Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OTHER PICTURE IN HER ROOM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taintedlover
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: OTHER PICTURE IN HER ROOM Reply with quote

ok while everyone seems to be focusing on the picture by the candles, no one has mentioned the picture on the back wall (it was next to the napoleon dynamite poster in one episode)

theres even one video when you get a closer look at it because the camera is on the bed and it is of two people, in white pointy hooded robes of some sort. they seem to be outside at night. before i read about the whole crowley theory i just want to say that i thought she might have been part of the KKK or something. or some other type of cult that wears white robes like that.

do thelemites wear those robes?
The laughing Man
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: looks like a house to me Reply with quote

you get pretty close to it in the cookie episode

it looks like a picture of a house to me but i have bad eyesite so /shrug
maverick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a picture of a house... there are behind the scenes pictures where it is clearer.
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the painting Second Story Sunlight by Edward Hopper - http://www.artcyclopedia.com/masterscans/l38.html
taintedlover
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhh i see! thanks so much. well that cleared things up. from far away i hope you could see how i thought those were people in robes. thanks mr./miss
terryfic
Plurp
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the commentary on that link:

"It's typical of Hopper to treat even a scene of a young girl sunbathing in a stark and joyless manner. Even though they are sharing the day together, the differences in age, dress and activity between the two women suggest a disconnection between them."
ViolinAddict
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plurp wrote:
From the commentary on that link:

"It's typical of Hopper to treat even a scene of a young girl sunbathing in a stark and joyless manner. Even though they are sharing the day together, the differences in age, dress and activity between the two women suggest a disconnection between them."

What do you think that signifies?
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward Hopper was best remembered for his eerily realistic depictions of solitude in contemporary American life. I believe it is just for atmosphere
ViolinAddict
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... that's what I got from it also. I didn't know if you were picking up something else.
Dena81
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that in one of the videos the pic was at first a picture of Satan before it became Crowley...I really need to find that..regarding the picture by the candles...as for the back wall...I need to look at that too...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
toomuchtime
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this other pic needs to be dicussed more. I doubt it was put there by accident.

One thing I was pondering was this: the painting is titled Second Story Sunlight by Edward Hooper. I'm imagining Bree's bedroom is on the second story. Could she represent sunlight? I was playing around with the idea of Order of the Golden Dawn as her religion... sunlight... dawn... but from what I've read it seems that Golden Dawn is more about magic/mysticism than religion.

Any thoughts?
jbrooks747
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think this other pic needs to be dicussed more. I doubt it was put there by accident.

One thing I was pondering was this: the painting is titled Second Story Sunlight by Edward Hooper. I'm imagining Bree's bedroom is on the second story. Could she represent sunlight? I was playing around with the idea of Order of the Golden Dawn as her religion... sunlight... dawn... but from what I've read it seems that Golden Dawn is more about magic/mysticism than religion.

Any thoughts?

uhh...i think you're reading too much into the picture..
toomuchtime
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbrooks747 wrote:
Quote:

Any thoughts?

uhh...i think you're reading too much into the picture..

Maybe. But if I learned anything in college as an English major, it was that writers don't just put things in their works for the hell of it. The same likely applies here. The Crowley pic had enormous significance. Why wouldn't the other painting, which is even more in the view of the camera?
cymatic
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toomuchtime wrote:
Maybe. But if I learned anything in college as an English major, it was that writers don't just put things in their works for the hell of it. The same likely applies here. The Crowley pic had enormous significance. Why wouldn't the other painting, which is even more in the view of the camera?

Well, Bree's room is on the second story, and (before the reveal) her remarkably flattering lighting was supposed to have been from sunlight streaming in from the big window in her room. Maybe it was just a little joke.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought it had something to do with solitude or loneliness. There was another thread about that...somewhere. It's so hard to keep track of the threads on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: