Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW Multi User Chat Issues..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treefunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get past the male/female screen. It allows me to highlight one, but not to continue.

I'm guessing this is because my Library only has Flash 7.0 installed. Still, a shame.

Last edited by treefunk on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even get that far. I registered, so I log in on the main page by clicking the chat link. When I log in, I get taken back to the main page, with a message that welcomes me and tells me how many unread notes I have. There's no link to the chat at all.

Edited to add: I did see the link that's labeled "Multi-User Chat" on the forum page. When I click on that, I get the heading "Enter Chat" and a message that says "Comments are closed." And that's it.

Edited again to add: Okay, I finally got in. The software insisted that I was a guy, but otherwise I had no problems -- no technical problems that is. There were a bunch of lunkheads in there (plus BK), so it wasn't worth hanging around. But at least I know I can get in.
treefunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem:

My pc crashed while I was in chat. Now I can't log back in because "Treefunk" has somehow remained in the chat--it tells me there is already a user with that name.

I had a chat admin try to kick "Treefunk" out of the chat so I could log back in, but she was unable to do so. When she kicked "Treefunk," nothing happened.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treefunk wrote:
Problem:

My pc crashed while I was in chat. Now I can't log back in because "Treefunk" has somehow remained in the chat--it tells me there is already a user with that name.

I had a chat admin try to kick "Treefunk" out of the chat so I could log back in, but she was unable to do so. When she kicked "Treefunk," nothing happened.

I think you have cracked the code of the space/time continuum. You are now in two places at one time.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new chat is a big improvement over userplane, i must say. the ability to create new rooms is nice.

The video option will be great if it can be used for in-character chats, though that's gotta be a bandwith hog for the server in a big chat? i hope this chat client can handle over a 1,000 users (most on silent for character chats) -- or at least we should be told before the next big chat now many it can handle?
glowe126
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: same thing here Reply with quote

Yeah, I keep trying to log in, but it says there is a user with that name already and i get --- denied!

I'm registered with the page.
jsmith
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Report Reply with quote

ok, here's what i've found out - just wanted to let the community know.

1) I have not found out why some people are experiencing audio issues - i will solve this when i do find out

2) for those of you who are logged in and still can't access the chat - i know why. for technical reasons (i can't really explain why) you HAVE to go to http://www.lonelygirl15.com then click chat - this works for me everytime. http://lonelygirl15.com will NOT work regardless if you are logged in. I am working on a solution to redirect http://lonelygirl15.com to http://www.lonelygirl15.com

3) the chime has been temporairly removed. I am fixing to upgrade the chat software this week and there will be an individual option to remove the ding

4) the ability to paste insane amounts of data will be fixed and input will be limited this week

5) we will have the ability to only allow moderators to speak (when we want to). when this feature is enabled, everyone will be able to view conversation still

6) we will have the ability to temporairly disable audio/video if we desire as well

all of these fixes will come this week (except #1 may not be fixed, sorry)

I am aware of the following 2 issues:

1) Instant messaging does not work

2) Video Messaging does not work

I am working to fix both of those issues this week as well.

Finally I would like to reassure all of you that the next chat will be better. We are going to disable audio/video during the chat and only allow moderators to speak. A special forum will be setup a day or two in advance to post questions to and the moderators will pick a selection of questions. We will paste them in the chat for everyone to see along with their answers. At the end of the chat, we will copy/paste the chat history (yay for this new feature) and put it on the lgpedia for public comment and viewing.

In addition, i'd like to reassure all of you that everyone will be able to access the room with the characters in it.

Thanks for your patients and don't hesitate to let me know if there is an issue i have not discussed.

oh yeah now that i think about it:

I am unable to fix the issue about not being able to see who is talking/listening to you. You can view who is *watching* you however.
kiteaura
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, what is up with the sudden loss of ALL admins except jdsmith?

seriously, you cant expect to be able to run the whole chat by yourself?!

ive got Iris2009 here who agrees with me (lol were on the chat).

i think most of the admins we had before were doing a good job, and we would like them back. These include but are not limited to:

Mimo (HoorayforMEImmakingout)
SadPinkMidget
Buggar
Sweetie55
Brokenkid
GoodGollyItsHolly
(will edit when remember more)

these people did their jobs well, and we would like them back.

Ty. Razz
jsmith
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

that is not true.

TW, myself, BK (Broken Kid), & Star are still admins

furthermore, i removed everyone else's powers because there are no written rules for the chat right now, and there won't be for another 2 days probably.

Moderators were kicking/banning for reasons that were legit & illegit. Users were complaining to me personally about it. To satisfy the public and keep my sanity i took this action.

I will look into adding more admins but not all of the ones you mentioned.

Thanks for your complaint and concern.
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Okay we were trying to have a video chat last night and the chat kept freezing on me. (I didn't have a webcam or mic). Chat would do one of two things:

1. Would freeze up after I was there for a few minutes, when this happened the letters in chat would get bold and freeze.

2. I would get to the "Deny or Confirm" screen, it would get bold and freeze on me.

I tried rebooting 10+ times, I upgraded to the newest flash. Why is it not working? Any other programs I might need to upgrade? Also, what are the system requirements?

It was a horrible experience last night Sad

Thank you so much for any help.

~Falling
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I'm not sure, but it's possible it was due to the strain on our servers due to a large amount of traffic. We are currently buying more servers to deal with the traffic and should have those available someitme in the next week or so.

If you continue to have a problem, please email support@lonelygirl15.com
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The profiles aren't linking properly right now. It shows our avatars, but then it just says undefined. It should say when the person signed up and their profile.

Also, I'd like to see the instant messaging working again. Smile If possible.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

jsmith wrote:
that is not true.

TW, myself, BK (Broken Kid), & Star are still admins

The way you and your girlfriend just flipped off the Breeniverse and left with an easily-revertable atomic cloud in your wake was truly embarassing. Good riddance I suppose.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
Sorry about that. I'm not sure, but it's possible it was due to the strain on our servers due to a large amount of traffic. We are currently buying more servers to deal with the traffic and should have those available someitme in the next week or so.

If you continue to have a problem, please email support@lonelygirl15.com

having a flash-based chat with video and audio options is going to be a huge drain on your server, or so i've been told. hopefully the audio/video can be turned off during a fan-interaction chat so more people can participate.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
treefunk wrote:

Problem:

I have just experienced a similiar problem. My internet connection died and i was in the middle of chatting and now i try to get back in but it says that "this username has already been taken" ugghhh.... okay i see now it lets me back in but i had to wait a bit.. I sure hate crap like that though. grrr...

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: