Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Bree Mentally Challenged?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree aka Lonelygirl15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annabelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watermelonhead wrote:
I'm glad she's wacko. How exciting would this series be if it was about a level headed girl who eats oatmeal and reads a book at the library all day?

How exciting would this series be if it was about a girl sitting around with her friend saying "She ate cookies" and her big entrance from her room being "Thanks, other male character." And then she calls people. And says "That didn't go anywhere."

Oh wait, it is that exciting..

I was excited for awhile about this, and now the excitement is dropping again... rapidly. I'm beginning to think we'll never see a resolution to this story line.. I'm beginning to think we'll never even see the action in this story line...

I mean really, the Creators have us hooked, and it's been like a three month cliffhanger.. really, they could keep us hanging indefinitely, all that matters to them is that the viewers keep coming to see what happens, and the ad revenue keeps rolling in.. Shocked
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Bree Mentally Challenged? Reply with quote

onetruegnome wrote:
childofmetis wrote:
Jengels2002 wrote:
I do not think this girl is playing with a full deck of cards. I mean, what kind of moron sits in a park talking to a stuffed animal?

What do you think?

I thought she might be, actually. Maybe she has some form of autism?

I have often wondered if she has Asperger's the so-called 'high-functioning autism'.

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

I highly doubt she has Aspergers...I've worked with a number of children who do and she'd be the most socially advanced Aspergers child I'd ever met. don't quote me on this though I'm just a PT aid.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I don't figure Asperger's because she has too many social skills and doesn't seem obsessed by certain topics. I've worked with a variety of students with this condition, and (although every person is different) Bree doesn't seem as socially awkward and as non-empathetic as the "typical" person with Asperger's. (By non-empathetic, I don't mean that those with Asperger's are mean; they just sometimes have a hard time seeing things from other people's points-of-view.)

Interesting idea, though.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
RiverFleur
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of agree with the theory that she has some kind of 'mental disorder', I mean it's kind of weird to have conversations with your stuffed animals when your 16+ years old.

I also am leaning towards the split-personality disorder thing, how she created Cassie as a way to cope with her rejection from her classmates.

Whatever the case, I agree she's a bit odd in the head. And she's smart too, genius comes hand-in-hand with madness...
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever her state of mind is now, I wonder if the Creators will have her go through some sort of post-traumatic illness... if it was real life she certainly would.
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Possibilities Reply with quote

I wondered about this myself a bit before I read this thread. There are a few options I'm considering.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I don't think she had a normal childhood. The ceremony itself and their consequent time on the run would have been enough to send a sane person into some sort of state in which he or she could talk to a stuffed monkey, but seeing as this behavior preceded the plot we've been privy too (P. Monkey's been a fixture since the beginning) but something must have happened to Bree prior to the videos if this is the explanation.

Autism: I think this is a definite possibility. Bree appears to be incredibly intelligent, but is somewhat lacking in social skills and emotional maturity. Her reluctance to have a relationship with Daniel might also come into play here.
CandyCoated
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Mental Disorder Reply with quote

If she has a mental disorder, would she still be seen as fit for the ceremony? I don't think they would still want to use her, but that is just my opinon. Nothing wrong with mental disorders, not saying the people who have them aren't normal..but I think the order would want someone more stable and pure bre(e)d.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mental disorders do not have to be a disadvantage. I couldn't imagine my life without my mental disorder....it helps me in a lot of ways.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: joke Reply with quote

platypusrex256 wrote:
Quote:
what kind of moron sits in a park talking to a stuffed animal?

same kind of person who likes the mets! j/k

YANKEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
butterfly
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's very simple.
Bree is a very intelligent girl, but she's a product of her environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree aka Lonelygirl15 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: