Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the chat moan here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cup o' noodles
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
cup o' noodles wrote:
I was one of the people that wanted only Admin., Mods., and people with 1000+ posts. Did ANYONE that could make a difference in the chat situation listen? Of course not.

I guess I can be seen as biased with my increasing number of crap posts, but I don't think having 1,000 posts makes you any more of an LG15 fan than the next guy. Yeah, I have over 3,000 posts. I know there are a lot of people with a lesser post count than me who contribute way more to the video, plot, character theads, etc. than I do. And they know some of the pertinent information that I don't! I don't think it's fair to exclude someone just because they don't spam the forum (not that I or anyone with a ton of posts does...but, you know).

This wasn't meant to be patronizing! Just stating my (highly regarded) opinion. *cough* Wink

Aw, don't worry, Flauta, I would never take anything you say to be patronizing. I realize we all have differing (highly regarded...lol) opinions.*huggles*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
That was reposted. Also would like to add... sorry for everyone in the UK (and elsewhere) that stayed up late. Thanks! Understand how limited we are and realize that things WILL get better. Just think how cool it is that you are part of this thing as it emerges. We are AMAZED at how many fans we have. Wow! Thanks everyone. We won't let you down.

The Creators

The creators? in my thread? talking about me staying up late? now im stoked seriously!

cup o' noodles wrote:

I was one of the people that wanted only Admin., Mods., and people with 1000+ posts. Did ANYONE that could make a difference in the chat situation listen? Of course not.

no one listened because it's a terribly unfair idea thats all. I have watching lg15 since the start and reading these forums (a lot) since the first website redesign, and the allysa/anchor cove forum before that.

I've never posted to forums before this one and I liked lg15 so much that I started to post; surely that means I am just as much of a fan as you, know as much about the whole lg15 experience as you and would ask just as good questions as you, in fact due to the fact that I spend more time reading the forums than posting in them probably more so in all these counts. Just because it took me a while to start posting and I dont post countless non lg related posts in the party thread does not mean I should be any less able to participate. Ridiculous. One of the reasons I've never bothered with forums before is the elitism that goes on. This one always seemed different but there ya go....
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cup o' noodles wrote:

I'm on here for hours every day. I don't post in the party thread, I don't post to yank my count up. Should I be excluded from chatting because I only have a little over 500 posts?

I think the the purpose of posting about the chat on Youtube was to try to get more/new people over to the website and involved (and donating money). It wouldn't make much sense to then exclude them from participating.

I agree that the chat should have been planned out better. If they were implementing a new chat function, it should have been added and tested way before the actual day of the chat (even before the chat was mentioned on a video). But they did the best they could with what they had last minute. The mods and admins were probably so overrun and overwhelmed that they just did what they could and tried to make the best of it. I'm sure it was very frustrating.

I do think that everyone involved probably learned how to make the next chat better and more organized.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

I'm on here for hours every day. I don't post in the party thread, I don't post to yank my count up. Should I be excluded from chatting because I only have a little over 500 posts?

It doesn't make any sense to limit the access to the people with only 1000+ posts. Only 10 people have such a post count. And most of their posts come from the "Get to know each other" section.
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I saw, the people that were requesting that all had over 1000 post. My bet is that wouldn't be their suggestion if they only had 500 posts.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people seem to think that quantity = quality.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think only people with between 500-600 posts should be able to get into the next chat!

Shocked Wink Very Happy
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually...I didn't support that idea...

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
I think only people with between 500-600 posts should be able to get into the next chat!

I hope for you that will be very soon then! Very Happy
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

actually...I didn't support that idea...

Me neither, Kas. Honestly, it's a repulsively selfish notion. I think that everyone (no one excluded) should be allowed to voice their opinions and questions in the in-character chats.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh, I hope everyone realized that I was just kidding, right? Embarassed
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

Aww, I wasn't trying to come off as such a jerk. The bulk of the message was intended for those who brought up the original idea to exclude you guys. I love all of my posters! Smile

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

Aww, I wasn't trying to come off as such a jerk. The bulk of the message was intended for those who brought up the original idea to exclude you guys. I love all of my posters! Smile

Nah, you didn't come off as a jerk! I just wanted to make sure that I didn't!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys -- over in the Suggestions section I posted about how newspapers like the Washington Post handle their chats. Nobody gets excluded, everybody gets to view the chat, and the moderators pick the best questions. Check out my post in this thread and see what you think.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Hey guys -- over in the Suggestions section I posted about how newspapers like the Washington Post handle their chats. Nobody gets excluded, everybody gets to view the chat, and the moderators pick the best questions. Check out my post in this thread and see what you think.

Yeah, I read that before. I think it makes a lot of sense. There are really just too many fans (and a few goons who want to just come on and mess with us) to have a chat that everyone can participae in and follow easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: