Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recap of Last Drop - What we know, what questions remain
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
covedweller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Recap of Last Drop - What we know, what questions remain Reply with quote

Reposting this as an updated version b/c it seems like other things have distracted us from advancing the story through making sense of the info heavy drop this past Sunday.

These are the parts we seemed to have solved (to reasonable conclusion) before getting the newest Tachyon voicemail (with the song "My Sister" on it.
This was based on reading all of these threads and trying to make sense of the most likely answers and what had been confirmed (that can be):

The Culper Ring is who Tachyon works for.
Cool reveal. Assuming of course that was the connection between NILI and SETAUKET in those file names. From reading up on both it suggests the tie between those two words. It also fits some facts we've received leading up to this point: Tachyon is part of a mysterious law enforcement/spy agency with ties to US GOVT and code names/code numbers (10033)

Tachyon is pissed off at OpAphid, and may have taken out a Watcher
The note about "sorry about the mess" suggests Tachyon at least bloodied her "sitter" (and OpAphid confirmed this). Her "take no prisoners" attitude seemed suggested by saying she couldn't follow the book "The Art of Peace," and also by the playing card with the X on it. It seems like Tachyon was giving it back to someone, which makes me think it was 10033 (Brother) who gave it to her. The Queen of Hearts brings OpAphid herself to mind (Red Queen, Alice in Wonderland), and the X would mean that Tachyon has targeted her or marked her for death in some way (obviously OpAphid is still alive though). So it's kind of a threat.

Tachyon left a guy behind, or made a choice over a guy or something greater.
The random note about choices and thoughts about "him" suggests maybe Tachyon met a boy while undercover in The Order? So her choice was to leave? Or maybe she was seeing someone before going undercover. Nothing else from the drop seems to explain this, so it might be referenced again in the future. It's not Brother though, because it is asking someone to pass word along...in-game, from what we know, Brother or people on behalf of Brother are who the drops are meant for. Speaking of which, we haven't heard from that simpleton in awhile...Perhaps he found some distractions online after getting clarity on the "any key" issue.

The I in APHID = INFILTRATE.
The I in APHID is infiltrate and Tachyon turned the tables on OpAphid by infiltrating them.

---------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER, we seem to be missing a few things
It really does seem like we missed something important because a few things stand out that seem semi-related to each other but unsolved to a conclusion.

Here are the loose ends that I think tie into the "My Sister" revelation:

Why did Tachyon infiltrate The Order?
Her anagram said she "sought" to infiltrate. So she had a motivation going in. And her above note to the mysterious boy talked about choices. So it wasn't like she was forced into the assignment.

What was the relevance of Gemma's video "They Disappeared" on the memory card?
It's file name was HMM and...see below.

Why was Tachyon's password SASCHA?
Gemma says it was the name of the dog that the family of the girl had in "They Disappeared." The other times a password or key were a word, they had relevance (like GPS or TACHYON from her first drop).

Who was the birthday card was meant for?
We know it was meant for a female. Some people are guessing Bree, but it doesn't fit with the other loose threads from this drop. And while Tachyon is concerned about Bree, it seems odd Tachyon wouldn't be addressing videos directly to Bree if she already knew her. She has asked others to tell Bree things. So it seems odd Tachyon would write such a personal note to Bree given their (lack of a) relationship. Also, this drop seems VERY heavy on Tachyon's backstory (while OpAphid focused on Bree and Daniel with Saturday's "Adventures in Babysitting" video).

---------------------------------------------------

IDEAS of what we overlooked?

We got the phone number from the book. It was the hardest part to figure out. It revealed the song "My Sister" by Juliana Hatfield.

Given the unanswered questions from before, this seems to answer them.

Or am I totally baked? Laughing
SmellyHawaiian
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. i haven't been on all day, and it felt like i missed out on alot.. this thread just brought me up to speed, thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
violagoddess
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tachyon is definitely the girl from the family that disappeared - the one Gemma talks about in her video. That would explain both the video being on the flash drive and the password "Sascha." But who is the sister?

I'm wondering if it could be Gemma. Maybe it was actually Gemma's family who disappeared ... or am I way off here? That would just draw more parallels between Bree's situation and Gemma's, and would explain why Gemma's being followed too.

I also think Jonas's family was probably "kidnapped" by the Order ... but maybe I'm just going too far now.
evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but it seems most likely to me that the b-day card is for her sister, whoever that is.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but have we gotten confirmation that Tachy works for the Culper Ring?

I haven't seen anything yet. It's a really neat theory, but until we confirm it, we should keep our minds open.
covedweller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
I'm sorry, but have we gotten confirmation that Tachy works for the Culper Ring?

I haven't seen anything yet. It's a really neat theory, but until we confirm it, we should keep our minds open.

The Culper Ring uses #s and code names. It is also the most obvious link between the town in NY and the story about spies (Nili).

Also, Op said it was a govt agency but not FBI or CIA.

We can ask Tachyon, but why would she tell us straight up?
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:

The Culper Ring uses #s and code names. It is also the most obvious link between the town in NY and the story about spies (Nili).

Also, Op said it was a govt agency but not FBI or CIA.

We can ask Tachyon, but why would she tell us straight up?

It is a very cool theory, however,I agree with Sad Panda. The evidence to support it is at best sparse and we shouldn't jump on any conclusion regarding such a critical information without a little more substance.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with anything else associated with this, I don't think that it would be an actual organization, for fear of lawsuits or offending people. Just my $0.02.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may, an important detail about the B-card is the pink monkey (P. Monkey ?). It naturally points to Bree.

Also, Setauket points to the Culper Ring. Nili is...Nili. But there is no connection between the two, except there were both secret organizations. But Nili was active some 150 years after the Culper Ring, on the other side of the planet. I don't see anything here that could lead us to think Tachyon is in an organization called the Culper Ring.

I actually like the anagram UK ESTATE for SETAUKET. Nili was working with the British intelligence, and it makes a link to Gemma and to the password SASCHA. That's a lot of clues pointing all in one direction: the brits! I might be a fool though.

edit: And I agree with Ziola, modern spies would not use "the Culper Ring" as a name for fear of knowing the wrath of some village idiot attorney that could declare that the name of national heroes cannot be used so lightly.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Recap of Last Drop - What we know, what questions remain Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:

The Culper Ring is who Tachyon works for.
Cool reveal. Assuming of course that was the connection between NILI and SETAUKET in those file names. From reading up on both it suggests the tie between those two words. It also fits some facts we've received leading up to this point: Tachyon is part of a mysterious law enforcement/spy agency with ties to US GOVT and code names/code numbers (10033)

where this hasn't be confirmed and where the culper ring has already been disbanned...
I have a hard time thinking that this is fact.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that the two above posts point to the reason why it IS probably The Culper Ring.

The Culper Ring hasn't officially existed since 1780ish. Although urban legends have suggested it has actually in secret, and many other forms of literature and comic books have used it as a frequent plot device (probably for the same reasons).

Therefore there is no fear of a lawsuit.

Who's with me?
covedweller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, anyone notice that Tachyon never confirms anything in a clear and explicit manner?

I think OpAphid has confirmed more Tachyon clues and puzzles than Tachyon has. Laughing
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
It's funny that the two above posts point to the reason why it IS probably The Culper Ring.

Still don't see why it's probably Culper Ring. The point is: you presented it as a fact. And it's not (so far).
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
covedweller wrote:

Still don't see why it's probably Culper Ring. The point is: you presented it as a fact. And it's not (so far).

'Zactly. I'm thinking that, like OpAphid, OpIvy/TheBureau/TheFamily (Whatever you call them) is also a composite of several different organizations. The Culper Ring is probably just one facet of thier group, just like Thelema is just one facet of The Order.

Has anyone asked Op? She's rarely direct, but she'll steer you in the right direction (...sometimes).
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:

Has anyone asked Op? She's rarely direct, but she'll steer you in the right direction (...sometimes).

I think she's in a bad mood right now.... she doesn't talk much. (she doesn't talk to me at least )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: