Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

But... they're CANON!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chartreuse
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: But... they're CANON! Reply with quote

I looked, but did not find. If this was already posted, I'm sorry!

Anyhow, this came to light a LOT when Jonas posted footage from Tachyon's latest in his "Tough Cookies" video, and people came out of the woodwork saying "WHO'S TACHYON? HOW IS HE FILMING GEMMA?"

And yet we're told that OpAphid / Tachyon are essentially canon, right? Then why not incorporate those videos into the grand and wonderful list of videos. Number the ones that are needed for PLOT (The Gemma ones from Tachyon, the house-watching and the ransacking from Op), and leave the ARG stuff un numbered (like Gemma and Jonas' pre-canon days or whatever). That way the ARG stuff stays separate for people that don't want to get into it (the codes, the riddles, etc, etc) but they'll still get essential parts of the plot (ie: Gemma's with lucy, they're watching Daniel and Bree's houses, etc and so forth).

Again, I'm sorry if there's a thread for this already.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i completely agree Smile

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen. I hate having to hunt for Tachy's videos.

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the issue with this is that, although these videos are a part of the story, they are an optional one. People who are not particularly interested in them, already think they play too strong a role and the idea that they are optional is starting to wane. If they were listed along side all the LG videos the notion that you didn't have to watch them would be thrown out the window. I think the issue is more keeping LG viewable entirely on it's own, and not forcing OpAphid down people's throats (but this is a different, and already addressed topic)

But I can see from the point of view of OpAphid fans how it might be difficult to know when a new video comes out. Maybe they should add a second column of all their videos on the front page, or create a new page similar to the front page dedicated just to OpAphid.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully disagree with you, Terryfic. I'm not an OpA fan, and haven't watched any of those videos. But I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the amount of important plot development I feel like I'm missing by completely ignoring the ARG element. If it's important to the plot of the main LG15 storyline (like the Lucy and Gemma thing), it should be indexed on the main page. They're feeling less and less optional, and, unless you're playing the ARG, you shouldn't have to go hunting for the stuff that advances the main story. In this particular case, one of the Tach videos apparently does.

'mute

edit: I really like the idea Chartreuse had on numbering the ones that are essential to LG15 in general, and leaving the ones that are primarily for the ARG unnumbered. That does two things: it shows the ones not following the ARG what is important to the story from that part of the experience. It also makes all the ARG videos easier to find for those playing the ARG Smile

'vote 'mute in '16!
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I agree, OpAphid is becoming far more important than it was originally described to be. I do not watch OpAphid, and from what I have seen I do not intend to. The issue is more about them keeping their word about watching it is optional. Putting it on the front page would be a sign of them completely abandoning that idea, and I do not think forcing it to be required viewing will help build their audience. Enough people are confused by who Jonas is.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But OpA isn't so optional anyhow when you feel lost from not having watched the videos. OpA needs to either be required watching (at least, the relevant videos), or taken out of canon. The Creators thought they could have it both ways. It's becoming increasingly clear that they can't. They need to adapt to the situation, otherwise an increasing number of fans will start jumping ship. Chartreuse's idea seems like the best suggestion to date.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if they are going to continue down the path that OpAphid is, at times, required viewing, then I agree that Chartreuse’s idea makes sense. And if it is to be the case that some of OpAphid is not simply supplement then I think there should be an amendment to the official statement on OpAphid to that affect.

On a technical note, it would take a little bit of work to pull off Chartreuse’s idea as the widget used to automatically grab the videos gets them from the lonelygirl15 revver account, adjusting it to also grab only some of the OpAphid videos might require some ugly hacks. The simplest solution is to just post those required OpAphid videos under the LG account, but this of course breaks some of the laws of LGniverse, although no more than having Gemma, Jonas, Bree, and Daniel all post using the same account.

Last edited by Terryfic on Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't even thought of the technical issues involved. As a techy-type myself, anything's possible, though, even if it's not pretty Laughing

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to me you have to watch the tachyon videos now. i had no idea where jonas got that footage.
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play the ARG, but I really like Tachyon's vids anyway.....

They are kind of hard to find on the main page since you don't know who posted a video until you click and bring it up......Maybe just having the ability to know who posted a video (prior to clicking it) would make it easier?
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't play along, the vids are generally straighforward enough to the plot that you can just... watch and understand.

The last two Tachy videos were pretty pertinant to the plot if you ask me.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Even if you don't play along, the vids are generally straighforward enough to the plot that you can just... watch and understand.

The last two Tachy videos were pretty pertinant to the plot if you ask me.

you know the last two videos were pretty important to the plot. And I'm guessing the next one will be too, as there seems to be more to the Tachyon/Gemma Saga.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure we havent seen the last of gemma.. Razz
Watch Keeper
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the creators are working ever more closely with the ARG as time goes on. One solution is to have the Tchyon and OpA videos concerning the LG universe be posted AFTER the clues have been figured out, and the game played. Just for clarity.

I understand that the logistics of this is insane, but it may keep some happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: