Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BREE, ****READ THIS BEFORE MAKING ANY PHONE CALLS!****

View previous topic :: View next topic  
butterfly
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: BREE, ****READ THIS BEFORE MAKING ANY PHONE CALLS!**** Reply with quote

Bree, you need to be careful if you are going to make phone calls from your current location to look for your parents. It would be very easy for someone to trace your call.

Here's a tip: Dial *67 before dialing any number. It will mask the telephone number you're calling from, and "Private" will show up on the called parties' caller ID's and phone records.

OR, Get a VOIP phone service at Jonas' house. It's easy and you can choose any area code for your phone number. You can make it look like you're calling from Kalamazoo...
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a great idea, butterfly! Wink
kneeleigh
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like she took your advice.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kneeleigh wrote:
???? how so
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
kneeleigh wrote:
???? how so

I think they mean the *67 part since Bree mentioned it.
butterfly
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Bree. At least the people you are calling won't be able to figure out where you are calling from. Glad you took my advice Smile

Good luck in finding your parents.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterfly wrote:
Great job, Bree. At least the people you are calling won't be able to figure out where you are calling from. Glad you took my advice Smile

Good luck in finding your parents.

This isn't true! She is going to be in danger. Easily when a private number calls you, you can call your phone company and request to know who dialed that number. They can send you your bill or look it up themselves...and they can find the number that was blocked!

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
This isn't true! She is going to be in danger. Easily when a private number calls you, you can call your phone company and request to know who dialed that number. They can send you your bill or look it up themselves...and they can find the number that was blocked!

Bree, this is somewhat true. Requesting this information usually requires a court order though. If The Order has a judge in their pocket, or someone at the phone company who processes these requests, then you are already in danger. Even if not, if anyone that you called has Automatic Number Identification on their lines, then they already have you. Dialing out from a static location is always risky. Let's hope that The Order has overlooked this.

In the future, only make calls from random pay phones that are not near your location. Never use the same phone twice, and don't leave the phones in too large an area unused. This lack of data in itself could be data.

Alternatively, stock up on disposable cell phones. Never use more than the minutes that comes with it. And again, never use too near to your location and always dispose of the phone after a single call.

Do not rely on VoIP. Skype can be tracked even more easily than traditional phone lines, regardless of what some others might claim. Also, go back to using Internet Cafes to post your videos. You are not anonymous on the Internet without great effort.

Be safe out there. I hope I haven't put you in any more danger than you already are, because there are some that do not want this knowledge to be out there. Trust no one, not even Daniel or even your stuffed friends.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
nobackspacebutton wrote:

Bree, this is somewhat true. Requesting this information usually requires a court order though. If The Order has a judge in their pocket, or someone at the phone company who processes these requests, then you are already in danger. Even if not, if anyone that you called has Automatic Number Identification on their lines, then they already have you. Dialing out from a static location is always risky. Let's hope that The Order has overlooked this.

In the future, only make calls from random pay phones that are not near your location. Never use the same phone twice, and don't leave the phones in too large an area unused. This lack of data in itself could be data.

Alternatively, stock up on disposable cell phones. Never use more than the minutes that comes with it. And again, never use too near to your location and always dispose of the phone after a single call.

Do not rely on VoIP. Skype can be tracked even more easily than traditional phone lines, regardless of what some others might claim. Also, go back to using Internet Cafes to post your videos. You are not anonymous on the Internet without great effort.

Be safe out there. I hope I haven't put you in any more danger than you already are, because there are some that do not want this knowledge to be out there. Trust no one, not even Daniel or even your stuffed friends.

'mute

You've been reading the Mafia forums, haven't you? This is great advice - especially the use of disposable cell phones - just like La Cosa Nostra.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
You've been reading the Mafia forums, haven't you? This is great advice - especially the use of disposable cell phones - just like La Cosa Nostra.

Actually, no. But I'm old enough to remember what a blue box is and how it was used Wink

'mute

edit: Oh yeah, plus I had a good portion of the core classes for a law enforcement degree under my belt before I changed majors Very Happy

'vote 'mute in '16!
kneeleigh
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Skydive wrote:
thejyav wrote:
kneeleigh wrote:
???? how so

I think they mean the *67 part since Bree mentioned it.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: