Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why are we still on I?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyelendi wrote:
What does the rest of it stand for again?

shifty wrote:
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=OpAphid#Full_Solution_Thus_Far:

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
lonelyelendi
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
lonelyelendi wrote:
What does the rest of it stand for again?

shifty wrote:
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=OpAphid#Full_Solution_Thus_Far:

thanks!
<marlasinger> i'll rape you!
<marlasinger> i mean
<marlasinger> damnit marla be smooth
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone want to think that D means Destroy..

But I still think Deceive would be a better choice.

^_^ It fits more...especially if Gemma is on the good side but she is being set up...or if someone is lying.

And its not as dark as Destroy.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive the letters are a succession of sorts. If you look at the letters:

A = Analysis (Analyze)
P = Protect
H = Hinder
I = Infiltrate
D = Destroy

This my hypothesis on this flow of succession...
The first step (as mentioned in the LGPedia) is to analzye[/i]. Of course, after that, you have to [u]protect your findings, as well as yourself and those who withold the information gathered.

Not much is said about hinder in the LGPedia, and I haven't really been able to find much in the forums (or its archives) about it, either.
The only thing I can come up with that goes with my hypothesis is that you hinder the movements of your enemy. Therefore strengthening the previous aspect, protecting the things important in your mission.

After analyzing your information thoroughly and setting up a battle plan or course of action, it is now time to infiltrate your target. Doing so is imperative to accomplishing the mission. It also makes things easier because you then have an operative who can work from the inside, or has a view from within or near the target.

The final step is to accomplish your goal. In this case it would seem to be the destruction of something... to destroy something. Doesn't mean it has to be something big or elaborate.

Some have theorized that "D" stands for decieve... Deception would not be a final step, rather it would most likely strengthen "P" a bit more. When I think of deception, I'm thinking of drawing things out longer. That doesn't lead to completion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this might be the first example of a thread jack that actually brought a thread on topic. Isn't it ironic (don'tcha think)?

I know you kiddies hate it when I do this, but this is becoming Meta-y. We're keeping the Story Arch forums for gameplay and puzzle solving and all that good stuff. So, this beyotch is being moved to the Gen. Discussion.

Please keep hands inside the thread at all times during the duration of our trip.
wh_pirate
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
The final step is to accomplish your goal. In this case it would seem to be the destruction of something... to destroy something. Doesn't mean it has to be something big or elaborate.

It also doesn't have to be human either.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
Please keep hands inside the thread at all times during the duration of our trip.

This is why I love you hun <3
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wh_pirate wrote:
kageyuki wrote:

It also doesn't have to be human either.

Exactly! Then again, I hadn't specified if the target in question had to be animate or inanimate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
I belive the letters are a succession of sorts. If you look at the letters:

A = Analysis (Analyze)
P = Protect
H = Hinder
I = Infiltrate
D = Destroy

This my hypothesis on this flow of succession...
The first step (as mentioned in the LGPedia) is to analzye[/i]. Of course, after that, you have to [u]protect your findings, as well as yourself and those who withold the information gathered.

Not much is said about hinder in the LGPedia, and I haven't really been able to find much in the forums (or its archives) about it, either.
The only thing I can come up with that goes with my hypothesis is that you hinder the movements of your enemy. Therefore strengthening the previous aspect, protecting the things important in your mission.

After analyzing your information thoroughly and setting up a battle plan or course of action, it is now time to infiltrate your target. Doing so is imperative to accomplishing the mission. It also makes things easier because you then have an operative who can work from the inside, or has a view from within or near the target.

Some have theorized that "D" stands for decieve... Deception would not be a final step, rather it would most likely strengthen "P" a bit more. When I think of deception, I'm thinking of drawing things out longer. That doesn't lead to completion.

Thats a really well thought out arguement, but I think what you're missing is what they use the APHID acronym for. In the community, it was to deal with strangers. In this instance, I think they use the APHID on thier enemies. Analyze the situation, protect the secrets, hinder the enemy, infiltrate thier organization, and ultimately destroy the threat.

If you look at it that way, destroy certainly does seem to fit in nicely. Smile
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:

Embarassed Yes Ma'am... I feel like I did something wrong, now...
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*reaches out to grab the monkey*

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:

Embarassed Yes Ma'am... I feel like I did something wrong, now...

To quote a wise and sexy bot:
I'll whip those forums into line for you. CRR-ACK!

kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
Thats a really well thought out arguement, but I think what you're missing is what they use the APHID acronym for. In the community, it was to deal with strangers. In this instance, I think they use the APHID on thier enemies. Analyze the situation, protect the secrets, hinder the enemy, infiltrate thier organization, and ultimately destroy the threat.

If you look at it that way, destroy certainly does seem to fit in nicely. Smile

Thanks, Panda! For some reason getting a lesson, not to mention a reply, from you makes me feel pretty good. Kinda like music to my ears; food for my soul.

Sorry about taking the acronym out of context. It still kinda proves my thoughts that each one letter in succession leads up to the next and that each one doesn't just 'stand alone'.

I do think that "decieve" would have been a good replacement, but it wouldn't fit into the acronym very well.
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:

Well put, Panda-san. Sorry if I have caused any confusion or turmoil.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:

Well put, Panda-san. Sorry if I have caused any confusion or turmoil.

No, no no! You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just anal about the forum. I move stuff alot. People get mad.

And about the Decieve = D ... the more you guys talk about it, the more it seems like it would be a viable option. After all, we got D = Destroy from Tachyon, not Oppy .... perhaps Tachyon is using our own tactics against us and deciving us by giving us false information?

It wouldn't be the first time that happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: