Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little Too Much
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
charliebrown
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 1407
Location: With Spencer Gilman <3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rly like this forum i have made a few friends and i enjoy discussing lonelygirl. Personally I didn't enjoy lurking and I don't want to leave this forum.
_________________
Co-President Of Spencer Gilman's Fan Club
Play with a ball...and sing.
Hi, I'm Charlie and a girl!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Beckers
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 1131

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the f work in the q section. Embarassed

*slaps own hand*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 1484
Location: Stalked by Flautapantera.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of People get a little inappropriate on the forum and Chat also LGpedia.. I admit im one of those people at times..

But seeing 13 or older get on here we gotta watch ourselves if not it will be blocked from public places because it will violate CIPA

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cipa.html
_________________
Long live LG15.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Beckers
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 1131

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's immpossible to control what is posted anywhere on the net really.
But here it's just a matter of respect and responsibility. We need to make all fans comfortable to participate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 1484
Location: Stalked by Flautapantera.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iris2009 wrote:
Alot of People get a little inappropriate on the forum and Chat also LGpedia.. I admit im one of those people at times..

But seeing 13 or older get on here we gotta watch ourselves if not it will be blocked from public places because it will violate CIPA

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cipa.html



Beckers wrote:
It's immpossible to control what is posted anywhere on the net really.
But here it's just a matter of respect and responsibility. We need to make all fans comfortable to participate.



I agree On that but thats why there are Mods and admins on places like these to make sure PG is what it is.
_________________
Long live LG15.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 408

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really haven't seen anything that inappropriate on the forums, certainly nothing worse than what you can see even on basic cable.....

No matter how clean the forum or chat (or well moderated), on occasion there will be people who write/post things that are inappropriate and sometimes downright obscene..... its one of the many dangers of the internet ....(not to mention the danger of internet predators) and thats why when my daughter gets old enough to use the internet, she probably won't even be allowed to use chats and forums (and many other sites), especially when I'm not around.

Also the term "PG" means "Parental Guidance" is suggested (which I'm sure you knew Smile ). Its not the same as a G rating.


Last edited by Way2Curious on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 1484
Location: Stalked by Flautapantera.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iris2009 wrote:
Iris2009 wrote:
Alot of People get a little inappropriate on the forum and Chat also LGpedia.. I admit im one of those people at times..

But seeing 13 or older get on here we gotta watch ourselves if not it will be blocked from public places because it will violate CIPA

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cipa.html



Beckers wrote:
It's immpossible to control what is posted anywhere on the net really.
But here it's just a matter of respect and responsibility. We need to make all fans comfortable to participate.



I agree On that but thats why there are Mods and admins on places like these to make sure PG is what it is.


Way2Curious wrote:
I really haven't seen anything that inappropriate on the forums, certainly nothing worse than what you can see even on basic cable.....

No matter how clean the forum or chat (or well moderated), on occasion there will be people who write/post things that are inappropriate and sometimes downright obscene..... its one of the many dangers of the internet ....(not to mention the danger of internet predators) and thats why when my daughter gets old enough to use the internet, she probably won't even be allowed to use chats and forums (and many other sites), especially when I'm not around.


I agree but we can always improve the forum, by making it safe for everone instead of just giving up.
_________________
Long live LG15.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 408

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iris2009 wrote:
Iris2009 wrote:
Iris2009 wrote:
Alot of People get a little inappropriate on the forum and Chat also LGpedia.. I admit im one of those people at times..

But seeing 13 or older get on here we gotta watch ourselves if not it will be blocked from public places because it will violate CIPA

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cipa.html



Beckers wrote:
It's immpossible to control what is posted anywhere on the net really.
But here it's just a matter of respect and responsibility. We need to make all fans comfortable to participate.



I agree On that but thats why there are Mods and admins on places like these to make sure PG is what it is.


Way2Curious wrote:
I really haven't seen anything that inappropriate on the forums, certainly nothing worse than what you can see even on basic cable.....

No matter how clean the forum or chat (or well moderated), on occasion there will be people who write/post things that are inappropriate and sometimes downright obscene..... its one of the many dangers of the internet ....(not to mention the danger of internet predators) and thats why when my daughter gets old enough to use the internet, she probably won't even be allowed to use chats and forums (and many other sites), especially when I'm not around.


I agree but we can always improve the forum, by making it safe for everone instead of just giving up.


I'm not saying to give up. Thats not what I meant... Smile I don't think anyone is giving up, I'm just saying that the nature of what people post on the internet is uncontrollable...you can usually only fix the problem once its happened (such as deleting an offensive comment).

This forum is one of the most pleasant I have ever seen, believe it or not.
Most people here get along, the mods are good, and I haven't seen anything truly inappropriate since the penis pictures posted from Second Life..... which a mod quickly handled. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beckers
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 1131

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iris2009 wrote:



Beckers wrote:
It's immpossible to control what is posted anywhere on the net really.
But here it's just a matter of respect and responsibility. We need to make all fans comfortable to participate.



I agree On that but thats why there are Mods and admins on places like these to make sure PG is what it is.

totally true
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beckers
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 1131

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way2Curious wrote:


I'm not saying to give up. Thats not what I meant... Smile I don't think anyone is giving up, I'm just saying that the nature of what people post on the internet is uncontrollable...you can usually only fix the problem once its happened (such as deleting an offensive comment).

This forum is one of the most pleasant I have ever seen, believe it or not.
Most people here get along, the mods are good, and I haven't seen anything truly inappropriate since the penis pictures posted from Second Life..... which a mod quickly handled. Smile


Wow...porn? makes me wonder what makes them think it's okay to post something here like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charliebrown
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 1407
Location: With Spencer Gilman <3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont wanna have to leave this forum! I mean when you sign up it makes sure that your are 13 and up!
_________________
Co-President Of Spencer Gilman's Fan Club
Play with a ball...and sing.
Hi, I'm Charlie and a girl!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Beckers
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 1131

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charliebrown wrote:
i dont wanna have to leave this forum! I mean when you sign up it makes sure that your are 13 and up!

I don't want you to have to leave!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charliebrown
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 1407
Location: With Spencer Gilman <3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckers wrote:
charliebrown wrote:
i dont wanna have to leave this forum! I mean when you sign up it makes sure that your are 13 and up!

I don't want you to have to leave!


aww thanks! Smile
_________________
Co-President Of Spencer Gilman's Fan Club
Play with a ball...and sing.
Hi, I'm Charlie and a girl!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Beckers
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 1131

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most ppl will read this thread and realize they need to be diligent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meso293
Suspiciously Absent


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 20
Location: Bethlehem

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: well Reply with quote

[quote=\"Iris2009\"]Alot of People get a little inappropriate on the forum and Chat also LGpedia.. I admit im one of those people at times..

But seeing 13 or older get on here we gotta watch ourselves if not it will be blocked from public places because it will violate CIPA

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cipa.html[/quote]

I\'ve been browsing the forum and have not ventured into the chat area yet, but I think the more logical approach would be to restrict the age limit to 18. Lonely teenagers disconnected from parents and living with each other before marriage does not sound like a show you should be watching without some type of parental supervision. It would probably clear up any confusion with forum browsers and would make the moderators\' jobs much easier.

Talk to your parents about this. My mom worked for a church and was a devout Christian, but she took me to my first R-rated movie when I was about your age. She realized that I couldn\'t be protected from everything and that I would probably watch these types of movies with friends. She had the foresight to teach me early that what happens on screen is not reality. She always told me that knowing the difference between reality and fiction was the most important concept.

\"Thus would I bring back to their senses the house of Israel, who have become estranged from me through all their idols.\" Ezekiel 14:5


Last edited by meso293 on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP