Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Watchers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: The Watchers Reply with quote

I think the watchers have received too little real scrutiny other than presence or absence from a video. Obviously, they must have an ongoing purpose other than swooping in when a rarely occurring ceremony gets botched. What do they usually do? I'm guessing ..they watch.
Yeah, that's why I thought it was strange when bree and d took off from the motel. The guys just watch the folks who are straying from the path and possess some secrets of the order. They try to make sure the secrets don't get out. That's why they're called the Watchers and not the Grabbers or the Stabbers. Bree and d were never touched, although the order had plenty of chances. They were just watched. And they continue to be watched. The order has an interest in bree being safe, (if not free). The order wants bree to choose to do the ceremony.
Not profound, but subtle difference. If there was going to be an abduction, it seems it could have already taken place.
The Watchers are everywhere. Maybe there's a camera in your bedroom, too!!
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Watchers Reply with quote

One has to wonder why they would let people who have their secrets live if they don't actually need them for something. Really, the Watchers aren't doing a very good job of protecting the secrets if they're not offing potential liabilities who they have no incentive to keep alive. What would they do in the event that someone with secrets was about to do an interview with CNN? Would they take action or call in the "More Than Watchers"?

I'd like to know what they usually do too. It doesn't really make sense for there to be a division specifically for watching people who know too much if they're never going to do anything with them -- even when there's no reason to keep them alive.
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering how Bree and Daniel have eluded the order. Especially when they are not the most subtle...and watchers have been spotted in nearly every video since they were first explained by Gemma.

As for what the watchers typically do: perhaps look for potential Order members? Scan the streets for others who may 'subscribe to their way of thinking'? With their suits and sunglasses, they could be a sort of solicitor... Laughing
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I'd understood about the job that "Watchers" are deployed for, is to follow and observe (watch) their target/subject. Hence why they're called "Watchers". The only other thing their job entails is to relay their findings to their controller or superior.

Watchers are never to initiate or force physical or verbal contact with their target. This is why Bree and Daniel have never gotten into any physical altercations with one.

If in danger or when the need calls for it, an available operative (who is usually nearby) is called in. Obviously, B&D had not done anything 'bad' enough for their watcher to feel the need to call in an operative.

I guess you can consider a Watcher as a mobile stake-out, of sorts.

that's all there is to say about that... say anything else and it'll make you look stupid.

I <3 SARAH!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
butterfly
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the Watchers would do if they were confronted by Bree or Daniel?
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Their videos Reply with quote

Anyone else find the watchers videos creepy?
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterfly wrote:

That really is the big question, here... What would the Watchers do (if anything) if they were confronted by Bree or Daniel. Or even Jonas or Gemma. Of course this still all depends on which side those two are on...

My theory is that Watchers only objective is to observe (reconnaisance.) If that is the case, if they are confronted they would most likely try to escape, regroup, and report the incident; which would notify their operator of the need for assistance. One of the first rules of combat for someone performing reconnaisance is to flee, not fight.

Of course, this may not be the case with our buddies, the Watchers, here. This is just a theory.

that's all there is to say about that... say anything else and it'll make you look stupid.

I <3 SARAH!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Watchers Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
I think the watchers have received too little real scrutiny other than presence or absence from a video. Obviously, they must have an ongoing purpose other than swooping in when a rarely occurring ceremony gets botched. What do they usually do? I'm guessing ..they watch.
Yeah, that's why I thought it was strange when bree and d took off from the motel. The guys just watch the folks who are straying from the path and possess some secrets of the order. They try to make sure the secrets don't get out. That's why they're called the Watchers and not the Grabbers or the Stabbers. Bree and d were never touched, although the order had plenty of chances. They were just watched. And they continue to be watched. The order has an interest in bree being safe, (if not free). The order wants bree to choose to do the ceremony.
Not profound, but subtle difference. If there was going to be an abduction, it seems it could have already taken place.
The Watchers are everywhere. Maybe there's a camera in your bedroom, too!!

Haha after watching some of those videos I almost worry there is! Hehe, I have to remind myself its not real.
Uhm, as for them not being "grabbers" or "stabber" still, they shouldn't be being watched. Their every move is being watched. Thats not right. Not to mention her parents are missing! Who knows what their capable of if they decide that a 'secret' got out.
I think its in their best choice to stay clear of them (if even possible)
And obviously Bree and Daniel were not the only ones who thought so. I mean even Tachyons on the run.
So, needless to say, somethings not right, they shouldn't be being followed or watched these people take religion way too seriously. I mean to go as far as having a fake ceramony just because they know her friend might see, and also kidnapping/ or taking her parents. Thats insain.
Anywho, you do make good points though. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterfly wrote:

Thats a really good question. That would be interesting to see in a video.
Who knows, they may even deny everything. Thats probably what gemma's going to do about her whole 'being part of the order' stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: