:
...Create your own characters and storylines within the Breeniverse. This is very rudimentary right now, but in the upcoming months you'll see some amazing changes to the website...
I assume that they are still trying to figure out more ways to make this vlog series into an immersive/interactive story.

Perhaps when they told people that there would be interactivity, people assumed it would be more than posting on these boards, creating a video of their own, or writing a question to the characters that might or might not be answered. Some people have made their own fan videos (Paul & Andrea; Lonesome October, twj's advice, Lord Greystoke), and some of these folks have put their videos on Revver and can be "paid for their efforts," so to speak.

It seems like a difficult prospect to interact personally with everyone who uploads a video. If they began giving "shout outs" or addressing some fan videos and not others, some people would be really up in arms and it would show a kind of favoritism for which fans have already demonstrated distain (like some initial negative comments about Gemma being a friend of Bree's and therefore was allowed into the story; the frustration for some about Jonas' hollywood-looks being the basis for his arrival in the story). Likewise, if they took the advice of certain fan videos or began interacting with them, the story would be a confusing mix of their plot points and the ideas of fans who aren't sure where the story is going.

The makers of lg15 stated that a pay-off, and I think they meant increased interaction for fans, would take a few months. This can seem like a long time for fans who are wanting some closure to pieces in the storyline or wanting some answers to earlier mysteries in the plot (for example, why was there a Bare feet thread in which people commented in, but was removed from the forum to make way for other topics? -some might want to know why it was there in the first place). Some viewers might have thought the story would be winding down by now and the mysteries revealed.

However, the makers of lg15 are new to this pursuit and new to this genre, for the most part. I would imagine (and I've said this before, so I don't mean to sound like a broken record) that they are experimenting with a new form of entertainment.

There are some IMS (Internet Mini-Series) that are interesting and well written. There are ARG (Alternate Reality Games) that have been around for quite sometime and have die-hard players who know how to solve clues and play the games (although, I know "This is Not A Game"). There are examples of immersive Internet fiction in which the audience can interact with the plot and characters. I know of no Internet pursuit that want to do all three.

It seems rather ambitious to want to create an immersive-videoblog-IMS with a parallel ARG. I am not sure if it was their initial plan ( and I think signs point to it not being their initial plan). I am very supportive of this "experiment" because once they get the kinks out, it could be a very interesting form of technoart.

I know there are some fans who have great expectations for the lg15 saga, and I am not saying that they shouldn't. I simply enjoy watching this concept unfold.

I do hope that I have months down the road to stay involved, but if I don't, I will check back then to see what they have done. Their success is that they have stumbled upon this concept of three (IMS, immersive story and ARG rolled into one). Imagine how amazing this concept could be when the lg15 makers have a bit more experience under their belts. For now, it's just trial and error. Imagine how amazing this form of entertainment could be if embraced by the entertainment world. There would certainly be some great entertainment injected into our world.
tech4u2hire
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: praise for gogo Reply with quote

GOGO,
Your posts always seem to be good advice and well stated with supporting arguments. I concur with what you are saying here....I mean look at Nikki Bower, shes fan fic that has made it. Anyone who has the drive could really use Lg15 as a springboard to launch there own thing, but the question it comes down to is do you have the drive and the patience. Not to take anything away from anyone else who has posted in this thread, as this is one of the few threads that I have read that have not turned into pebble throwing and name calling, have some patience... and I think you will see the rewards of your actions.

* Tech4u2hire hands out gold stars
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw shucks. I like gold stars. Embarassed

right back at ya, tech4u2hire!
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: praise for gogo Reply with quote

tech4u2hire wrote:
GOGO,
Your posts always seem to be good advice and well stated with supporting arguments. I concur with what you are saying here....I mean look at Nikki Bower, shes fan fic that has made it. Anyone who has the drive could really use Lg15 as a springboard to launch there own thing, but the question it comes down to is do you have the drive and the patience. Not to take anything away from anyone else who has posted in this thread, as this is one of the few threads that I have read that have not turned into pebble throwing and name calling, have some patience... and I think you will see the rewards of your actions.

* Tech4u2hire hands out gold stars

Great subtle OpAphid reference at the end there. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: