Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the chat moan here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
This is largely a repost of something I posted in another thread:

Wow. Sounds like I made the right choice in deciding to go to bed rather than try to participate.

I don't fault the creators or the technical team for trying to achieve something new, and finding that they were far less prepared than they thought. That's how lessons are learned.

For those of you jumping down their throats: please remember that this is entertainment we're talking about, and try to maintain a sense of perspective. These folks didn't screw up, say, emergency response in a national disaster. Nobody died or was seriously injured here.

What did happen: some substantial number of people (I'm not going to get into the debate about how many) were disappointed that they weren't able to get into a on-line chat with a group of fictional characters.

Those of you who stayed up until some ungodly hour of the night for the chat and missed work or college the next day: nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to sit in front of your monitor. Please don't blame the creators for a decision that you yourself made.

This isn't our last chance, people. There will be other chats. We will have other opportunities to affect the storyline. And presumably the team will be able to screen out comments like those from the poop and penis guys. (I'm definitely not sorry I missed those.)

Well said.
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
such a piss take for people like me who stayed up till the early ours in the morning to watch that crap

Yeah, but you are the one that CHOOSE to stay up late. How could you not know that there would be some problems?
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: THE BREE CHAT DISASTER [11.28.2006]
« Reply #24 on Today at 1:19pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night was a complete and total mess and I don't know if I'm more upset with the "fans" who are kissing serious "creator" ass, or the creators for messing that up so royally.

The 350,000 hit is totally bogus. I myself refreshed like 30 times looking for the "chat" link.

I was there a half hour early in the Main room. The admins said that Bree would be entering the main room so us 100 peeps were lucky. There were a bunch of total and complete idiots in the chat. People saying ssshhh, admins telling people to SHUT UP. Others saying IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE and just plain rudeness. Then at 9:20 pm or so, we start hearing that all the characters were in Bree's House 3. You couldn't join, but the number started rising. One Admin started broadcasting the chat and then that disappeared. One member said that they got into Room 3 by exiting the chat and then re-entering. I tried it and it worked. I couldn't read the screen because it was scrolling so fast it would jump like 30 lines at a time. It was utter chaos.

The JDSmith dude who was supposed to be the one responsible for the chat kept apologizing for not having it ready in time. The admins TOTALLY ABANDONED SHIP and all ran to the Room 3 and didn't update anyone of the other 200 or so people stuck in other rooms about what was going on.

I will NOT forgive the Creators for this major screw up. They could have tested the chat well before suggesitng this. Heck IRC would have been WAY better than the mess that was last night. I wasted an hour of my time, finding out nothing, having no interaction as promised. I noticed NikkiBowerReport leaving the Main Room that we were being "promised" the characters would appear in, well before the announcment was made that they were in Room 3. Someone tipped her off. I also noted Gemma saying that she wanted to come to the US - haven't seen that mentioned yet on here.

What a major screwup and waste of time.

The clearest thing of all - the entire chat was predictable from the beginning to the end. Yousef's "I'm fired" blog, and then what a week later Jonas coming on board. Bree saying in chat that Daniel wants to go home and thought the chat was stupid. Well ..... pretty boy Jonas is NO DANIEL. It's clear Daniel is being written as a small part, not the MAJOR LEAD he was assigned. Jonas has almost as many videos as Daniel has ever gotten alone.

And MANY OTHER creators and directors have had live chats before. Stop patting yourself on the back about the "new" form of media entertainment. Hell, Kevin Smith has been doing this for 10 years. LG fans, get a grip, this ship is sinking.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
iamcool wrote:
such a piss take for people like me who stayed up till the early ours in the morning to watch that crap

Yeah, but you are the one that CHOOSE to stay up late. How could you not know that there would be some problems?

grrrr its annoying me people saying tht!!

i was p o'ed coz every1 was telling them to limit the amount of people in and not just let random people come on but did they listen?

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
omegawoman wrote:
iamcool wrote:

grrrr its annoying me people saying tht!!

i was p o'ed coz every1 was telling them to limit the amount of people in and not just let random people come on but did they listen?

No, they didn't, but they couldn't. We could not even follow the chat because of all the rudeness going on in there. You were just one of many, many people saying "block this user, make the guest leave, etc. etc. Because of all this noise, the one's of us who actually wanted a relay couldn't get one. Yes, it was a huge mess, but I still give the creators and admins an A for effort.

I am not picking on you, I like you, but IMO, you let your frustration get the best of you, like many others. It was disappointing, but it was also a little exciting.

Also, I was registered with userplane, but it still showed me as guest. I re-entered several times, stll showing me as guest. I am sure I was not the only one, so asking that all "guest" leave would have been completely unfair.

The ones who should have been booted are the ones that kept on and on even after the admins asked several times for everyone to be quiet.

This chat perspective may not be a new thing to many people, but to the creators, on a limited budget, it is. They have always faced problems head on in the past, and have always kept us informed. They did the very best they could under the circumstances. They have apoligized for the confusion, can't we all respect the fact that they have stood up and listened to our complaints?
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont mean that, i meant that me and several other people where saying all 2day before the chat, but they never took any1's suggestion into account.

and i know i get annoyed easy Sad but i'm working on it Razz

and i like u 2 Razz lol

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
no i dont mean that, i meant that me and several other people where saying all 2day before the chat, but they never took any1's suggestion into account.

and i know i get annoyed easy Sad but i'm working on it Razz

and i like u 2 Razz lol

Awwww, now I am blushing Embarassed
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniph wrote:
I think I love you, Lass. You said a lot that I wanted to say, and more.

Unfortunately, I'm taken. But thanks.

silvermoon wrote:
Well said.

Thanks to you too, silvermoon.

lesbrent wrote:
The clearest thing of all - the entire chat was predictable from the beginning to the end. Yousef's "I'm fired" blog, and then what a week later Jonas coming on board. Bree saying in chat that Daniel wants to go home and thought the chat was stupid. Well ..... pretty boy Jonas is NO DANIEL. It's clear Daniel is being written as a small part, not the MAJOR LEAD he was assigned. Jonas has almost as many videos as Daniel has ever gotten alone.

lesbrent, I sure hope you're wrong, but your theory makes a lot of sense.

I agree -- Jonas is no Daniel, and whoever-plays-Jonas (note: I don't really care who he is, so don't bother posting to tell me his name) is no Yousef.

If the creators are more interested in looks, and in getting the attention of people who will find Jonas attractive (and will watch for that reason), than they are in providing a good story that's consistent with the story and characters that got us all interested in the first place, then I will be more disappointed than I can adequately convey.

Creators: GIVE US MORE DANIEL. Don't let "Jonas" take over Daniel's role in LG15. (Unless you were planning to have Daniel sacrificed. In which case, I'd be perfectly happy to have prettyboy Jonas take over -- as long as Daniel stays a major player in the show.)

Last edited by Languorous Lass on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGosh Yousef's "I'm fired" junk has been cleared up SEVERAL times over.

A lot of times, the admins COULD NOT relay as they would have liked because people would not shut up.

Once again, someone beat me to the punch. *tips hat to omegawoman* Good show.

Omega: did you make sure to check the "Use my userplane ID" box? That's the only reason I can think of for that.
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniph wrote:
OMGosh Yousef's "I'm fired" junk has been cleared up SEVERAL times over.

A lot of times, the admins COULD NOT relay as they would have liked because people would not shut up.

Once again, someone beat me to the punch. *tips hat to omegawoman* Good show.

Omega: did you make sure to check the "Use my userplane ID" box? That's the only reason I can think of for that.

Yes, I did, and it still showed me as guest, I think my final attempt did work.

Wow! I feel special to have your hat tipped to me. Thank you.
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trunbuns wrote:
i think that next time we should just post quesytions in the bre chat section in one particular thread and just have her answer as many as possible so stuff doen't just get lost in the mire, either that or have a sign up thread were the first 59 ppl or so get to go in the chat or perhaps some system were we post questions the mods vet them and the best go throuigh and get answered.

And definately don't have her announce it on a youtube video...

PS sry about spelling but i went out for a few at the pub tonight and have battled through my drunkeness to stay up for this.... i'm definateley flagging now though it's 4 am over here

That's a good idea. Post the questions before hand, have her answer them (maybe in chat, maybe not), and then take a vote as to what she should do. Quick, cleaner, and hopefully more controllable.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off.. I would like to say that I too experienced the "guest" problem. I am registered, but it still kept showing me as a guest. A little glitch I guess, no big deal to me, but hopefully it will be fixed in the future (just in case they decide to make it guest free chat?!)

So I too was frustrated at first with the chat. My computer took what seemed like centuries to even load the lg15 homepage. (Server overload, goodness there are a lot of us!! )

When it finally did, I logged in and searched for a link to the chat.. because I was told it would NOT be held on the userplane. ( I now understand this is because they couldnt get the new chat up and running on time- which is understandable, yet frustrating to those who didnt know)

Then when I finally got in I was shocked by the massive amount of rude and off topic comments. The screen was rolling so fast, most of the important posts were lost within "Jonas is hot" "Whos Jonas?" "Bree have sex with Daniel" "Poop" "Whos Cassie" Etc....

I only managed to post 1 or 2 comments, that were too lost in translation.

I was also disappointed in the fact that nothing was really solved or revealed.. but in all fairness, I think the point was to get us to help her come to a conclusion, and we will find out in the next vid.

All in all, even with the frustration and disappointment, I would like to thank the creators for the opportunity to get involved. I was happy to see their post saying that this was one of many chats. Hopefully all the kinks will get worked out in the future chats. This was a first time, lets cut them a little slack.
Again, as others have stated- they are working with basically no money and working their other jobs at the same time. And they are doing this for US! For our entertainment. So thankyou Creators.

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
sidestep
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creators --

Please think twice about who you give 'Admin' rights to, especially as it relates to those who interact with the storyline and your followers. A great majority of the Admins actions on chat were insulting and destructive. Your overall production and management also lacked as well.

I joined the userplane chat half a hour before the chat. The admins immediately treated us like a heard of cows and told to "stop chatting here." This was in the room I landed in, "Bree's House 1." They told us to go to OpAphid's room. When we got to the OpApid's room the admins asked us why were talking about Bree since this was OpAphid's room. Later the Admin's had absolutely no clue about what was going on, which is understandable, but were very esoteric and higher-than-thou in their actions. If someone would have told us to be patient and done so in a professional manner, that would have been one thing, what happened was another.

I realize there is no payment involved directly at this point and you haven’t received too much sleep. However, with your backgrounds and education you should realize that there is a lot of debit before things go black. Running things like this don't point to very good production skills. Continuing things like this will stratify your management of the Lonelygirl15 brand and product, this will be damaging long term.

I wish you the best, but please coordinate a plan with some points of failure next time.
cup o' noodles
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I know this has been said before, and I already know what most of you are gonna post in reply, but seriously people. How can anyone think that that chat was anything short of pure, unadulterated crap? I hated it, and seriously think that next time, it needs to be planned out better.

I was one of the people that wanted only Admin., Mods., and people with 1000+ posts. Did ANYONE that could make a difference in the chat situation listen? Of course not.

I think next time there should be some kiind of a contest, like a round of lonelygirl15 trivia, and several winners will be chosen. Those people get to pick 1 character that they want to talk to. They will then get to speak to them with (maybe) a few other winners. If not, then the characters will be first come, first serve for these winners.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cup o' noodles wrote:
I was one of the people that wanted only Admin., Mods., and people with 1000+ posts. Did ANYONE that could make a difference in the chat situation listen? Of course not.

I guess I can be seen as biased with my increasing number of crap posts, but I don't think having 1,000 posts makes you any more of an LG15 fan than the next guy. Yeah, I have over 3,000 posts. I know there are a lot of people with a lesser post count than me who contribute way more to the video, plot, character theads, etc. than I do. And they know some of the pertinent information that I don't! I don't think it's fair to exclude someone just because they don't spam the forum (not that I or anyone with a ton of posts does...but, you know).

This wasn't meant to be patronizing! Just stating my (highly regarded) opinion. *cough* Wink

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: