Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Suggestion Reply with quote

Fire the writing team behind Jonas.
LG needs subtlety and nuance. They have the subtlety of an elephant.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Fire the writing team behind Jonas.
LG needs subtlety and nuance. They have the subtlety of an elephant.

theres no way hes canon

what does he bring to the story Eh? Think

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha iamcool, havent you learned your lesson about guessing what is or isnt canon? lol. j/k
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
haha iamcool, havent you learned your lesson about guessing what is or isnt canon? lol. j/k

haha yhe but opahid is actually fun but this guy just wouldnt bring anything

romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of right now, you seem to have a good point.

but then again, if he were canon, he may later move the story along.

:: shrugs:: i dont so much care either way Razz
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:

Hawtness. The crew realized only recently the fan base includes a lot of women.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
iamcool wrote:

ermm arent you a guy?

DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
DontHaveAClue wrote:
iamcool wrote:

ermm arent you a guy?

Yeah and terribly annoyed by this dude!
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, yep. The hotness of Jonas. I had to watch his first video twice just to realize he even spoke. Shocked

I'm sure these first few videos are just "getting to know you" videos, meant to get us used to the character and get a feel for him. I'm betting the next interaction from Jonas will start to speed things along.

And, uh....did I mention the hotness that is Jonas?
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

If I have to hear this one more time...
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

If I have to hear this one more time...

Sorry, sorry. Embarassed It's just nice to finally (no offense Daniel) have some eye candy for the girls.

I'll try to contain my cradle-robbing hormones from here on out.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I don't mind that you think he's hot, but I feel that too many people are just throwing away inhibitions to embrace him and welcoming his impending acceptance as canon for no other reason than that he's hot. Everyone else that's commented on the videos themselves and not just his looks have been overall quite bad. The quality of the writing and story is nowhere close to LG-calibur, yet it seems things are getting worse and worse. He's terrible, his presense as a member of the Breeniverse will only have severely negative connotations for it far as I can tell.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
I mean I don't mind that you think he's hot, but I feel that too many people are just throwing away inhibitions to embrace him and welcoming his impending acceptance as canon for no other reason than that he's hot. Everyone else that's commented on the videos themselves and not just his looks have been overall quite bad. The quality of the writing and story is nowhere close to LG-calibur, yet it seems things are getting worse and worse. He's terrible, his presense as a member of the Breeniverse will only have severely negative connotations for it far as I can tell.

It's certainly no worse than the Gemma videos.

Of course, that's no recommendation. I honestly think his videos are at least as good as a lot of what's been coming out lately. The acting is certainly better than that of Gemma. I'm at least willing to give him a chance. I still can't stand Gemma, no matter what they do with her. Not sure why. Probably because every nuance about her seems completely ripped off from Bree.

I guess until the powers that be actually dismiss or claim him, all this is for nothing anyway.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit the Jonas guy is a better actor than Gemma. But, while her videos make no sense, they are usually somewhat substantive. My problem with his is that they are utterly substanceless. The first episode was a picture of lameness and boredom, and the "boredom" his character experiences in life comes through so strongly that it envelops his entire videos as well.
One complaint with his acting though is that his awkward "deep thinking" silences are so frequent that it's basically a joke. He mistakes being somber and hesitive of speech with good acting.

Last edited by HyeMew on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: easy now Reply with quote

It is the third video posted from Jonas. I can't see how any writer or actor can be judge by roughly 10 minutes of video that has not yet been proven to be canon. I have joked about Jonas' hotness, but I don't see what the major issue is here. Think

In introducing a secondary character in a videoblog series, there is little time to slowly develop a character as was done with Bree. I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

Parents being lost at sea is no more outrageous than a teenage girl with an Alesiter Crowley shrine on her dresser who is secretly on the run from a secretative "Order." Illuminati

I respect the views of other, but it gets to the point where some people never have anything positive to say about a fictional videoblog series. d'oh!
The makers of lonelygirl15 are talented, but I have never heard of them before lg15. They are inexperienced and are slowly working to create something in a reasonably new genre.

Cut them some slack, mail them some suggestions, make your own series, but realize that it is theirs to add whatever characters they want: the orphan of sea-faring parents, a monkey in a dress shirt at the movies, fathers injecting their daughters. It's not like the writers are pulitzer prize winning authors who are now disappointing us with a cheesey Daniel Steele novel.

Let it play out and see where it goes. Smile No sense in anyone getting him/herself worked up about something that there is little power to change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: