Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead Rose?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sammy214
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Dead Rose? Reply with quote

Pi wrote:
Sammy214 wrote:
In Gemma's new video, 'Bad Decisions' there is a dead rose next to her... could it mean something?

I have two thoughts on it, now that I finally think I know what the beads mean in the vids. Well, I don't really know what they mean.. just that I think they're referancing Rosary Beads (perhaps, even referancing a system of counting in 10's as in decades and decans). Anyhoo..

1. Rosecrantz ->Wreath of Flowers -> Rosary Beads -> Rose

I think Bree might be on some kind of spiritual/self-awareness/identity journey. Probably, symbolically similar to the play she perfoms at her religious summer camp. Hence, she wore a tshirt with the 'holy' ghost wearing rosary beads around it when D&B ditched the car and started down their yellow brick road on foot. (To bad Daniel doesn't have a pair of ruby slippers to click whenever he starts whining about going home, but i digress...)

That being said, since they're eating out of trash bins, Gemma might've been saying with the wilting rose that...the journey of spirtual enlightenment/ connecting-with-the-spirit/ self-awarness is not going so well and that Bree is as dim as ever. Further, that Bree's not listening or contemplating (because that's what you do with rosary beads) about who she is or what destiny the Order has in store for her (if anything). In a way, Bree is like the silly Rosecrantz (means wreath of flowers or rosary) character from the play her parents met at, where it discusses free-will and destiny.

So, basically Bree's spirit or spiritual growth is at an all time low. Like the wilting rose she's been dying, dying, dying,...practically dead living on the streets as a wandering ghost/spirit. Probably, not the best direction to take. If she doesn't open her eyes, start trying to figure things out, an actual physical death might come for her. However, it won't be the fault of some destiny the Order may have planned. It'll be her own fault for making dim-witted desicions while asleep at the wheel. I guess as Bree's mom told her dad. Remember or figure out who you are, what you want and change course.

I went a off on a tangent.. sorry bout that..

2. I've also been thinking a rose or the rosary beads that Gem and Bree have been wearing might mean something along the lines of "secrecy," "in secret," "in confidence" as in the latin term Subrosa "under the rose."

The wilting rose in this context might mean that their 'secrets' or 'confidence in one another' is in trouble, decayed, or exposed. Right when Gemma said something like "...clouds your judgement" when she was telling her story about the musician (which seemed like she was talking about Jonas) her head hit the wilting rose. So, she might've been saying, "You don't trust me to tell me your secrets, or have confidence in me because Jonas is clouding your judgement." She did go on to ask Bree to tell her about her parents note, so that she might ..um.. help.

Pi

Thats real good. Yes, Gemma probably does communicate with symbols and things around her. I mean... in her last video, I don't recall a rose...(I think...) so why now is the rose there all the sudden?

Bree is smart so I think she knows what it means.

Oh and Gemma... I'm not sure if shes part of the order, or just one of the followers like Bree. When Bree told them she isn't going to do the ceremony, Gemma made a responding video saying that, not everyone gets picked for this, and that Gemma wish she were ready, and could be able to do it. So she might be a follower like Bree was. Now, she could be part of The Order because, if she was such a great friend, she wouldn't get mad at Bree, because thats Bree's business, and she doesn't want to do it. But maybe she wants to lurr Bree into it, like The Order might do.

Sorry this went off topic, but you never know!
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Dead Rose? Reply with quote

Sammy: Yip, ya never know. I've never known what to think of Gemma. But, she's been getting more and more interesting.

Oh, and I like playing with symbolism and metaphors. So, I was just working with stuff others have already been saying. Thanks, tho.

With the recent vids, how about this one?

When Daniel called Gemma a "Plant".. he meant it in more ways than one.

1. Gemma speaks the language of trees: she commented on 'branching off.' Used the word 'stem.'

2. Gemma tried Thai food (alot of veggies), but didn't really like it because it was "salty." Salt = not so good for growing plants because it soaks up all the water.

3. Gemma told Bree to get some sun and get in the water. Both are required for photosynthsis and glucose (sugar) production for energy. Currently, Bree is back to eating nothing but sugars (Milk and Chocolate Chip Cookies)...a pretty direct form of sugar.

4. Gemma has a plant and apparently now the dying flower.

5. Gemma leans toward the cool colors, especially blue. I think the wavelengths of light or the colors or light may play a role in growth or specific behaviors of plants. Doing some quick research.. blue to the ultra violet range seems to pop up alot.

So, as other's suggested, the the dying rose probably was Gemma simply expressing her concern for Bree's physical health and growth. Stuff like not getting the nutrients or sugars she needs and not taking care of herself. I'd hate for Gemma to be directly threatening Bree with death...but *grumbles* I suppose it could be that to.

On a side note, it's interesting that whenever Gemma is talking by the large cityscape poster she's always on the shady side, which makes her mostly a house Plant. hehe

Pi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: