Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Voicemail] New VM System
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: [Voicemail] New VM System Reply with quote

I'm not really sure where this belongs in the whole OpA/Tach arc thing, but I'm going to post it here for now.

In the newest Bree video "Bree Phones Home," Bree makes a call to her "great uncle Franklin," but gets only a dry cleaner's voicemail. She talks out loud as she dials, and we get this number (with 415 as the area code for San Francisco): 287-0211. Listening to the message, we hear a lot of numbers disguised as numbers of shirts and the time it will take to clean them, which gives us this: 7953589312. This is NOT a phone number, but by reversing it, we get this, which is: 213-985-3597.

The message appears to be from Bree's father, or someone pretending to be Bree's father, and can be found here:

http://www.acidfingers.com/music/bree_dad.mp3
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for putting that file up. That's pretty cool how they've added a bit of the ARG elements into the main vlogs. Maybe a sign that we'll see more overlap between Op/Tach and the main series?
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I would just like to say that #operationaphid is teh sex for finding said VM in about thirty seconds.

Seriously, we should work for the FBI.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
And I would just like to say that #operationaphid is teh sex for finding said VM in about thirty seconds.

Seriously, we should work for the FBI.

Yeah, no kidding. You guys are getting way too much experience out of this for some secretive agency not to contact you at some point.
Dream
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously guys, you're amazing! We comment board people haven't even really watched the video and you have already solved the puzzle... I'm stunned. The FBI is nothing aganist you!
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just left a message on both vms.. Bree's dad sounds a lot like Brother to me.

Team OpAphid

"Never interrupt a voodoo doctor."
"When forging a letter to nab a perp, be sure to use grammar and spelling appropriate to the education level of the person you're impersonating."
pnktinkerbell21
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the numbers. Quite interesting. I lost part of the message however... Maybe I'll try calling it again to see if I can hear it better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
krig
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: New VM System Reply with quote

RE: info from the message from Bree's dad

Jared Diamond

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Diamond

http://149.142.237.180/faculty/diamond.htm

I am not sure which Feinman he is talking about yet, but if it is Gary Feinman, my archaeological expertise may come in handy after all!
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my attempt at getting down the dialogue from the vms:

Phone number 1 (415-287-0211):
Hello and thank you for calling [Powell's?] Dry Cleaners. We are open 7 days a week from 9 am until 5 pm. Our current specials are as follows: Dress shirts 3 for $5 with an 8-9 day turn around time. We also offer wash service at a rate of 3 shirts for $12. Please leave a message after the tone and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Phone number 2 (213-985-3597):
Bree, it's your father. If you are listening to this message, you managed to crack my code. Your mother and i are safe but i need to talk to you alone. Confirm that you got this by sending me a secret message back. i'll meet you one week after that at the place where we used to talk about [Feynman] and jared diamond. I know you're confused right now. It'll all make sense after we talk. I'll see you soon sweetie.

Edit: I dont know if he said simon or feinman. Maybe someone else can hear it clearer?

Edit: Changed Simon to Feynman

Last edited by windsong on Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
dynamite_0177
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: WOW! Reply with quote

Thanks so much for cracking Idea the code!!
The FBI seriously has nothing on you.
lol...i love lg15

Laughing Very Happy Laughing
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree said before that Cassie didn't like her religion and stopped coming around after awhile. This phone story adds another layer to that, but it doesn't contradict it.

Maybe Cassie didn't like Bree's religion after Bree's mom put a healthy does of fear into her the next time she came over?

Ooh... now I am seeing those OpAphid videos in a new light. If they got involved, Cassie would be pretty freaked out by Bree's religion! Laughing
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And regarding the Cassie mention:

I think it's The Creators way of giving us CiW followers some kind of closure.

What that means is that in the Breeniverse, CiW was an extension of Cassie's prank calls. Cassie liked to mess with people, and she started using YouTube, probably once she saw Bree on there, as a means to get back at Bree a little (and mess with us, Bree's newfound friends).

CiW ended when Cassie went too far, got bored, or realized we knew Bree was okay post October 12th.

But the awesome part of this is that whatever we thought we knew about Cassie is 100% null and void.

All we knew was what she wanted us to see to mess with us.

For all we know, she is a normal, girl next door with a hidden dark side.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, though...that was a basic puzzle for the ARG players, although I'm not so sure The Creators figured on it being cracked in less than a minute. It only took a keen ear to note that the dry cleaner's message was "off" somehow.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that was a little too easy... anyone think of that?? so i wonder what the secret message was the bree is supposed to send back to him, and where this place and time is?

I also wonder...is it just a traap from good ol' Op

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I guess Bree's dad over estimated her intelligence just a tad. Has anyone emailed Bree yet to make her aware of this? I agree Bree's dad sounds a lot like Brother. I think this is Tach's latest plan to get in touch with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: