Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

taking part in the story vs. closed topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATrueFriend
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: taking part in the story vs. closed topic Reply with quote

Hi everyone, hello dear moderators,

today I decided to take on an active part in this fictional story and tried to add a little swing to it. It seemed I broke some significant rules doing so, for my thread has been closed some 30 minutes later. If I did so, I'd like to apologize deeply for this.

I read every forum rule before posting, read tons of postings from other users inside this forum and noticed, that some of them had similar ideas before, so I was pretty sure, not to disturb the original storyline.

I wrote this topic: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3280 and tried to write as ambiguous as possible.

My intention was to write something which could be thought over, discussed or maybe simply ignored without being this unambiguous to ruin the whole plot. Proceeding from the assumption everybody would know that LG15 is fake (and therefore the rest of the story is too) I wrote a text, which could be as well have been written by some member of Bree's mysterious church as some kind of freelancer, simply acting if being a member and hoping, that the Order would maybe pay some nice amount of money for the extradition of Bree. Having this fake-thing in mind I used an obviously fake phone number within the text.

First of all I was kinda astonished about the "revelation" of the phone number being a fake. Of course it was fake. Would you rather like to see a "real" phone number, not thinking about the poor owner receiving angry fan-phonecalls all night long?

Secondly I was really irritated about my thread being closed immediately without getting any comment on this.

So I can only guess that I might have missed some important forum rule saying that nobody has to interfere with the story. If that is true then again I apologize for that. But once again: I wrote this posting in purpose not to ruin the plot. This text could have been written by a variety of different persons with different motives, so the "storywriter" would choose the interpretation suiting him/her the most, ignore it or maybe even delete it (I calculated with this possibility, too).

But now, by simply closing this thread without any comment I feel very uncomfortable with the situation. Did I something wrong, please tell me and I will never do it again.

Originally I thought the specialty in all this LG15-thing would be the interaction with the plot (as I read in many official statements of the producers). If "interaction" means no other than asking Bree (who's still on the run as I remember) for her haircut or hobbies, then I apparently have another idea of interaction than the moderators. Again, I would not be angry about that fact - this is your game and therefore these are your rules. I would just like to know.

Sincerely
ATrueFriend
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a creator or even a mod, so I can only give my own opinion here, but in your thread you weren't "interacting" as much as trying to change the basic storyline. We are meant to interact in our own persona with the official characters, not create a new character.

If you want to create a whole new character parallel to the official ones, I would suggest starting a personal video blog that people can watch and interact with on the side.

Again, I'm sure that an admin or mod would be better set to address your issue, this is just my take on it.
Holden
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread but it seems to apply here.

I acctually came across this recently in the website announcements section:

twjaniak wrote:
LG15 friends,

You have helped to make Lonelygirl15 the Internet phenomena that it has become. Fan interaction and participation was one of the goals that the LG15 creators had in mind when they first came up with the idea of Bree and her vblogs. Soon, the LG15 web site will features tools that will allow you to create your own characters and maintain your own story lines. Over time, your stories can even intersect and influence others, including those of Bree and Daniel.

...*

You may want to wait for these new site feature tools, I'm sure they will explain the best way to go about creating a character.
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure a admin will respond.
Scalare
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, only Twjaniak, Greystoke and Jonas are allowed to interact with bree via a fictional character. You should've known that from the start.

And now seriously. Jesus christ, why on earth are such tremendous creative efforts immediately closed by the admins? Would you rather see yet another character with another unbelievable and childish story line (jonas) added, and is fan fiction only allowed if it's done by creator approved athletic 19 year olds with the mind of a 13 year old, who has been living alone in a great mansion for ... 6 years without losing a penny?

Seriously creators, LG15 is an interactive storyline, so please let everyone play every character they want, and encourage creativity throughout the series. Else it just remains the shallow superficial childish boring RUBBISH that it currently is. Not to mention that the difference between a regular series and an internet series is that it's interactive and that other people can participate in the story... Else you should just air LG15 on TV.. sigh

Last edited by Scalare on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ATrueFriend
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scalare wrote:
Dude, only Twjaniak, Greystoke and Jonas are allowed to interact with bree via a fictional character. You should've known that from the start...

Sorry, seems I missed that information. I just saw some similar postings like the one, where a friend of Bree from the religious camp (don't remember her name though) contacts her, saying Bree was her only friend there and thought this would be ok then.

I apologize for that. Maybe my original posting should be deleted then.
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Interactivity:

I know there is a lot of confusion on this issue. Part of this has to do with the fact that our website is still in its infancy. It will become increasingly clear how you can interact with the show as we add features and redesign the site. Here's what we have in mind and what's currently available:

1) Right now fans can interact with each other. Comment on the videos, create a user profile, send private messages. You can also discuss the plot and characters in the forum. You can create a profile right now: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/wp-register.php

2) Interact with the characters. You can post suggestions and talk to Bree, Daniel, and the other characters in the appropriate sections of the forum. Soon, you will be able to participate in live chat sessions with the characters... and influence the story as a result of your efforts. Here's the forum sections: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/index.php?c=10

3) Create your own characters and storylines within the Breeniverse. This is very rudimentary right now, but in the upcoming months you'll see some amazing changes to the website. Right now, once you create a user account you can enter your Revver ID (www.revver.com) and your profile will auto-populate with your Revver videos. You can create a character and submit as "Video Comments" to a video we produce. Give Bree or Daniel advice. Create your own story (like lordgreystoke) or make parody videos (like lonesomeoctober)... you are only limited by your creativity.

Enjoy the show, and please interact with the fans and characters. Your participation and enthusiasm is the reason we are doing this. Thanks.

The Creators
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
The Interactivity:

I know there is a lot of confusion on this issue. Part of this has to do with the fact that our website is still in its infancy. It will become increasingly clear how you can interact with the show as we add features and redesign the site. Here's what we have in mind and what's currently available:

1) Right now fans can interact with each other. Comment on the videos, create a user profile, send private messages. You can also discuss the plot and characters in the forum. You can create a profile right now: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/wp-register.php

2) Interact with the characters. You can post suggestions and talk to Bree, Daniel, and the other characters in the appropriate sections of the forum. Soon, you will be able to participate in live chat sessions with the characters... and influence the story as a result of your efforts. Here's the forum sections: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/index.php?c=10

3) Create your own characters and storylines within the Breeniverse. This is very rudimentary right now, but in the upcoming months you'll see some amazing changes to the website. Right now, once you create a user account you can enter your Revver ID (www.revver.com) and your profile will auto-populate with your Revver videos. You can create a character and submit as "Video Comments" to a video we produce. Give Bree or Daniel advice. Create your own story (like lordgreystoke) or make parody videos (like lonesomeoctober)... you are only limited by your creativity.

Enjoy the show, and please interact with the fans and characters. Your participation and enthusiasm is the reason we are doing this. Thanks.

The Creators

Thank you Creators.
Scalare
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATrueFriend wrote:
Scalare wrote:
Dude, only Twjaniak, Greystoke and Jonas are allowed to interact with bree via a fictional character. You should've known that from the start...

Sorry, seems I missed that information. I just saw some similar postings like the one, where a friend of Bree from the religious camp (don't remember her name though) contacts her, saying Bree was her only friend there and thought this would be ok then.

I apologize for that. Maybe my original posting should be deleted then.

I was being sarcastic Wink
ATrueFriend
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ the creators: Thank's alot for your quick response, I'm absolutely fine with that and will wait until step #3 of your masterplan will be finished Smile

Scalare wrote:
I was being sarcastic Wink

Ahh, maybe I'm not in the right mood to discern any sarcasm right now... btw... thank's alot for your nice comment. Wink
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya True Friend, I hope you'll look around & post in the forums tho! Tons of very interesting people here, much fun to be had Very Happy

~tigerlilylynn
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scalare wrote:

Seriously creators, LG15 is an interactive storyline, so please let everyone play every character they want, and encourage creativity throughout the series. Else it just remains the shallow superficial childish boring RUBBISH that it currently is. Not to mention that the difference between a regular series and an internet series is that it's interactive and that other people can participate in the story... Else you should just air LG15 on TV.. sigh

I agree with this but I think it goes to the viewers just as much. These fan vids are only a minute or two out of your lives while the people behind them put a whole lot more time and effort into making them. If you can't be supportive don't bash-just don't watch anymore. They'll know how well their videos are liked or not liked by the number of views they get.
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I do bad? *looks around*
Did I do bad?

Should I not have posted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: