Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PERSONAL] Light a Candle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: [PERSONAL] Light a Candle Reply with quote

This is off topic ... very off topic.

But lately you guys have become some of my closest friends and thus, I would like to confide in you.

Last night you might have noticed that I went AFK unnannounced from the chat. If you tried to get in touch with me, I apologize.

Lately (like many of us), I have been going through a lot of personal stuff. I don't like to talk about it with you guys because I don't want to burden you. One of the most upsetting aspect of my life is my best friend Mike (name changed).

Mike and I have been best friends since we were eleven. We went to grade school together, high school, and have remained very close throughout the years. Mike is the brother I never had.

About a month ago, Mike and I went to see a movie. The blood bank was there and if you gave blood you could get in the movie for free, so both Mike and I donated.

About a week later Mike got a letter saying that his blood tested positive for HIV and he needed to get tested. The test results just came back a few days ago, and they are undoubtably positive.

[[Panda Edit -- I decided on second thought, posting what happened to Mike last night in a public forum is just going to far. I really haven't slept and wasnt thinking. It's no big deal, I'd just rather not put it here, yanno?]]

Not only would I like for you to keep him in your thoughts, I would like to take a moment to encourage everyone to go here and light a virutal candle:

https://www.lighttounite.org/

For every candle lit Bristol-Meyers will donate a lifetime supply of AZT and other AIDS/HIV related medicine to one person.

I am sorry if this bummed you out .... I just felt the need to say something. I love you guys very much, and would like to encourage you to get tested if you are sexually active. Mike has sworn up and down that he always used a condom and he never had any IV drug use -- it really can happen to the most careful of people.

Anyways, if I am kinda distant and "off" for a few days, now you know why.

All my love,
Melissa (AKA Panda)

Last edited by Sad Panda on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panda, I can't imagine what you're going through. I'll go light a candle and keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my love, thoughts and hopes are with you....

I've sent out an email to my students and vendors asking them to light a candle as well and then forward the address to their friends and families. Hopefully, we will be able to make a big difference and your friend will be able to see that after a very long, dark night, there is always a dawn.

Last edited by Ziola on Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lit my candle and I'll be keeping you and your friend in my prayers. It's so hard when life throws you a curve ball like this.

Thanks for posting the Light To Unite information too. I'm going to send it on to my friends and get more candles lit.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear the news hun.

i'm already wearing my (red) outfit today, but i'll make sure if people ask why i'm wearing all (red) i'll say it's for your friend.
and I've also lit the virtual candle, and a real candle for your friend.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone knows why or how some things happen, and there are some things that everyone wishes would never happen. This is one of those things.

I am currently unable to go to the site you mentioned to light a virtual candle, but I shall light a real one, here at home, before I leave for work. I shall also urge others where I work to light one (real and virtual) as well.

Love and Peace.

(Please disregard signature for this post)

that's all there is to say about that... say anything else and it'll make you look stupid.

I <3 SARAH!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lit a candle. I'm here if you need a shoulder Panda! I did some Aids Relief work in Africa for a summer, so Aids is a cause close to my heart. I'll be sending prayers/positive thoughts towards your friend and you. He's lucky to have a friend like you in his moment of need. *Hugs*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Panda-love! i'm so sorry! i lit a candle. and i'm going to light one every time i switch my internet location. i love you, and by default i love your friend. although i don't pray. i'll give good thoughts and vibes.

if you ever need anything. you know where i am. Smile a phone call away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candle lit.
Prayers are with you.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lit a candle. You and your friend are included in my prayers.

Your concern for your friend is touching, and I hope he receives the best available care and treatment.
shifty
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lit a candle, in addition to my mom, step dad, sister, and best friend.
I LOVE YOU HUN!

<3Romy
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Romy's bulletin on myspace about it, and I lit a candle. I'm sending it on to my family.
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I had promised earlier, I went and lit one of the virtual candles. In addition, I've contributed to the National AIDS Fund.

Many of my coworkers had said that they would light a candle as well. I hope they, too will contribute to the AIDS Fund.

I have not had a friend die of AIDS, and I would not want to see that happen.

(once again, disregard the signature at the end for these posts)

that's all there is to say about that... say anything else and it'll make you look stupid.

I <3 SARAH!!!
stuart2004
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Panda............just remember everything happens for a reason.....you may never understand it ................you may hate it for ever ....but there is a reason that this happened (even if its just the cosmos being a dick<<<thats a reason too)......hopefully people will learn from this and who knows how many ppl YOU have helped just by posting this............. and hey I am in the medical field and you wouldnt believe the advances that they make everyday ........so just keep your chin up

antagonist of the LG Defense Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: