Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FFIIIIIIRsTTTTT!!!11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SapereAudeo
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To summarize that which has already been said:

The 'FIIIIIRST11!!1" and other similar comments are not for the sole purpose of saying that you're first. They are the symbols of a different community, and whether or not you like them, they deserve to be respected.

Continuing this argument does nothing other than foster ill will among everyone.

/long-time lurker in the forums AND the video comments
lonelycrackerjack
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsong wrote:

I guess I really don't care if they are there or not, I don't read those messages anyway. I much prefer the forum for such things. But I thought it would be the best solution to appease both the firsters and the anti-firsters.
Can't we all be friends? Mr. Green

Well, we can all be friends, but friends don't always have to agree on every topic. On any given topic there can be one friend who is the winner and one friend who is the loser.

There is a thing going around that compromise is always the best solution, and compromise makes it so everyone can be happy with the outcome. That sounds good in elementary school, but enough years of the real world shows that compromise just makes everyone unhappy and it keeps the fight going.

If we went the compromise plan, where the first FIRST could stay and the following FIRST's got deleted, with every deletion you create a pissed-off-person, (P-O-P).

The fight then starts to grow. The first P-O-P is mad because his FIRST comment was deleted for being stupid. Then he looks at other comments. He sees "Yah!!! New Vid!!!", he sees "WOW!!!", he sees "Beast I Luv U!!!!" and he says wait a minute. If my stupid comment got deleted, then what about all the other stupid comments?

As he gives examples of other stupid comments, he creates more and more P-O-P's These 30 or 40 P-O-P's go screaming to the other commenters about how the Forumer's attacks are growing to where censers will be going through all the comments and weeding out everything they consider stupid.

Now there are close to a thousand P-O-P's. Many of them don't really know what the Forum is, but they know they don't like it and they know they're pissed at them.

The P-O-P's come swarming over to the Forum and descend on every thread, Meep..Meeping as they go. They wave swords and battle axes at the natives. Copies of the Declaration of WAR are posted at every thread. P-O-P's become squatters on every thread and totally take over. Forum people leave to see if SamHas7Friends.com is still running their mystery. With the departure of the Forum people - peace is restored.

On the other hand, if the commenters just say, "We will be saying FIRST any time we want, and if you don't like it that's TUFF". The commenters will be happy and the Formers will realize that they can't do anything to change the situation, so they will go on to other things and peace will reign over the Breeniverse.
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
I thought it appropriate to point out that the firstsayers have a thread here in the forum set up now, and that they have been controlling themselves rather well for the last few videos.

Nevertheless, I must also point out the fact that I have also done a little meeping and firstsaying. I may be biased.

And the suggestion that some of the firstsayers' posts be deleted isn't going to work: that would be the equivalent of telling those fans to leave. Are The Creators going to do that? Of course they aren't.

i agree with you - i'm glad a thread has been set up...I have been doing a little meeping myself over the past few days and have enjoyed getting to know eveyone involved with LG Wink
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

betz28 wrote:
I have been doing a little meeping myself

*gasp* I'm not sure that sounds PG-13! Wink
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I having deja vu? Didn't we just trudge through all this?

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: FIRST! Saying Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Those who don't spend much time on the comments page don't realize who this is that has just spoken.

General Firstsayer is the commander and chief among the loyal and brave firstsayers, he is their inspiration and motivation, leading them forward to evermore illustrious battles!

*salutes the general*
Meep

Oh, so it's his fault.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: FIRST! Saying Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
robtomorrow wrote:
Those who don't spend much time on the comments page don't realize who this is that has just spoken.

General Firstsayer is the commander and chief among the loyal and brave firstsayers, he is their inspiration and motivation, leading them forward to evermore illustrious battles!

*salutes the general*
Meep

Oh, so it's his fault.

That is the weirdest cult I've ever heard of. Confused
krig
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Kasdeja. I thought that we had already been through this.

The comments numbers have been significantly reduced and many commenters have been using the forum. Most of you say that you don't read the comments anyway, so.....

lonelycrackerjack wrote:

Now there are close to a thousand P-O-P's. Many of them don't really know what the Forum is, but they know they don't like it and they know they're pissed at them.

Jack, this is the funniest explanation I have ever seen of what could possibly happen. I didn't want to quote it all, but everyone, regardless of their viewpoint, should go read it!

Please everyone, don't let the P-O-Ps take over!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's a P-O-P? Shocked

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissed-Off Person. I was trying to find the original quote it's from, but I'm lazy.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, o.k.

I dunno, I guess this issue doesn't bother me. I never even scroll down enough to see the comments. I think at one time it annoyed me...but I got over it. I guess...just make people's profiles customizable to where if they want to they can not see the video comments. No harm no foul for anyone, then.

krig
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I guess...just make people's profiles customizable to where if they want to they can not see the video comments. No harm no foul for anyone, then.

This is a great idea! I haven't seen this one yet! I know this still wouldn't necessarily have any effect on the loading time, but that has most likely been resolved by the new server upgrades and will be improved by the forthcoming IT team.

But at least this option would allow people to specify whether they want to see 10, 100, all or no comments. Kasdeja, you should PM the Creators with that.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had put that one into the last thread, but it got lost in the clutter I think, lol.

I'll bat my eyelashes at BK.

Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I'll bat my eyelashes at BK.

Embarassed You know I can't resist ya, kas! Smile But my power ends at the forum. I do know Miles (and most likely others) reads this forum (Concern and Complaints) for ideas and suggestions and issues! Or feel free to PM The Creators! Very Happy
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to get you to say something to them, lol. Nobody much listens to me. Laughing Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: