Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE][SOLVED] 12-01 Beating Stalin
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: [PUZZLE][SOLVED] 12-01 Beating Stalin Reply with quote

This is long, and the bottom part has the correct fully decoded answer. Laughing

This morning's Tachyon profile update:

"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn."

(below once you click more)
Oh, and if you think you can beat Stalin (because he's a punk)...

http://the-K12.redirectme.net/

redirects to:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/x/mis/242500710.html

Here is the surface post text:

Bagged like my favorite character in Mallrats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Mallrats, I finally watched that crap mid-90s movie on cable. The one you love with the dude from Dogstar. I can't believe you actually spent your hard-earned money on something that awful! I am still going to keep quoting that one line from the trailer though. Ask me how I do it, that's totally my answer!

-------------------------

The source code contains a link to this file:

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/229709/4U.jpg

This file is not a jpeg. It's a rar file that contains a text file named "havefun"

The source code of the Craigslist post also contains 6 digit groupings of numbers that are hex code and decode to the following in text:

cassandra hughes
poly[amorous] sub[missive]? [u wish!]
u may b [roughly] 32186 kilometers away butt eye can c ya
turn it out go _ 36 34
SuperBoy fitty fo'

presumed to be some sort of instructions for decoding the "havefun" text message properly.

If "Bagged like my favorite character in Mallrats." can be taken to mean TS Quint that means the message is 5 times encoded (or bagged).:

1. cassandra hughes HEX
Character on the show HEX

2. poly[amorous] sub[missive]? [u wish!] Polyaphabetic Substitution! (Cipher)
Joking aside, Poly Sub here means Polyaphabetic Substitution!

3. u may b [roughly] 32186 kilometers away butt eye can c ya BINARY
(this works out to the song "Digital Getdown" by NSync if you convert the kilometers to miles. "Digital" would then most likely equal BINARY

4. turn it out go _ 36 34 base64
The song "Turn It Out (Go Base)", 36 34 in hex are 64. base64

5. SuperBoy fitty fo' HEX
SuperBoy #54 features the introduction of the character HEX

----

*also of note is that the surface post refers to the movie Chain Reaction with Keanu Reeves (who's in the band Dogstar when not saving the world one "whoa!" at a time).

The trailer to Chain Reaction can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/y8bpml

It features the line "is that how you do it? backwards?" This is the last step for the text (and also applies to the order in which the above instructions should be applied).

Deagol figured out the basics of an IOE key that we were lacking for the cipher step above, which was hinted at on Tachyon's current YouTube profile:

d3c0d3 4 k3y / c0d3d 1n70 l337 5p34k 17 3qu4l5 'T'

translated: decode 4 key / coded into leet speak it equals 'T'

In l33speak, T equals 7.

Alysaface suggested that if we think about who the message is to, it's to Brother or 10033.

10033 is 1-0-0-3-3, because according to that wiki article on The Culper Ring, with Agent 355 it's three-five-five, not three hundred fifty five.

Therefore:

1 + 0 + 0 + 3 + 3 = 7

10033 in l33t = IOOEE decoded.

IOOEE would be the key for the Cipher step of the decoding.

You would take the text file ("havefun") and decode it in this order (reversed per instruction):

HEX to ASCII
base64 to ASCII
binary to ASCII
V. Ciper (IOOEE as key)
HEX to ASCII (again)

After running that, the partial message from earlier comes out complete (only backwards).

Reversing it, the complete message is:

Did I ever tell you that as a child I always wanted to go to Disneyland? I would pester my parents, but they kept saying we couldn't travel that far "because of my sister's obligations." I hated her for that. I hated her so much.

I bet you know what that's like--in fact, I know you do. It keeps you awake at night, that anger that you can't let go of...all because someone drilled into your head a sense of inferiority.

It isn't that the other person is better than you. It's that the situation helps you convince yourself that they might be, and you’re deathly afraid that they are.

Knowing what you dealt with awhile back really helped me put things in perspective. It helped me make peace with that part of my past, because I realized that my sister was never the enemy. There are other people to blame for creating that situation, but I also blame myself for not even trying to do anything about it except act like a spoiled brat.

But your situation is different in many ways…it’s almost the opposite actually. Although from what you’ve told me, maturity was neither of your strong suits (so at least we have that in common). Still, I know that how it all played out left a really bad taste in your mouth that you’ll probably carry around for the rest of your adulthood (the same way I held onto mine to the point where it almost ruined what little childhood I could cling to).

And yes, you can at least feel better about blaming yourself for the mess you got yourself into because a lot of it was actually your fault. (I may suck at sympathy, but writing it out really does wonders for my own issues LOL).

However, there might be an opportunity for you to resolve some of these feelings that you are still carrying around, or at the very least maybe settle the score. I’ll tell you more about it in a few days, once I do a little more research, because I want to be absolutely sure--plus there's another pressing task at hand that needs to be dealt with, once and for all.

I don’t want to ruin the surprise, and you shouldn’t get your hopes up yet, but I will tell you this much: We’re not going on vacation and no one is going to Disneyland, but if what I suspect turns out to be true, well...it damn well proves that it’s a small world after all.

Last edited by covedweller on Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:48 pm; edited 9 times in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first bit is from another John Cusack movie, Better off Dead. I know I said that in the other thread...but since it's going to be more discussed, here...

*edit* keanu reeves was in 'dogstar'

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the people who can get the damn color codes? Argg!
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone get a screen cap and the source of it?

Last edited by covedweller on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.microfilmmaker.com/critiques/Issue12/Dogstar.html

Dogstar (named after Sirius, the Dog Star) is an odd, reclusive artist and amateur astronomer who has spent most of his life in his bedroom drawing and gazing at the stars through the treasured telescope his father gave him as a child. At the beginning of the film, we meet his equally eccentric family: his loving hippie mother, his sister Cassiopeia, and his brother Astro, whose brash, hasty, outgoing personality is the complete opposite of his brother’s.

At his birthday dinner, Dogstar is introduced to Gabrielle, a free-spirited young woman whose smile and sparkling diamond nose ring capture Dogstar’s attention and heart. As Gabrielle struggles with a drug habit, she turns to Dogstar for solace and peace; at the same time, his growing love for her motivates him to leave the house for the first time to get her a new diamond ring after she pawns her first one for drug money. As these two draw closer together, Astro reveals Gabrielle’s secret to Dogstar, causing Gabrielle to run away and Dogstar to decide if he should go after her.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
anngry
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "dude from dogstar" appears to be this guy, jon jacobs II.

since its unclear what other movie tachy is talking about sine she says "after mallrats, i watched that crap mid-90s movie on cable. the one you love with the dude from dogstar."

here are the other movies jon jacobs was in in the 90s, according to imdb.

Dogstar (1997) .... Dogstar
Hero, Lover, Fool (1996) .... Paul O'Lochlainn
Welcome Says the Angel (1996) .... Joshua
The Girl with the Hungry Eyes (1995) .... Henry
Hard Drive (1994) (uncredited) .... John the Lawyer
... aka Enter Deliah (USA)
Sleepwalker (1993) .... Jack
i feel the magic between you and i

I LOVE BEAST!!!!
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Color codes color codes... Reply with quote

"000000""000000""636173""73616e""647261""206875"
"676865""732020""000000""000000""706f6c""795b61"
"6d6f72""6f7573""5d2073""75625b""6d6973""736976"
"655d3f""205b75""207769""736821""5d2020""000000"
"000000""75206d""617920""62205b""726f75""67686c"
"795d20""333231""383620""6b696c""6f6d65""746572"
"732061""776179""206275""747420""657965""206361"
6e2063""207961""000000""000000""747572""6e2069"
"74206f""757420""676f20""5f2033""362033""342020"
"000000""000000""537570""657242""6f7920""666974"
"747920""666f27""000000""000000"
"http://www.snapdrive.net/files/229709/4U.jpg"
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY

Last edited by Xrynaem on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero, Lover, Fool (1996)

Paul O'Lochlainn (Jacobs) is hitchhiking across America to fulfill his lifelong dream of making an independent film with a group of friends in Hollywood. His plans take a major detour when he is picked up by Isabelle (Fatos Silan), whom Paul saves from her psychopathic movie star boyfriend, Don Cross (Kastenbaum). Don has flown into an irrational, drug-induced state at the news his girlfriend is leaving him, and is threatening to kill her. Pursued into the desert when Don shows up at the motel where they had taken refuge, Paul and Isabelle find themselves attracted to each other, joining as lovers under the hot desert sun. Believing they have finally eluded Don, the pair part ways, but when Paul realizes Isabelle is not out of danger, he faces a decision that could destroy his once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to further his career.

Welcome Says the Angel (1996)

First released in 1996 but shot four years earlier, this ultracheap indie from Philippe Dib (who boasts no other credits) nicely captures the last gasp of the glam-metal fashion era in Los Angeles. Shame there's not a lot of plot to go along with it. Drifter Joshua (Jon Jacobs) meets junkie Anna (Aysha Hauer), and the two get high, have sex and try to get clean within the confines of her apartment. The initial setup is strong, with Joshua waking up to find himself chained to Anna's bed as a punishment for some unspecified crime he supposedly committed, but that issue is resolved too easily and unsatisfactorily. The film is very similar to another recent Laemmle Theaters rerelease, Noah Stern's 1999 The Invisibles, though it feels stagier, and would perhaps be better appreciated as a play. On the plus side, Hauer shows a lot more skin than Portia de Rossi did in Stern's film. And Jacobs is a fine actor, but the idea of giving him a retrospective of his own (which this film is a part of) seems premature. How about waiting until he's made some good movies?

screen froze...will have to continue...

covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xry -- for the love of hathor, hit a few line breaks into that string there.

the window is massively wide and scrolling now! Laughing
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
Xry -- for the love of hathor, hit a few line breaks into that string there.

the window is massively wide and scrolling now! Laughing

*cries* I don't use the forums!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just edit the post and hit return/enter in between a few of those number sets.

just don't waste time looking for the "any key!"
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
just edit the post and hit return/enter in between a few of those number sets.

just don't waste time looking for the "any key!"

Oooh, that was a harsh blow.
anngry
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Hero, Lover, Fool (1996)

Paul O'Lochlainn (Jacobs) is hitchhiking across America to fulfill his lifelong dream of making an independent film with a group of friends in Hollywood. His plans take a major detour when he is picked up by Isabelle (Fatos Silan), whom Paul saves from her psychopathic movie star boyfriend, Don Cross (Kastenbaum). Don has flown into an irrational, drug-induced state at the news his girlfriend is leaving him, and is threatening to kill her. Pursued into the desert when Don shows up at the motel where they had taken refuge, Paul and Isabelle find themselves attracted to each other, joining as lovers under the hot desert sun. Believing they have finally eluded Don, the pair part ways, but when Paul realizes Isabelle is not out of danger, he faces a decision that could destroy his once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to further his career.

Welcome Says the Angel (1996)

First released in 1996 but shot four years earlier, this ultracheap indie from Philippe Dib (who boasts no other credits) nicely captures the last gasp of the glam-metal fashion era in Los Angeles. Shame there's not a lot of plot to go along with it. Drifter Joshua (Jon Jacobs) meets junkie Anna (Aysha Hauer), and the two get high, have sex and try to get clean within the confines of her apartment. The initial setup is strong, with Joshua waking up to find himself chained to Anna's bed as a punishment for some unspecified crime he supposedly committed, but that issue is resolved too easily and unsatisfactorily. The film is very similar to another recent Laemmle Theaters rerelease, Noah Stern's 1999 The Invisibles, though it feels stagier, and would perhaps be better appreciated as a play. On the plus side, Hauer shows a lot more skin than Portia de Rossi did in Stern's film. And Jacobs is a fine actor, but the idea of giving him a retrospective of his own (which this film is a part of) seems premature. How about waiting until he's made some good movies?

screen froze...will have to continue...

sleepwalker is a short with no trailer, and hard drive he is uncredited, so i doubt hed be identified by tachy when hes an extra role.

its probably one of the two you detailed, or this.

the girl with the hungry eyes, direct link

all 3 seemed to get pretty poor reviews so they could all be the crappy movie shes talking about. im having trouble finding trailers though.

EDIT: it could also be this one, called lucindas spell, but it was done in '98 so i didnt think that was considered mid-90s.
i feel the magic between you and i

I LOVE BEAST!!!!

Last edited by anngry on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Girl with the Hungry Eyes (1995)

A female vampire returns to the decrepit, coastal hotel where she took her life 60 years earlier after discovering her fiance's infidelities. She vows to restore the crumbling hotel to its former beauty while seeking vengeance on every man who has the misfortune of crossing her deadly path. But revenge is put on hold when she meets Carlos. This handsome Cuban photographer just might have what it takes to heal her immortal heart -- and give her one last chance to salvage a shattered life.

Hard Drive (1994)
Will and Delilah have never met, yet share their secret desires through a high tech, interactive network. Their bizarre fantasies escalate until they become obsessed with making them reality.

Lucinda's Spell (1998)
Four days before the Eve of Beltane, a descendant of Merlin, known as the First Horn, arrives in New Orleans. He is there to choose one witch from a coven that is fit to carry on his bloodline. While each witch in the coven is competing for the honor of receiving First Horn's seed, one witch, Lucinda, already has a child by him. Of course, the other witches look down on her, and she begins to despair that she will not come up the spell necessary to win the chance to bear another child by First Horn. This modern Cinderella story is incredibly bizarre, funny, perverse, and more than a little absurd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: