Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FFIIIIIIRsTTTTT!!!11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iris2009 wrote:
iamcool wrote:
FIRST to say this thread is lame Wink

just ignore them, they arent going to go away

Agreed

Me too. I didn't think anyone even read the comments there anyway.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Milowent, you are truly a voice of reason. My new favorite fan-creator ApotheosisAZ made a parody of this "first-saying." I figure I'd post it here to lighten the dark mood of this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T09pjv7msX0

thanks, gogo. i saw that AZ parody a few days ago, i got a good chuckle out of it.

Quote:
The "loudest" comments and the most abundant commentors seem to hold sway regardless of substance.

This is so very true. It reminds me of the heyday of cassieiswatching - this forum was 2/3rds posts about CIW, giving one the impression that CIW was even more popular than bree. but in fact, the ciw videos on youtube were much less popular than the lg15 videos of that same period in terms of views. the fact that a bunch of cassie fans congregated here to enjoy that offshoot did not mean that the viewership of lg15 at large preferred CIW or likes ARGs at all. if we could do a semi-legitimate poll, i am sure we'd find that many more people detest FIRST! (especially at the level it has now reached) than enjoy it. which group are the mods in? i don't know.

Quote:
It just gets trying if one really wants to discuss the storyline (as it has been improving).

Is that still allowed? Smile I am enjoying the recent improvements, too.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is that still allowed?

Honestly, Milowent, sometimes I don't think so. Crying or Very sad
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different comments than that?
ha they annoy me too much to read the tens of posts either saying first, retracting their first, or arguing because they werent first.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: meep Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh kristenjane, I was in such a foul mood, but now I am refreshed and happy. And your comment's sweetness and sincerity pushed aside all my negativity. I don't mean to go off topic, but it would be amusing if the whole front comment page consisted of people just saying fiiirst1111!!!! (and in your words) "retracting their first, or arguing because they werent first." teehee

*clears throat, straightens up and flies right and goes back On Topic"

Yes, first-saying can be quite challenging to some non-first-sayers. I dare say that some folks, like me, might even be too intimidated by this behavior to venture onto the front comment page. I would be afraid that any comment I shared would be forever lost in a frantic sea of firsts and meeps...

The front page does seem to have developed its own culture, however, so I will try to do my best to be understanding and search the depths of my soul for acceptance (or at least tolerance). I guess it's better to have those who enjoy the practice of first-saying and meeping to have an outlet on the front page on which to do so, rather than to clog up the forum with said first-saying and meeping.

(Yes, I am quite aware that my own crappy posts often clog up this forum. Not talking However, my posts are usually quite long, impeccably spell-checked and often time at least have the appearance of containing substantial ideas and rich detail in every long-ass, wordy sentence.)
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Last edited by gogo on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
breewithcrackers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the vid, gogo Smile
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Firsters puzzle me with their blatant stupidity and oafishness. Certainly a rather bizarre LG sub-culture.

I wonder if they act that way in public or if they feel the need to act like morons on the main page just to get it our of their systems.

I just can't envision anyone in line at the local doughnut shop screaming "Firrrrrst" every morning. Maybe they do, thank goodness I eat bananas for breakfast and don't have to endure such unpleasantness.

I agree, it does slow down page load time. Pretty pathetic way to seek attention...
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just can't envision anyone in line at the local doughnut shop screaming "Firrrrrst" every morning.
Very Happy

Um, I used to constantly holler first in public on a daily basis. At the gas station, the nail salon, my local green grocer, when picking my children up from school, at the doctor's office, especially at church, and of course at the library.

You don't even want to imagine the commotion when I was actually first in line...

I just don't do it on the main page. As somewhat of a trend-setting hipster, I feel that it has simply gone out of style. (it's so 2006)
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Milowent, you are truly a voice of reason. My new favorite fan-creator ApotheosisAZ made a parody of this "first-saying." I figure I'd post it here to lighten the dark mood of this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T09pjv7msX0

WOO HOO! I'm gogo's new fave!

*does the "I'm gogo's new fave" dance*
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: meep Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Quote:
Oh kristenjane, I was in such a foul mood, but now I am refreshed and happy. And your comment's sweetness and sincerity pushed aside all my negativity. I don't mean to go off topic, but it would be amusing if the whole front comment page consisted of people just saying fiiirst1111!!!! (and in your words) "retracting their first, or arguing because they werent first." teehee

You made me smile.
And laugh...
achenar
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeaaah.

Basically? It happens everywhere. It's certainly not unique to YouTube and subcultures. And, unfortunately, short of disabling front-page comments altogether, there's nothing that could be done short of employing ten or more people full time to delete the damned things.

Just a thought - presumably the front page comments are more to show the community's existence and in part their discussions, rather than for basic observations to be made.

So perhaps replace those comments with links to related forum posts - the most recent active threads in particular forums, perhaps.

Because you're right, the FIRSTers aren't going to be bothered with logging in and finding a thread to post in - too much effort for a potential two milliseconds of faux-fame.

No, I'm not very nice.
General Firstsayer
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: FIRST! Saying Reply with quote

Dearest Forum Community Members,

I understand the concern and anguish you feel at observing the phenomenon that is FIIRRSTTT!1!!11 Saying while not understanding the motivations that lie behind the practice. Discomfort abounds where understanding is limited. Imagine a visitor with no knowledge of Christianity observing the Eucharist--not understanding the reasons underlying the ritual, they would surely be appalled by the seemingly cannibalistic practice!

FIRSSTTTT!11!11, if I may be so bold as to suggest visiting my website at www.geocities.com/General_Firstsayer/ to better understand. But to show my respect for your chosen medium, I will also attempt to give a FFIRRSSTT!11 Saying primer in this thread:

FIRSTT!1! Saying began as a simple exclamation of the joy of actually being first. But in that exclamation, we uncovered an even deeper, esoteric joy. Attempting to realize that joy and discover its source, pioneering FIRSTSSTTTT!!!111!11 Sayers began crying out FFFIRIRRRSSTTT!!11 even when they were, in fact, not first!

We say FFFIIRIRSSSSTTT!!1!1!111 because in so doing we reach the highest level of our self-realization!

In saying FFFIIRSSSTTTT!1!11 we are proclaiming the fundamental "1-ness," the ultimate unity, of all existence--we realize the Brahman-Atman Identity in the flash of an instant!!!

The root of life's pain lies in our all too human inability to understand the fundamental unity of all things--in our mistaken belief that we are somehow separate, distinct individuals from all that is. The enemies of FFIRRRSTSTTT!1!1 Saying often display a peculiar vicious ferocity in their attacks upon our community, indicating that they may indeed be experiencing such pain.

Thus I exhort you join us! Cry FFFIIIRSSTTT!!1!1 with all the heart you can muster! If you feel shy in the environment of the phorum, try posting FFFFIIRRRSSTTTT!!1!11 on the comments page, where the atmosphere is both understanding and encouraging!

Heed not the desperations of the enemy!!!

Soldiers----Let the cries of FFFIIIIRRRRSSSTTTTT!!!!111!11!111 ring into the night!!!

FFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRSSSSSTTTTTTTT!!!!!1!!!1!171!1!!11111
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what an odd post

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Firstsayer wrote:
Dearest Forum Community Members,

I understand the concern and anguish you feel at observing the phenomenon that is FIIRRSTTT!1!!11 Saying while not understanding the motivations that lie behind the practice. Discomfort abounds where understanding is limited. Imagine a visitor with no knowledge of Christianity observing the Eucharist--not understanding the reasons underlying the ritual, they would surely be appalled by the seemingly cannibalistic practice! ...
I have opened my heart to those who seek to express themselves through first-saying and meeping. Although this practice is not for me, I will refrain from any needless chiding of those who do wish to engage in this controversial form of discourse. I realize that some of my sarcastic comments in this thread demostrate a cold, heartless world view (albeit amusing at times). I choose to be a peace-maker.

Go on with your bad selves.

Sincerely,
etc., etc.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo "Blessed are the peacemakers". You are the better person. IT is a beautiful thing to tolerate that which you do not understand and those who are true buttheads.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: