Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open Source Web Development

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Open Source Web Development Reply with quote

I don’t think it is any secret that this project has had many technical set backs. I don’t know if you have decided to hire a professional team to expand the site or if another fan has offered to volunteer their time. But, having watched the wiki grow into something that is not by any means perfect, but is definitely pretty good, the idea of making this entire website fan constructed came to me.

Of course it would have to be a little more controlled than the wiki and all additions wouldn’t go live, but would be tested on a staging server, but overall I think turning the website into a fan built open source project would be very interesting. Consider how most of the fan base is pretty technologically aware I would be surprised if there weren’t a few fans that knew a little something about web design\development. Individually they may not be interested in committing themselves to becoming free fulltime coders for the site, but may be interested in working on it occasionally. The combination of a large number of people work every once and a while may produce something better than a single person working feverishly.

This would require more transparency on your part than usual. You have mentioned the concept of making the site interactive but have never really outlined explicitly what you meant. Myself, I am very curious and would really like to work on a project that was truly innovate. We all want to see where this interaction is going and I think if you laid out your project plan then we just might be able to collectively build it for you.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reccomend me

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i jus realised terryfic, u were the 2nd person to join the forum, only behind the admin Shocked

wow you've been involved for a long time Smile

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and LG have a lot of history together. Maybe one day I will make an Old Timers thread where I will outline all the major events of LG that I was either part of or was around to see. All you youngsters missed some exciting days.

I think this thread is beginning to drift away from the original topic at hand. I hope someone can put it back on track.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terryfic,

I think that is a very interesting idea. A possiblity is for us to hire a full time programmer/IT person in house to act as a project manager and coder. Then to allow for volunteers to contribute to the project remotely. We would definitely need a staging server, and software to track the code. Interesting. Our number one priority is finding an in-house programmer/IT person in the Los Angeles area first. Thanks for the suggestion. I think you would be interested in contributing since the ideas we have are very innovative.

Miles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: