Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What can they see?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: What can they see? Reply with quote

Many of us has come to the conclusion that it needs to be specified what the characters CAN and CAN'T see.

Like, if Daniel has "friends" on the forum, and comes to the forums for advice, he would be more than capable of seeing other threads about OpAphid, Tachyon, Brother, The order etc....

Does Bree watch Videos of Gemma and Jonas ONLY? or does she watch OpAphid Videos as well?

We need some definition of what they see and what they don't see to help us understand the full picture.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN.

Please, it is so confusing for everyone. We can only suspend reality so much.
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They skip over OpAphid and Tachyon threads?
mmm hmmm
Daniel asking the forum members for help has really confused things.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mintgurl wrote:
mmm hmmm

They read everything that is written that is addressed to them. The way we direct comments to them is in the forums marked in character discussion. Doesn't that seem logical?

It might require a little suspension of disbelief; don't most forms of entertainment do that?
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Mintgurl wrote:
mmm hmmm

They read everything that is written that is addressed to them. The way we direct comments to them is in the forums marked in character discussion. Doesn't that seem logical?

It might require a little suspension of disbelief; don't most forms of entertainment do that?

Well, its not just about forums. that was an example. Op posted a RESPONSE to one of brees videos. So you mean to tell me that Bree sees all video responses EXCEPT ops?
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewelybug wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Mintgurl wrote:
mmm hmmm

Well, its not just about forums. that was an example. Op posted a RESPONSE to one of brees videos. So you mean to tell me that Bree sees all video responses EXCEPT ops?

You make a valid point.

Look at it from Bree's point of view. She posts a video. It is responded to by someone called OpAphid. She looks at the name and says "hmm, that's familiar." Then she looks at the video, and it appears to have nothing to do with her interpretation of APHID. So she ignores it.

Is that also not reasonable?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in total agreement at this.
You need to specify what they can and cannot see and WHY!!!! A lot of new people that are coming in from wired, niteline, vh1 are really confussed...

On top of that...it is really lacking sense...why they are able to see our forum comments...but nothing on OpAphid boards.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Bree think that OpAPHID is something she learned as a kid?

Why does she skip over the 10-12-06 sections? Or all those posts saying she was gonna die? Or the LGPedia?

Apparently the Bree part of the forum is the only direct line to contact her through here, and that is all her or Daniel see.
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why doesn't Bree see what's written here in Concerns and Complaints? or LG15 in the press? Maybe she'd want to scrapbook an article or two!

It's called suspension of disbelief. If these rules start applying, why is Bree posting blogs at all? Why did Daniel commit a felony and post it?

Some small logic caps are a requirement to make the story possible through this medium, right? Every movie/tv show has its share if you start to think about it.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to note that this thread has so far been entirely composed by persons within the OpAphid community! Myself included!

We are watching a show. We all like the show. Because the way we interact with the characters in the show is all so new, it is sometimes a little confusing to some of us.

Am I off base here? You guys be the judge:

Bree, Daniel, Gemma, Jonas and all the other people in the story are interacting with us through this forum. They each "see" what they are told "in character." They even respond to us "in character."

When one of us fans looks at the forum page, we see the whole page. When one of the characters looks at the forum page, that character only sees his/her "in character" messages. When one of the actors who plays a character looks at the forum page, he/she sees the whole forum page.

The same goes for the videos. We fans see all of them. Each character in the story only sees the videos that are important to that character. The actors see all the videos.

I don't think I am far off base here: I genuinely want to help you all see how really cool this is. It is a monumental attempt at interactive entertainment.
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would make the most sense if they had two websites, one that was out of character (such as this one) and one that was entirely in character. That way we wouldn’t have to actively imagine what they can or cannot see, as it would be explicitly outlined in this second site. The second site would contain no OpAphid stuff or anything else that B&D don’t watch themselves (you could even create an in character site for OpAphid too. I don’t follow it so I don’t know if this would be appropriate).

You couldn’t follow the entire story as easily at these in character sites, but you could more easily be a part of the story at them. It would also allow a more logical separation of fans that are interesting in role playing with characters, and those that are interesting in simply consuming the story as they do other passive forms of entertainment.

Before the outing this site was suppose to be entirely in character (even though B&D never stopped by back then) fan made site. Since the outing it has tried to be both the official LG the Show site as well as an in character site that exists within the Breeniverse. The clear paradox of the same site both existing and not existing within the Breeniverse is the source of all of this confusion.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not within the OpAphid community, and I do think this is a really cool experience, so nobody needs to "help me see" it. But I agree with Jewelybug that it would be extremely helpful if the creators would specify what parts of the Breeniverse, including this board, are visible to the characters and which parts are not.

I don't think more than one site is necessary -- this board has clearly delineated sections, and we've been told that the characters visit the "Everyone's A Character" section. We simply need to know whether the characters can see other sections of the forum, other videos, etc.
tech4u2hire
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: I do beleive I concur Reply with quote

Bravo,
A good point Jewel........perhaps this will evlolve as more things come into focus. One can only hope that the IC and OOC worlds can be more clearly defined in the future. I hope the right people are reading this thread and that they will adjust accordingly. Just my two cents worth, take it or leave it. I think the easiest way to eliminate this problem would be that the "characters" have no interaction on the boards, however the format of the revver medium vs the youtube medium is not so conducive towards this. The change to Rever was a neccessity from a financial stand point and I understand that, but I just dont think direct character interaction is something which can be easily pulled off, and still meet the TINaG principle. You make a good point and I think it will be interesting to see how this gets handeled.

*tech4u2hire high fives Jewel
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewely, thank you for posting so that we can get this topic out in the open. I think most of my confusion stems from the inconsistencies in what the characters see on these forums and on YT, based on their own stories and locations. For example: Daniel was apparently receiving communication from a number of people on the forums as well as from Tachyon, who was warning him about OpAphid's intentions. This occured while Bree and Daniel were on the run, and was in fact the reason that the two of them abandoned Daniel's car. Now, how is it possible that Daniel could receive communication from Tachyon, but that Bree wouldn't know about it? I can't imagine that Daniel didn't tell her he'd been warned there was a tracking device in his car ("Uh, no Bree, nothing's wrong with the car...I just think we could both do with a little fresh air...").

Similarly, both Jonas and Daniel are clearly watching Tachyon's YT videos. If that's the case, how is it that Bree never mentions them, even though she's been in both Daniel and Jonas' company when they confirmed that they watched that YT account. And if Jonas and Daniel can see Tachyon, why have they not discovered OpAphid? These are some of the problems that I have a hard time working past. With Bree, the solution could have been as simple as a debate between B&D over which internet friends to trust more.

Anyhow...just another two cents for the pile. If the Creators could actually get two cents for every time someone uses that phrase, they wouldn't need that donation button!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: