Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat/Forum Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuart2004 wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:
For all the people who joined in for the first time this evening, a piece of humble advice: There is a chat room for all of this, but it isn't located on this site. The chat was established long before OpAphid became canon. For more information, check out this thread:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3170

Another helpful tip: If you haven't already caught up to the whole OpAphid story, you really should. Read the sticky threads located at the top of each OpAphid forum! You'll be very glad you did!

For all those concerned some of us cant get into the chat so we have to pretend to help by just using the forums...

or we could all use the chat room on the site...

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
stuart2004 wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:
For all the people who joined in for the first time this evening, a piece of humble advice: There is a chat room for all of this, but it isn't located on this site. The chat was established long before OpAphid became canon. For more information, check out this thread:

Another helpful tip: If you haven't already caught up to the whole OpAphid story, you really should. Read the sticky threads located at the top of each OpAphid forum! You'll be very glad you did!

For all those concerned some of us cant get into the chat so we have to pretend to help by just using the forums...

We can't...get into ... chats...

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:
stuart2004 wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

We can't...get into ... chats...

You should be able to get onto the chat room on the main site now. There isn't a reason why you shouldn't be able too, unless you have a firewall up.

I figured you all were talking about the IRC chat.

Last edited by Killthesmiley on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly...some of us are not on home computers...we are at work or school and we can't get into chats!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I'm sorry for my mistake....

either way i think you guys are right someone should be keeping track of what people come up with on the chat. Thats how we've always done it anyways. I don't like feeling like it's the forum against the chat anymore.

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
ok I'm sorry for my mistake....

either way i think you guys are right someone should be keeping track of what people come up with on the chat. Thats how we've always done it anyways. I don't like feeling like it's the forum against the chat anymore.

No problem and I totally agree!

deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my take on this tiny project:

x=o
xx=oo (confirmation of x=o)

So, take your decoder ring and match x in one ring with o in the other ring by shifting them. Now, there's two ways of doing this:

Code:
 Movies  C64FB2835D7A91E
  Ring   xtvouzwpmrnyqsl
---------|--------------
Loveline onzsymtvpqlwurx
  Ring   D61A5EF4793B8C2
         ^
         |
       match

or
Code:
 Movies  C64FB2835D7A91E
  Ring   xtvouzwpmrnyqsl
------------|-----------
Loveline wurxonzsymtvpql
  Ring   B8C2D61A5EF4793
            ^
            |
          match

So, now we can decode any letter in one ring to the corresponding letter in the other.

PS: Can we keep this thread on topic, please? Thanks!

Last edited by deagol on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if you've visited IRC you'd quickly realize it is not the braintrust of evil supergeniuses you fear and loathe.

We go on about boy problems, work misery, music, tv, movies, blah blah blah. During the drops we're first to hear becuase our drop team op is in chat but the results are posted here once they are organized into full sentances.

I think the problem is that people from the chat ARE posting over here but they aren't putting THIS ARE FROM TEH CHATZ on top of their posts to alert everyone that there is free flow of information.

People who, if they post here, should be noted as posting from the chat more often than not: (names listed off of memory sorry if it's mangled)

Shifty
Deagol
Ladron121
Luv2LuvEm
Sad_Panda
Romanceismusic
SurrealisticPill
FallingintoSin
Hag
Tiltingwindward
Dia
Mint
Jewely
MorningBelle
SparkyB
SuperRad
and others who I am forgeting who will maim me later

You'll recognize these names becuase we post here a lot.

Last edited by tigerlilylynn on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
I think that if you've visited IRC you'd quickly realize it is not the braintrust of evil supergeniuses you fear and loathe.

We go on about boy problems, work misery, music, tv, movies, blah blah blah. During the drops we're first to hear becuase our drop team op is in chat but the results are posted here once they are organized into full sentances.

I think the problem is that people from the chat ARE posting over here but they aren't putting THIS ARE FROM TEH CHATZ on top of their posts to alert everyone that there is free flow of information.

People who, if they post here, should be noted as posting from the chat more often than not: (names listed off of memory sorry if it's mangled)

Shifty
Deagol
Ladron121
Luv3LuvEm
Sad_Panda
Romanceismusic
SurrealisticPill
FallingintoSin
Hag
Tiltingwindward
Dia
Mint
Jewely
MorningBelle
SparkyB
SuperRad

oh yea I understand that tiger, don't get me wrong, there are some super people on the chat who love working with both the forum and the chat, and I understand that the drop teams are always on the chats....
I think we all just feel a little left out and ignored.

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*edited because post above is pretty much the same sentiment...we get left out and ignored, because we aren't chatters...or it's "already been discussed in chat"*

Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up!!! I can get into the chat and I'm usually just as clueless there as I am here Very Happy They start talking about base this and hex that and my eyes glaze over and I start thinking about how I need to dye my hair to cover the grey, or how I need to paint my nails again...you know, total off-topic stuff. There is stuff that we go over there that sometimes doesn't get posted, but we are usually very good about it. Lots of times if they say that we've gone over something in chat, its so that you don't spend time working on a problem the incorrect way.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

Shifty
Deagol
Ladron121
Luv3LuvEm
Sad_Panda
Romanceismusic
SurrealisticPill
FallingintoSin
Hag
Tiltingwindward
Dia
Mint
Jewely
MorningBelle
SparkyB
SuperRad

oh yea I understand that tiger, don't get me wrong, there are some super people on the chat who love working with both the forum and the chat, and I understand that the drop teams are always on the chats....
I think we all just feel a little left out and ignored.

How so?
We're posting regularly and taking in ideas from here. Ideas flow back and forth. Case in point, see Deagol's post there, he's not in the chat now and he may have independently cracked this puzzle (which I think he has). We aren't blocking anyone or ignoring their ideas. We still talk to you guys it's just the medium of the chat allows things to move faster. That isn't our fault so the animosity is misplaced.

If you just feel miffed, I get that, but if you feel hurt BY us that's misplaced, non-solvable and worthy of keeping in mind.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think you are missing the point, entirely.

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I know some times, yes I do feel a bit left out of the game because of overpowered-ness of the chat. I think it's jsut because the chat moves a lot fast then the forums so it's easier and faster for you guys to work.
But i know some people feel REALLY left out. And some people feel harrassed by SOME of the members. I'm not saying everyone...but some.

personally i'm not hurt by it. I understand that the chat tends to move faster and quicker and is probably easier for people to get work done. But sometimes, with some members (i'm sure on both sides) it really does feel like forum against chat.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: