Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE][SOLVED] 12-9-06 "XX/XY" (Ver. 1.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Familiar. that is just stupid.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She says hex jumble. Can we backsolve it or was it just a fudge up?
shifty
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx wrote:
From Tachyon:

SIGH... biggest waste of time, ever.

I knew it wasn't solvable with what was given...
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF??? You gotta be kidding me. What a waste of time!!!!

Next time they have a drop, I hope they put a little more effort into double checking the accuracy of the data.

http://www.youtube.com/group/GemmaSucks
snipeGT
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so her "brother" shoots in his profession?
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shifty wrote:
sphinx wrote:
From Tachyon:

Grrrr!!! What a bunch of crap.

So the "look familiar" is just Tach's way of saying, "Hey, remember her? We know that Gemma chick!"?
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
shifty wrote:
sphinx wrote:
From Tachyon:

So the "look familiar" is just Tach's way of saying, "Hey, remember her? We know that Gemma chick!"?

:-p don't diss them like that; this is more irrefutable evidence that tachy and gemma ARE linked, though we dunno the specifics yet.
JuJu Bean
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
Aja wrote:
shifty wrote:
sphinx wrote:
From Tachyon:

:-p don't diss them like that; this is more irrefutable evidence that tachy and gemma ARE linked, though we dunno the specifics yet.

I was just reviewing old videos of Gemma since I didn't really pay attention to her much back then. She has on an American Eagle sweater in An Awkward Silence....which is not sold in London as far as I know. Which she is supposely supposed to be in for Uni since she "wanted to branch off from things)..A clue that maybe Gemma isn't in London?

I posted it on the main page, but Jonas just posted his video so of course most people are distracted for one reason or another.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've been playing catch up for most of today. Here's what I've got for this:

From what I can tell, the XY puzzle was one of two things. Either it was a simple typo, or it was a deliberate mistake to throw those of us who are on Op's side for a loop. From what I can conjecture from the puzzle, one of the 1's should have been a 9.

Now some of you are probably asking "how'd you come up with that?" Well here's the trick. Someone came up with "Look familiar?" before, and it was later dismissed as an error. It just seemed too perfect of a fit for my tastes, with the exception of the one extra "a." So I started working backwards, and sure enough, everything fits, except for that one character. Therefore, in my opinion, that was either a mistake on the PM's part (and hey, you can't blame her for being human), or it was intentionally placed there to throw us off and keep us busy for a while. Both of those goals, in any instance, were met.

Conclusion: This puzzle is solved. Tachyon wants Brother to take a good long look at Gemma's videos. Maybe there's something that Tachyon is trying to tell Brother about Gemma. I don't feel comfortable with making assumptions as to what that is, however, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Michael
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
OK, I've been playing catch up for most of today. Here's what I've got for this:

From what I can tell, the XY puzzle was one of two things. Either it was a simple typo, or it was a deliberate mistake to throw those of us who are on Op's side for a loop. From what I can conjecture from the puzzle, one of the 1's should have been a 9.

Now some of you are probably asking "how'd you come up with that?" Well here's the trick. Someone came up with "Look familiar?" before, and it was later dismissed as an error. It just seemed too perfect of a fit for my tastes, with the exception of the one extra "a." So I started working backwards, and sure enough, everything fits, except for that one character. Therefore, in my opinion, that was either a mistake on the PM's part (and hey, you can't blame her for being human), or it was intentionally placed there to throw us off and keep us busy for a while. Both of those goals, in any instance, were met.

Conclusion: This puzzle is solved. Tachyon wants Brother to take a good long look at Gemma's videos. Maybe there's something that Tachyon is trying to tell Brother about Gemma. I don't feel comfortable with making assumptions as to what that is, however, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Michael

I agree. This drop has been full of false leads. The numbers in the video, the focus the video put on the lockers, this puzzle. I believe this should be taken as a lesson, which is Tachyon isn't dumb. I think we should all expect false leads to show up from here on out.
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things jump out at me with this drop:

1. It's clear that most people have chosen Op's side, and Tachyon knows it. It's funny that the "good guy" is almost the villain here.

2. How on earth did we guess the correct answer? I get that it was a HEX anagram/jumble and all, but with that 1 digit being off thing, it's a shock that it still worked.

In regards to the second observation, a few people might have messaged Tachyon with that guess and since it was right, the puzzle was considered solved.

Any consensus on what we think Look Familaar means? How would Brother know Gemma?
diastres
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
Any consensus on what we think Look Familaar means? How would Brother know Gemma?

I've mentioned this on IRC, but I guess I'll throw it out here.

In "It's Not Your Decision," Gemma mentions a boy Sam that she wasn't allowed to see anymore once her parents found out she had a crush. Perhaps Brother is Sam?
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diastres wrote:
covedweller wrote:

In "It's Not Your Decision," Gemma mentions a boy Sam that she wasn't allowed to see anymore once her parents found out she had a crush. Perhaps Brother is Sam?

Interesting idea. Seems like a good possibility... Has anyone who's friendly with Tach asked her about it before?
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
yea the same thing is popping up to me too (male/female) ... but i doubt it has anything to do with it...

I really like the " Look Familiar " idea though. It runs along with a lot of our theories on Tach and Gemma and Op.

didn't someone say they got a tachy note confirming the "look familiar"? has anyone else gotten it so we can confirm?
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diastres wrote:
covedweller wrote:

It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small small world.

(sung like acid)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: