Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Message From the Creators
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puregenius
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Ok, so it's fake Reply with quote

Big deal...I can still suspend my disbelief for quality entertainment...

And oh yeah...show us your tits
Smile
solasura
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, dont be so shallow. i doubt bree will flash us anytime soon. she's religious, in a sense, anyway.

maybe what that can keep you edged to watch on could be the fact that someone is murdered or mortally wounded by one of the characters in the show. keep a look out for what happened to cassie!
montrealren.com
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think watever she's fake or real . she's a nice person who i really like .

i don't care u guys watever say to her. i just like her. just like her mostly

funs. i like her in no doult.

lonelygirl15. i support u and always...

message from www.montrealren.com

http://www.montrealren.com/phpwind/index.php

http://www.montrealren.com/phpwind/read.php?tid=420678&fpage=1

http://www.montrealren.com/phpwind/read.php?tid=420678&fpage=1

http://www.montrealren.com/phpwind/read.php?tid=420678&fpage=1[img][/img]
chinese website in montreal
Coil
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never cared if it was real or not i was purely watching because im entertained by peoples lives or true story environments. This works for me either way.

If we really were the directors or whatever though. can we have a car crash!! CAN WE!! Smile
manlolokokayo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coil wrote:
I never cared if it was real or not i was purely watching because im entertained by peoples lives or true story environments. This works for me either way.

If we really were the directors or whatever though. can we have a car crash!! CAN WE!! Smile

and i wanna see purple monkey act like chuckie and throw some muriatic acid on bree's face.if not, can i see bree scamming her parents for attention so she'll be able to feel special; that shes not a loser in this world just like some three wannabe filmmakers who felt they invented a new artform in deceiving gullible people--perverts or otherwise? Laughing
jim
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just found this site via an article on my Google homepage. It was from Wired or Slashdot. Anyway, I'm bummed that I didn't get to see this before the creators came clean. I really love the entire premise of these films and what you are doing. It was a stroke of genious to post them without telling anyone they're "faked." Isn't that what movies, books, etc. are all about? Suspension of disbelief? And isn't it easier to believe something and immerse yourself in it if it's presented to you as real in the first place?

Anyway, I've started going through the archives, and I'm enjoying them thus far. It's pretty cool that you used responses from viewers in directing the plot. It's a real shame that you had to tell everyone that it's not real because that taints the responses.

Oh well, it's still an interesting show, and I'm definately going to keep watching it.

Cheers
-Jim

(Also, I cracked up on "He said, she said..." when, after a long pause, Daniel says "Yours was meaner." Good stuff haha)
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terryfic wrote:
Well, since I don’t think anyone has said this yet. Thank you for creating these wonderful videos. They are clearly a labour of love and I have thoroughly enjoyed every single one of them. I hope the series continues to run for a long time.

ditto to this. i couldn't agree more. keep it up guys! i didn't watch the videos until after the whole lonelygirl15 phenomenom was in the news and that's when i first heard about it. anyhow, i'm hooked now. love the music chosen for the videos too.
sarah g
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Uh-oh - they're deleting posts about the ad agency! Reply with quote

This morning I posted a message here about the fact that an ad agency is behind the whole Lonelygirl15 site (the link is actually right at the bottom of the home page - Vantageous Advertising - http://www.vantageous.com/ ) and is/will be selling product placements within Bree and Daniel's videos.

3 HOURS LATER, THE POST IS GONE! Apparently Vantageous doesn't want you to know they're behind all of this...

Product placement works like this: a few years ago, you could get your product placed on the top of Rachel's fridge in an episode of Friends if you paid the network $10,000 (per episode).

Advertisers know that the lucrative young hipster market doesn't pay attention to old-fashioned 'advertising'; but they DO respond to product placement when it's in the right environment. So they are increasingly cunning about how they market products...if you see Beyonce with a can of Pepsi in her hand at press conferences, you can bet Pepsi paid big bucks to put it there.

Bottom line? Lonelygirl is just a construct of some ad agency looking to sell stuff to their clients...
ToccataBlue
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit too far fetched for the episodes that have been released. I can't spot a unifying advertising theme (subject), nor have others pointed one out, and with so many viewers, you can believe they watch really closely.

There are random paintings or pictures, but they've been there from the start, when not nearly as many people as today watched it. It's too hard to believe a small company/proprietor would pay substantial resources to advertise for several months in a series with no promises of popularity from the start.

That doesn't mean the creators haven't set a good foundation to try this in the future. They have the popularity.

Your original post seems intact - I just read it. It's a little hard to track posts with so many forum names.
dumbasskid23
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, obviously, its a internet based reality series, which I do commend the creators on, its an interesting portayal of society through the eyes of a 16 year old girl. I've only caught two episodes thus far, and they were entertaining. I'm not sure why there is a forum for it though, I can understand a wide fan base, but a forum? Most of you just discuss "Real or Fake?" This series is leading somewhere, and I hope its somwhere good.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solasura wrote:
oh, dont be so shallow. i doubt bree will flash us anytime soon. she's religious, in a sense, anyway.

The religion that Aleister Crowley subscribed to would not at all be adverse to titflashing.
dumbasskid23
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unaware so many people were awar of Thelema
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thirds of the people on here found out about "Thelema" when they looked it up on Wikipedia after they heard it mentioned in relation to this whole tihng.
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Uh-oh - they're deleting posts about the ad agency! Reply with quote

sarah g wrote:
This morning I posted a message here about the fact that an ad agency is behind the whole Lonelygirl15 site (the link is actually right at the bottom of the home page - Vantageous Advertising - http://www.vantageous.com/ ) and is/will be selling product placements within Bree and Daniel's videos.

3 HOURS LATER, THE POST IS GONE! Apparently Vantageous doesn't want you to know they're behind all of this...

Product placement works like this: a few years ago, you could get your product placed on the top of Rachel's fridge in an episode of Friends if you paid the network $10,000 (per episode).

Advertisers know that the lucrative young hipster market doesn't pay attention to old-fashioned 'advertising'; but they DO respond to product placement when it's in the right environment. So they are increasingly cunning about how they market products...if you see Beyonce with a can of Pepsi in her hand at press conferences, you can bet Pepsi paid big bucks to put it there.

Bottom line? Lonelygirl is just a construct of some ad agency looking to sell stuff to their clients...

You know what's weird? Go to vantageous's "press room" http://www.vantageous.com/aboutus/press/index.html . It was supposedly created just 4 days before the 1st Bree video aired. Is it just me or does that seem ridiculously fast? I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I think the ARG influx has started to warp my mind. Razz
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToccataBlue wrote:
That's a bit too far fetched for the episodes that have been released. I can't spot a unifying advertising theme (subject), nor have others pointed one out, and with so many viewers, you can believe they watch really closely.

She is certain to have some of the fans asking where they can get some of the other items. So, they could easily work that into one of her videos.

"Hi guys! I know some of you have been asking where I bought this -----. Well, I found it when I went shopping with my mom at -----."

They could easily do this even if there were only one or two requests. Advertising takes many forms. The subtlety of mentioning that P.Monkey and Owen could be found at your nearest Target is one obvious form. I imagine Target's site must have had a nice increase in traffic that day, of people wanting their own P.Monkey!
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: