Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 6pm Chat thread [11/28/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spyingshea
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we get a transcript from the chat?
goodonpaper
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the "Officials" are working on it. There's probably quite a bit of clutter to sort through, unless they're planning on posting everything. Either way, it's going to take some time. Patience, people.
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should have made it so only canon people can talk and the rest of us be lurkers.
storyteller
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fairly useless transcript in the LG pedia: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Bree%27s_November_28_chat
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

storyteller wrote:
There is a fairly useless transcript in the LG pedia: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Bree%27s_November_28_chat

The LGpedia transcript is a very small fraction of the discussion. Most of it is coversation that happened after the 3 characters logged off. TWJ has said there would be a transcript available in a day or two.
childofmetis
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
storyteller wrote:

The LGpedia transcript is a very small fraction of the discussion. Most of it is coversation that happened after the 3 characters logged off. TWJ has said there would be a transcript available in a day or two.

Why is so much of it repeating sections?
Dannie717
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennovi wrote:
The creators should know that when something CAN go wrong, it WILL go wrong. All the fans were excited to talk with Bree, but most of us were not able to. Sad Next time, if they really want the fans involved, they should have planned it better and not just pushed fans aside as the main characters talked with one another.

I feel like the series is hardly influenced by the fans.... I mean only the main characters get to influence the story in important ways. When have they ever mentioned A FAN in a video???? I don't think that is fair.

I completely agree, from what I *heard* of it, there wasn't a lot of fan intereaction. But I guess we'll see once the transcript comes out..
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

childofmetis wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
storyteller wrote:

Why is so much of it repeating sections?

Looks like someones "cut and paste" job with a little too much pasting. Smile
fan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Bree should really just return home. She's being followed either way. As other people have pointed out- they're easy to spot when they're driving the same car around and checking into motels. The "Watchers" know where she is and haven't picked her up for a reason. They're waiting for something, and I think that they'll make the move whenever they want- two kids aren't going to be able to evade them. Also, even if the "authorities" were involved, does that mean every single policeman in the country? Because I'm pretty sure that she could demand protection if she can complain that she's being followed and Daniel will confirm as a witness. It might also help that her parents have been missing for like 2 weeks and no one knows where they are... I think that if her parents are missing and she's concerned about her safety, the cops would have to do something about it by law, right? And if they didn't, they could get into trouble (ie they won't just screw her over if they're involved with the order- they're still obligated to help or they could get in trouble). Anyway, that's just my hypothesis- I don't really know anything about the police force.
Also, Jonas looks like a TOTAL goober. I would go nuts if I had to stay with a guy who seems so proud of his own muscles.
justapix
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
.... TWJ has said there would be a transcript available in a day or two.

WTF?!? a day or two that’s pretty lame. Rolling Eyes Also do they not have anyone who knows anything about IT to not realize that this was going to be a fiasco?!? I mean come on... you make an interactive story, you want your fans involved, you claim to be starting a new medium that centers around fan involvement and interaction w/ the characters, you publicize an event where the fans can do just that and this is the result?!?

Note to the creators get your act together. Otherwise you’re going to lose your audience.

Some once said in these forums that "they really liked the idea of a new type of story telling, telling a completely new story, not the same old story rehashed in a different medium" and at the time I didn't get it, but I do know. We are all bored to tears w/ hyper reality shows and sitcoms. We as the viewing public want something different, which can take us in a new direction.

Here I'll even help you out a little bit.
You have your pacing all off for these webisodes. epically the recent ones, and maybe its because u don't have the budget that you need to do it right, which might be the fans fault for not hitting that donate button at least once, I know I am guilty of that. But I digress, these last few videos came out WAY to far apart, you gave us far too much time to figure out where the story was heading. And that leads to pretty boring story telling if everyone knows what’s going to happen next before we even watch the videos. . These should have all happened fairly quickly ending in a crescendo with the webisodes “Ransacked” and Bree being scared turning to the camera and saying “HELP ME!!! I’ll be in the chat room in two hours”. This then allows Jonas to step in and be a hero by taking them in. It also does Not allow for the chat rooms to get too full, and also adds a sense of urgency that has been severely lacking in all these “chase videos”…

You DON’T have to wait until everyone has seen the last video before you post the next one, this isn’t TV we can go back and watch the episode if we missed it, hell knowing us, we will watch it 2 or 3 times to try and sift out every last bit of information we can from it. We might even play it back words to see if it plays "Bree is dead”.

The basic idea here is that when telling a story of any kind you either need to take the audience somewhere they never expected to go or you need to take them on a fast paced thrill ride that they do not care that they already new the destination. Neither of these things happened in the last sequence of videos.

Also will someone please do better writing for Daniel no man should be that annoying or selfish when in the face of eminent danger… storming of because he is mad… I wouldn’t me mad… I would be scared shitless that people had broken into my room gone through my stuff and where after me and my best friend. I would be more protective of Bree and not some emotion douche bag. His character has become unrealistic with this last move, change it or drop the character.

That said you are still providing an entertaining experience and I for one am impressed.

Justapix
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg last night pissed me off so much, i told mods and admins constantly 4 two days to have only mods, admins and 1000+, but did they listen? i dont even think they thought about it at all, it looks like every1 on the forum knew it was going to happen but the admins never!!

i stayed up till 2am to see a load of guests not shutting up and being complete dicks, and i'm reeeeeaaaaalllllyyy considering dropping this whole lg15 thing

anway, i hope u got a lot of money out of it or something coz thats the only reason i can think of letting so many people on and being so unprepared!

there is no way its fair that people who have been in since the start should have to sit back while all of them guests asked questions!!

hope u plan things better in the future

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what it looked like in the chatroom...

Dancing Boo hoo! Applause Rolling Eyes d'oh! Boo hoo! Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Speak to the hand
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
this is what it looked like in the chatroom...

Dancing Boo hoo! Applause Rolling Eyes d'oh! Boo hoo! Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Speak to the hand

lmao good interpretation. Personally, I was a little pissed. I was one of the many stuck in the chat room that they were not in. When I was directed somehow to the chat room they WERE in...there was too much talking going on. And then when Bree and other Characters did talk, it was hard to see it and there was too much other chatting going on.

The solution wouldn't have been to only have mods admins and 1000+ posters in there, it would have been to disable chatting for everyone while they chatted...or to have them talking to each other on voice chat...allowing us to see them communicate and maybe not interact, but at least we would have seen something.

Personally, this was really disappointing to me. Just like you all, I waited FOREVER for this.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
terminallycute
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad they couldn't have like a lottery-type thing to determine & limit the number of fans in the chat, providing the rest of us with a transcript immediately afterwards or providing a separate lurkers room, where everything that's being said in chat is "echoed" and the lurkers can read it.

Limiting the amount of people in there, I think, is key. Last night was completely ridiculous-there was waaaay too many people in there, all talking at once. The characters couldn't even really talk to each other.

In short, it sucked.

~TC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is hopelessly out of character. I suggest if you'd like to complain about the chat or offer helpful suggestions, you do it in another spot (there's a few other threads started, so feel free). I'm going to lock this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: