Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Navigation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
treefunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Site Navigation Reply with quote

I find site navigation a bit clumsy--here are a few suggestions:

1. Moving through pages in long threads is currently tedious. To go to page 112 of a 250 page thread, one must cycle through some 108 pages to get there. Would it be possible to incorporate a "jump to page X" button/link?

2. The search mechanism that exists for the forums is at the moment practically useless because it returns results in the form of threads, rather than individual comments or thread pages. To then find the searched comment requires sifting through the entire thread (which can be as big as 250 pages).

3. It would also be very useful to allow searching for particular phrases by putting search terms in quotes.

4. On the topic of search--it would be lovely to have a way to search all video comments for specific terms.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these are all VERY good suggestions. I just used the search tool for the first time the other day, and was a bit frustrated on how the results were given.

And the "jump to page" thing is definently a neccessity.

Thanks for taking the time to call these things out.. I'm sure (at least I hope) the admins will take these into consideration. Very Happy

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Navigation Reply with quote

treefunk wrote:
I find site navigation a bit clumsy--here are a few suggestions:

1. Moving through pages in long threads is currently tedious. To go to page 112 of a 250 page thread, one must cycle through some 108 pages to get there. Would it be possible to incorporate a "jump to page X" button/link?

Yes it is possible and I've added the feature. You can now navigate to a specific page number by entering it into the box next to the page count.

Thanks for the suggestion.
treefunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much! This and the quick reply are great new features.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Navigation Reply with quote

treefunk wrote:

2. The search mechanism that exists for the forums is at the moment practically useless because it returns results in the form of threads, rather than individual comments or thread pages. To then find the searched comment requires sifting through the entire thread (which can be as big as 250 pages).

3. It would also be very useful to allow searching for particular phrases by putting search terms in quotes.

Point #2 has always been possible, it's just not a default search option. When you do a search scroll down to "Display Results as" under "Search Options." Select "Posts" instead of "Topics", this will return the results that you want.

Point #3 is not possible. In order to decrease the burden on the server, the forum system we use, PHPBB, doesn't search for phrases, just keywords, of which you can specify more than one, just not in the forum of a phrase.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Thanks to the awesomeness that is TWJ!!!

I noticed the "go to page" thingy today and got all excited. hehe.. its the little things in life that make me smile I tell ya.

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: