Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Name Patterns?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Name Patterns? Reply with quote

Andrea
Bree
Cassie
Daniel[beast]

of course then we're left with Paul...

either way this seems rather interesting and unlikely to be a coincidence.

Also, note the length of the names in question:

Andrea (6)
Cassie (6)
Daniel (6)

Bree (4)
Paul (4)

This seems like it's a coincidence to me, but...

Perhaps people involved in this ceremony plot are 6's, and people who are innocent are 4's? 666? What is 44?
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely? I'd say its very likely it is a coincidence.

And its not fair throwing out Paul from your A,B,C,D pattern-noticing just because it opposes your assertion. If you use Andrea, you have to include Paul, and that destroys your noticed patern. I think science needs to prove your wrong about these dumb coincidences.

It's an interesting find, thank you for pointing it out, but its another example of looking too far into something for extra meaning.
steamywndr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.....no.

I would look for a paul/andrea connection
dave
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:

Unlikely? I'd say its very likely it is a coincidence.

Here's the problem with that: given a random selection of x names from the members of some set of names (for instance, all possible names), the odds of an alphabetical pattern emerging are almost nill.

Furthermore, I am a mathematician and a cryptographer. The reason that I noticed this trend in the first place is that it's a very common practice in my field. Cryptographic exchanges are generally described using variables, however unlike most branches of mathematics those variables tend to be a set of alphabetically ordered (or otherwise significant) names i.e., Alice, Bob, Charlie, David.

What I mean by "otherwise significant" names is as follows: when selecting a variable to represent an evesdropper, the name Eve is generally chosen -- regardless of whether we've reached variable D at that point. Further examples of this trend include skipping all the way to M for "Mal" (often a malicious attacker).

This is not to say that it is not a coincidence. It very well may be. I'm merely asserting that the likelihood of this occurring at random is 1 in 4,503,599,627,370,496 -- which I would not consider to be "very likely."

HyeMew wrote:

And its not fair throwing out Paul from your A,B,C,D pattern-noticing just because it opposes your assertion. If you use Andrea, you have to include Paul, and that destroys your noticed patern.

I whole-heartedly agree. This is why I said "Of course then we're left with Paul..."
However, it does tend to follow then general cryptographic variable-naming scheme -- if that or some similar schema is, in fact, being used in this case.

HyeMew wrote:

I think science needs to prove your wrong about these dumb coincidences.
It's an interesting find, thank you for pointing it out, but its another example of looking too far into something for extra meaning.

As a scientist (assuming that you consider mathematics a science), I suspect that the above-defended assertions are not "dumb coincidences." I will gladly say (as I already have) that the length-of-names trend that I pointed out is highly likely to be coincidence. I merely included it to perhaps aid others' research (generally the purpose of publication -- at least in my community, perhaps it is not in this one).
steamywndr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I'll give you that, but WHY? why an abc pattern? just to show there is a pattern? That seems lame.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more so, if you think about this "pattern" based on when they were introduced, you get...

Bree, (P. Monkey), Daniel, Cassie, Paul, Andrea.

I think that throws another wrench in the assertion there's a meaningful pattern here, as the names aren't even in alphabetical order. If this had been last week, we would have only had the B, C, D part of the alleged pattern, making it completely impossible.
solasura
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, i doubt the names follow a pattern.

instead, try cracking the youtube tags. im sure they mean much more than the names used in the story.

might uncover a thing or two!
dave
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steamywndr wrote:

okay, I'll give you that, but WHY? why an abc pattern? just to show there is a pattern? That seems lame.

Look into Crowley a bit more... I'd suggest reading 777 And Other Qabalistic Writings.

Crowley was all into patterns of this sort, codes, numerology, etc. If it weren't for the Crowley theme along with various hidden clues I wouldn't think such a pattern would exist in the first place.

Here's a link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Other-Qabalistic-Writings-Aleister-Crowley/dp/0877286701

HyeMew wrote:

Even more so, if you think about this "pattern" based on when they were introduced, you get...

Bree, (P. Monkey), Daniel, Cassie, Paul, Andrea.

I think that throws another wrench in the assertion there's a meaningful pattern here, as the names aren't even in alphabetical order. If this had been last week, we would have only had the B, C, D part of the alleged pattern, making it completely impossible.

So, are you saying these names couldn't have been selected by the writers prior to releasing the videos?

You'll often see a diophantine equation in the form:

b = ac + kd

Is that to say that the existance of a, b, c, and d, are merely coincidental and weren't selected in some order despite the fact that they don't necessarily APPEAR in that order in the problem?

That is clearly a fallacious argument.
maverick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice how c is between b and d.
cassie is between bree and daniel.
b is the verticle reflection of d...
as daniel is the foil of bree
foil in drama means a pair of characters that enhance eachothers personalities.

looking further into it... there are a lot of 'coincidences'
steamywndr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Crowley was all into patterns of this sort, codes, numerology, etc. If it weren't for the Crowley theme along with various hidden clues I wouldn't think such a pattern would exist in the first place.

but why? okay, so say there is an alphabet pattern. why??? The pattern for patterns' sake doesn't mean anything.

I agree, work on the tags they seem to hold more meanings.
dave
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steamywndr and solasura,

please feel free to work on the tags all you want. i've actually thought of it as well, but haven't taken the time to compile a list of all tags used correlated with the video release.

if such a list exists, i'd gladly look it over.

EDIT:

I have now compiled this list, it's located here:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2074#2074

Last edited by dave on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the names hold any significance, you can find patterns in anything if you look hard enough!
JesusLives
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
Can you decode this please, if it's something?
It is related to this but I've no way of knowing if it's relevant until it's cracked.

1*132*11*IL*SFCV*HNA D*IBUE*RJGQ*OKN*JOH* JCS*CAA
solasura
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did u get that from? hoho. looks complex.
JesusLives
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solasura wrote:
where did u get that from? hoho. looks complex.
I've been 'watching the watchers' Laughing

If after it's decrypted we find it's in any way relevant I'll post where it came from.

Last edited by JesusLives on Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: