Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thelemites!!! Help with the Book of the Law!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalika
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Thelemites!!! Help with the Book of the Law! Reply with quote

So, I'm a little confused as to why the Thelemites haven't jumped all over the recent appearance of the Book of the Law in this story arc. I wonder if I'm supposed to confine OpAphid stuff to its own section, but now that it's all canon, I should be able to talk about it here, right? In the "religion" section?

For anybody who's managed to catch up on the Tachyon business, (and believe me, i doubt I understand it all!) one of the clues she left for her brother (but was inteccepted by forum members) was a copy of the book of the law! There was a bookmark in it that had a bunch of numbers written on it, and then page 39/40 (the first page of Chapter 3 in the text, not the holograph) was folded over.

A video about the solution to find the drop is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWtPvbLv6WA

and the entry in the Pedia section is here:
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Drop_2_%28where_IS_she_going%3F%29

where you can get a close up on the book mark.

I just thought it was interesting that the Creators made the big deal of having Gemma sayin, "it's not thelema" and then they officially included the OpAphid series, in which the Book of the Law is mentioned as well as a line somewhere that says, "Thelema is 1 of ???" I dont' think Thelema is an accident in all this.

I thought maybe the Thelemites could take a look at the bookmark and bring that perspective on the passages that they are choosing from the text. Any ideas?

~kalika
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, Thelema has it's own version of Wiki. It may hold some answers for you. Illuminati

http://www.thelemapedia.org/
kalika
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't need help looking for thelemic text (but thank you). thelemapedia is one of my favorites! i'm glad your spreadin the word. Cool

i just saw all these thelemites getting involved and initiating discussion way back when it was nothing more than a picture of crowley on the wall. there was some interesting discussion (at least, i thought it was interesting)

now some people took a copy of Liber Al, marked a page and left a bookmark and then dropped it for some people to find in california.

when's the last time THAT happened?????????? Shocked

i thought we could have fun analyzing it, i'm sorry if this is the wrong place for it. Should I take this conversation to thelemapedia??? Laughing

~kalika
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant to suggest is that you may find interpretations of some of the verses on Thelemapedia.

The person you'll want to talk to is tannhaus. Some people have had a difficult time conversing with him as he is very protective of his religious beliefs and how they are interpreted by others. I certainly don't blame him for that. However, I have found him to be very pleasant and helpful. We have corresponded privately and he has sent me some very informative information regarding the 'Illuminati' without my even requesting it. A truly helpful gentleman.

If I were you, I'd start with him.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any Thelemites left on the board?

Seems like the creators are muddling up the who religious thing a bit. It's not Thelema, it's not a religion, oh, here's a Thelematic (is that a word? Sorry if I muck that up) text as a clue.

I sort of wish they'd stay on a track and move forward, not back and forth. Keep us guessing, but not rolling our eyes, so to speak.
watchingall
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

Seems like the creators are muddling up the who religious thing a bit. It's not Thelema, it's not a religion, oh, here's a Thelematic (is that a word? Sorry if I muck that up) text as a clue.

I sort of wish they'd stay on a track and move forward, not back and forth. Keep us guessing, but not rolling our eyes, so to speak.

my theory is its a big mishmash of a lot of religions to keep us on our toes (and to save themselves a huge lawsuit) I dont think we're ever going to definitively pin down exactly what her religion is.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

Sometimes we're still here.

I'm not sure what you mean by the tachyon biz, though? to me, if it ain't a vlog, it's not canon. I stay away from all the peripheries, lest I get driven insane by the subplots. Unless the creators start officially acknowledging Tachyon (which, iirc was the guy that Tannhaus told to remove the OTO lamen? or was that opaphid? so confusing, the peripherals)
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opaphid is definitely the organization after Bree and Daniel as evidenced by the video showing their room ransacked posted by OpAphid. OpAphid is also actively pursuing Tachyon..Sooo it follows that...

Also, about the Book of Law..people can take something and twist it into something that it was never meant to be. The Order of Denderah/OpAphid are obviously Willstealers. They usurp the will of others..something clearly against the "Book of Law". People can twist things to mean what it was never intended to in order to further their own ends.. I suggest this is what Denderah is engaged in.
Just read the book "Moonchild" by Aleister Crowley(Rhymes with Holy) and you will know that he believed there were at the least the possiblity of Black Lodges existing. I propose that Denderah is a Black Lodge that has perverted all the "beast" stood for...that being Free Will.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kalika
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

93 Soror,

Love that Babalon pic!

From my understandings the Creators HAVE recognized Tachyon as canon, which is part of my confusion regarding their formal statement that "THIS IS NOT THELEMA". Seems odd they would take the trouble to make a statement about it, and then offically accept a subplot that used a copy of the Book of the Law as a physical clue.

I just think it's very interesting, the energy this is all stirring up. Regardless of the actual intentions, I think it's a strange experiment to take a copy of Liber Al, mark certain pages, include a book mark and leave it somewhere for some people to find (after they've decoded a bunch of clues, of course).

I also wondered what other Thelemites thought of the passages that have been eluded to. Thought it might be fun discussion.

LITL,
~kalika
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
Opaphid is definitely the organization after Bree and Daniel as evidenced by the video showing their room ransacked posted by OpAphid. OpAphid is also actively pursuing Tachyon..Sooo it follows that...

But who watches the watchers? the seraphim? now *that* is a twist.

Quote:
Also, about the Book of Law..people can take something and twist it into something that it was never meant to be. The Order of Denderah/OpAphid are obviously Willstealers. They usurp the will of others..something clearly against the "Book of Law". People can twist things to mean what it was never intended to in order to further their own ends.. I suggest this is what Denderah is engaged in.
Just read the book "Moonchild" by Aleister Crowley(Rhymes with Holy) and you will know that he believed there were at the least the possiblity of Black Lodges existing. I propose that Denderah is a Black Lodge that has perverted all the "beast" stood for...that being Free Will.

I've never read moonchild (although my readings of crowley are quite extensive, I've yet to touch one of his novels), yet I'm fully aware of the black brothers, as he mentions in Liber 27 and Magick without Tears (as well as in Liber ABA, and in a lot of other places). I have about a zillion theories on the Black Lodges and Black Brotherhood, usually focused on my landlord around the first of the month...

So, to catch me up on Canon not mentioned in the films...

The Order is comprised of two factions, OpAphid and Tachyon? OpAphid is chasing Bree *and* Tachyon. Tachyon is leaving messages for them with obscure clue from Liber AL.

So it's like the Austin Spare Code?

very confused.

93s
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kalika wrote:
93 Soror,

Love that Babalon pic!

93 and Danke!

Quote:

From my understandings the Creators HAVE recognized Tachyon as canon, which is part of my confusion regarding their formal statement that "THIS IS NOT THELEMA". Seems odd they would take the trouble to make a statement about it, and then offically accept a subplot that used a copy of the Book of the Law as a physical clue.

I like what greystoke said above - they're representative (or a manifestation) of the Black Brothers (or a literal Black Lodge i.e. moonchild) - It's a definite possibility. I'm just wondering when some Adeptus Majorum are gonna swoop in LOL.

It would definitely be a nice twist - and a neat way to incorporate some interesting concepts of Thelema in a nice neat hollywood way. The way Thelema has been vilified in the boards, making us the good guys would be put a smile on my face, I know.

Quote:
I just think it's very interesting, the energy this is all stirring up. Regardless of the actual intentions, I think it's a strange experiment to take a copy of Liber Al, mark certain pages, include a book mark and leave it somewhere for some people to find (after they've decoded a bunch of clues, of course).

But isn't Tachyon a good guy?

Quote:
I also wondered what other Thelemites thought of the passages that have been eluded to. Thought it might be fun discussion.

LITL,
~kalika

hmmm...

"All questions of the Law are to be decided only by appeal to my writings, each for himself."

ummm ok. I'll start

k, after reading a few of the passages, and seeing how they'd apply to LG15, I say bree and daniel are going to have sex, she's going to get pregnant, daniel will be killed, the order, seeing that Bree is no longer a child, will try to sacrifice her unborn baby, then the hereto unseen SuperSoror will come in with her ultraviolet laser beams and save the day? In Boleskine?

Too much? OK, I've been watching too many movies. But I'm gonna predict some sexyness - if Bree's not already pregnant. There's some drama to be had there - No beast shall divine, but one cometh after. c'mon. that's way too obvious.

93 93/93
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the person using the OTO lamen was Dr. Immant.

As far as the meaning behind verses of the Book of the Law, you can find their real meaning here: http://www.hermetic.com/220/crowley-comments.html

But, I would doubt the opaphid/tachyon crew are actually dealing with the real meaning of the verses...rather trying to infer something by what they appear to say at face-value.

As far as the "Thelema is one of ?" or whatever, it sounds to me like they were trying to say "No, it ISN'T Thelema. We pulled from many sources...Thelema was only one of them".
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
No, the person using the OTO lamen was Dr. Immant.

As far as the meaning behind verses of the Book of the Law, you can find their real meaning here: http://www.hermetic.com/220/crowley-comments.html

But, I would doubt the opaphid/tachyon crew are actually dealing with the real meaning of the verses...rather trying to infer something by what they appear to say at face-value.

As far as the "Thelema is one of ?" or whatever, it sounds to me like they were trying to say "No, it ISN'T Thelema. We pulled from many sources...Thelema was only one of them".

True, the comment does not say "All questions of the Law are to be decided only by appeal to my writings, each for himself, and by Bree's stuffed animals", but I'm just looking for clues. As much as it pains me to see the holiest of holy books used for a scavenger hunt, I am a strangely addicted person.

They're *not* looking at the real meaning of the verse, that much is obvious, which of course puts me at a disadvantage. I see things in Liber AL as Crowley intended, not as Jane Doe from the street would read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: