Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improve the forum on the video page ~ add an ignore button
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
I wouldn't mind the complete elimination of the comments section to encourage greater participation in the forums. I too find it extremely difficult to weed through all the chatter - kinda like the first chat session.

Hope I don't get jumped on like trainer was at first, but I agree with this suggestion. I don't even bother reading the comments under the videos, because of all the garbage that appears. I figure that anyone with anything interesting to say will say it here in the forums.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
I wouldn't mind the complete elimination of the comments section to encourage greater participation in the forums. I too find it extremely difficult to weed through all the chatter - kinda like the first chat session.

Hope I don't get jumped on like trainer was at first, but I agree with this suggestion. I don't even bother reading the comments under the videos, because of all the garbage that appears. I figure that anyone with anything interesting to say will say it here in the forums.

Uh oh... You're in trouble now! Laughing
I realize that the main page was intended to duplicate the 'feel' of the YouTube comments section, but I just find both unreadable.
annie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:
trainer101 wrote:

Uh oh... You're in trouble now! Laughing
I realize that the main page was intended to duplicate the 'feel' of the YouTube comments section, but I just find both unreadable.

LOL Very Happy Well, if you all are in trouble, then so am I because I agree wholeheartedly.
I just thought the "Ignore" button would be a compromise, but I really do agree that the comments page could go, and that would be an improvement.
treefunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Hope I don't get jumped on like trainer was at first...

I feel a little insulted. I don't think I "jumped on" anyone. I just tried to explain why I thought the comments section was valuable and why I wouldn't like it to be "eliminated." Next time I'll save my thoughts for the video comments section.

Wink
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treefunk wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:

I feel a little insulted. I don't think I "jumped on" anyone. I just tried to explain why I thought the comments section was valuable and why I wouldn't like it to be "eliminated." Next time I'll save my thoughts for the video comments section.

Wink

Nah, stick around. We like you here. Very Happy
annie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treefunk wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:

Wink

I think some perspective is in order here, honestly. Some people on the video comment page expressed genuine concern about/dislike of some of the clique's dominating behavior on that page, and you lumped all of those complaints into one negative category, then belittled the peoples' complaint with this:
""What's more, the forums (to a casual observer like myself) seem dominated by nasty flame wars that we usually lack on the main site (except, that is, for the recent one perpetrated by people for whom skipping past a one-line post that says "first" is too taxing). ""

It seems that it is okay for you to hand out criticism but if anyone else does the same, it's unfairness being perpetrated upon you.

Really, we could all get along. I think that consideration of each other and maybe some compromise is in order, (for one thing, the video comment page clique could tone down just a bit and still have fun), and I hope you'll be less defensive.
This series is lots of fun and I think there's room enough for everyone to behave and have lots of good interaction.

Peace

Last edited by annie on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm equal-opportunity inconsiderate. Cool Screw you all.
annie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! A new video! Can't wait to leave work so that I can listen to it.

I thought I'd read some of the commentary to get an idea of the crux of the video, before I leave work and... the kiddie contingent is at it, peeing all over the board, essentially.
It reminds me of the time I babysat for a neighbor's three and six year old kids. They were spolied and not well socialized and they ran around teh house yelling words they thought would get my goat, and getting in the 'fridge and turning the tv up loudly, because they knew I didn't have the authority to make them stop and any attempts to reason with them fueled their glee at throwing their absuse of any respect in my, the babysitter's, face.
The Video Comment Clique can post their "team yell" and basically continue abusing the comments page, _because they can_. Like a six year old kid when the babysitter has tried to get them to behave.
Pathetic.
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:

I always find that it's good & fair to generally just hate across the board.

~tigerlilylynn
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:

Promises, promises . . . Rolling Eyes
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, i really cant be arsed reading both pages but i'll guess my name was mentioned a lot in this thread Wink Razz

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
AutoPilate wrote:

Promises, promises . . . Rolling Eyes

Shocked ¡Dios mío!

Hello there....
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I did for a time read the comments under the videos but after a while yes it did get a little cluttered with random stuff that i have mostly stopped. Made me think of the chat a week ago lol ahah . Anyway i do not necessarily think it is good to get rid of the comments all together, although if that did happen the forums would definitely probably see more utilization. So, kinda of a good/bad situation. I think i will just stick mostly to the forum with my two cents where i have found a happy home!

Boo hoo!

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
treefunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as this discussion is still continuing...

There is some value to having two separate "forums" for discussion in that we avoid the cognitive bias of groupthink. The speculative discussions on the comments and forums tend to take divergent paths and this makes for really interesting dialogue when they come together, after much deliberation, in LGpedia and the chatrooms.

Re: the suggestion to merge the two sections by means of having anything posted in the video comments automatically also posted in a thread on the forum:

At the risk of being accused of jumping on people, I actually think that's not so great of an idea, albeit an interesting one. Because the format for video comments is so different from that of the forum threads, the type of discussion in the comments differs formally from that of the forum. I think any merging of the two would mostly just cause confusion and angst.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treefunk wrote:
At the risk of being accused of jumping on people, I actually think that's not so great of an idea, albeit an interesting one. Because the format for video comments is so different from that of the forum threads, the type of discussion in the comments differs formally from that of the forum. I think any merging of the two would mostly just cause confusion and angst.

You're not jumping on people. Your responses are well-thought-out and courteous. Smile

But you're right, it would totally make the comments of "OMG FIRRSTTTTTT!!!!111" as the 43rd post far less significant.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: