Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpA: Adventures in Babysitting [11/26/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watchingall wrote:

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Lev 11:10 But of the various creatures that crawl or swim in the water, whether in the sea or in the rivers, all those that lack either fins or scales are loathsome for you,

(turtles are mentioned a lot by Bree... Owen?)

1 Maccabees 11: 10 I regret that I gave him my daughter, for he has sought to kill me.

(hmmm i dunno why Oppy would leave a msg that sounds like its from Brees dad)

Good work! The Owen part seems important... because Owen was paid special attention to and "tortured" so to speak. Are those things turtles used to swim called fins? If not then maybe this explains why OpA would hurt Owen..

Also, maybe the "daughter" thing isn't literal. It's possible that the higher positions in the Order consider the lower ones "children." Much like Tachyon calls her "partner" "Brother." Maybe that's in reference to Bree? But who could he have given him to? Daniel? idk.. Jonas?

But yeah... just some random thoughts. Don't attack me because I know it's a huge stretch.
rayne100
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watchingall wrote:
BTW I did a imdb search on the movie "adventures in babysitting" (which i reccommend for some good 80s cheese!) and didnt see anything at all that could be connected - though i could have missed something.

FYI-
In adventures in babysitting the little girl was obssessed with Thor, he was her hero.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayne100 wrote:
watchingall wrote:
BTW I did a imdb search on the movie "adventures in babysitting" (which i reccommend for some good 80s cheese!) and didnt see anything at all that could be connected - though i could have missed something.

FYI-
In adventures in babysitting the little girl was obssessed with Thor, he was her hero.

that's cool. was thor a teddy bear?
watchingall
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
watchingall wrote:

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Lev 11:10 But of the various creatures that crawl or swim in the water, whether in the sea or in the rivers, all those that lack either fins or scales are loathsome for you,

(turtles are mentioned a lot by Bree... Owen?)

1 Maccabees 11: 10 I regret that I gave him my daughter, for he has sought to kill me.

(hmmm i dunno why Oppy would leave a msg that sounds like its from Brees dad)

Good work! The Owen part seems important... because Owen was paid special attention to and "tortured" so to speak. Are those things turtles used to swim called fins? If not then maybe this explains why OpA would hurt Owen..

Also, maybe the "daughter" thing isn't literal. It's possible that the higher positions in the Order consider the lower ones "children." Much like Tachyon calls her "partner" "Brother." Maybe that's in reference to Bree? But who could he have given him to? Daniel? idk.. Jonas?

But yeah... just some random thoughts. Don't attack me because I know it's a huge stretch.

Good idea, I wouldnt want to get pinned down thinking it was her dad when it could be referring to anyone and not just Bree Very Happy

I am convinced there is something to her stuffed animals and especially the turtle thing! Here is a thread I did some research of the symbolism of the stuffed animals, if you havent seen it http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3214

Im more curious about the turtle symbology as the days go by, ESPECIALLY after Owen was singled out like that.

SO I went through the transcripts to pull out the turtle mentions.

- Does Owen do anything special in the video where they are rapping to Grillz? I dont feel like watching that one :p

- Daniel Returns: "Basically there is this scientist, and he's giving a lecture, and he's telling everyone how the earth orbits the sun, and then the sun orbits a big group of stars, called a galaxy, and this old woman is sitting in the back of the room and she shoots up her hand and she says, "Well, that's just rubbish. Everyone knows that the Earth is a dinner plate sitting on the back of a turtle." And the scientist says, "Well then, what's the turtle standing on?" And the old woman, she thinks for a moment, and then she says, "Ah, you're very clever, young man. But I'm afraid it's turtles all the way down."

(More montage, finishing the photo board, putting up movie poster.)

So... you don't like turtles. Let's talk about ants."

(hmmm do i need to research ants now?!)

He said, She said - No turtles are mentioned. However "turtle" is a tag for the video as well as "hamster".

(hamster?! what?... that lost me, but "hamster is also a tag for My Lazy Eye,

*Note: Other strange animal tags that arent mentioned specifically in the video:
-platypus in Proving Science Wrong with Lonelybeast
-pelican in The Tolstoy Principle
-monkey in Daniel the Neandrethal ** also aphid is a tag for this one! **
-penguin and bug in What did Daniel and Dad talk about
-llama and chipmunk in I Probably Shouldn't Post This
-kiwi in A Peace Offering (yes its mentioned in another video but not this particular one)
-aphid in Im Really Excited
-langosta (spanish for lobster) in swimming
-ocelot in Bree the Cookie Monster (The ocelot is an endangered species that was hunted to near extinction for its fur. There was some speculation about the movie poster Fur and Bree and PMonkey talking about not wearing fur)
-cephalopod in Poor Pluto however there has been much speculation about this meaning cthulu
-sable in Should I or Shouldn't I? - another "fur" animal.
-Campylobacter in Im going to the Party more a bacteria than an animal
-aye-aye in In the Park - an endangered primate
-phytoplankton in My Helper - sealife

-In Zodiac of the Denderah lots of animals are mentioned, including a beetle and a lion. In the tags we have turtle AND Owen.

Also after she mentions Gemini (Gemma?) she hides in a turtleneck sweater.

- Owen, Thor and crustacean in The Ceremony is Tomorrow
- barnacle in I completed the Ceremony
- Echinoderm in I listened to Daniel (spiny invertabrates)
- In Hi Gemma! Bree says, "I don't really have any pets. 'Cept for...Purple Monkey and Thor and Owen. (Bree whispers) They're not really pets! Actually... I do have some pets. They're not really mine and they're not really...at all...domestic. I have some turtles. Well, they're not really mine, but there are some turtles that I get to see and...occasionally a gopher or two." Where does she have turtles? and gophers?? Also "dog" is in the tags.
- hamster again in Proving Science Wrong
- Motel Pool "P-Monkey, let's go in the water. (P-Monkey shakes head) He says no. Monkeys. How about Owen? Owen, you're a turtle. Of course you want to go in the water. Owen told me one time that he won the 1998 Turtle Olympics in Alaska, for cold water swimming. He lied... Nobody wanted to go swimming today. Not even Owen, and he's a turtle."
- Exploring the Motel "Shower cap? (Bree turns Owen towards the camera, and shakes him, making his head nod.) Check." Theres also a tag that says "same"... any ideas?
-Survival Skills Bree: Survival tip number three: When traveling with animals, it's very important to be vigilant of rabies. (Bree looks back at Purple Monkey, Thor and Owen, then back to the camera with disgust.)
-Silent Treatment "Bree: No I don't. And might I add, the Survival Skills thing was Owen's idea?"
-Ransacked "I think that they tortured poor Owen. (Bree shows Owen, who has a small adhesive bandage on him)... Well folks, the good news is Owen's health is improving... Okay, um, I think it's time to change Owen's bandage"

*Not an animal but the tag "tachyon" appears in What's a Date?

well this should probably go under the tags forums, and someone else probably has done this, but this is all the strange animal tags and turtle/owen references I could find.
watchingall
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been following Oppy enough evidently, she said somethign about hurting fins? Shocked
watchingall
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayne100 wrote:
watchingall wrote:

FYI-

that's cool. was thor a teddy bear?

erm as far as i can recall it was either an action hero or the actual god Thor.

I can't believe i forgot about that!
rayne100
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

erm as far as i can recall it was either an action hero or the actual god Thor.

I can't believe i forgot about that![/quote]

Yeah well i'm a dork what can I say... Smile
As far as I recall in the stroy she was obsessed with his character in a comic book but the mechanic that fixed their car resmebeled him quite a bit. I'klll see if I can find a clip of it.
Jess
rayne100
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't find the clip but Vincent D'Nofri played Thor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: