Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EID AL-ADHA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralf the Dog
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: EID AL-ADHA Reply with quote

"The unthinkable happened" was released on EID AL-ADHA., or the Festival of Sacrifice

In Islamic tradition, the Festival of Sacrifice. It is when they celebrate the faith of Abraham when he offered to sacrifice Isaac.

Bree is an only child.

Also note that Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac, however god stopped him at the last moment.
annie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting synchronicity, Ralf... and the idea of Bree's father willingly sacrificing his daughter to the Order.

Maybe that's the case, but, in my opinion, it's less likely there was any intional meaning behind the date this was posted because The Order doesn't have any apparent connections with Islam, nor, probably, with Christianity.
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yousef is muslim ..just to note
Ralf the Dog
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the order as a group who will use anything that comes along. If something from Christianity or Islam is useful they will ad it in.

I don't think the top people at the order believe their own religion. I think they just see it as a tool to control there members. One more stepping stone to world domination.

If the religion of the order is a stepping stone for the leadership of the order, is Bree the orders untied shoelace?
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralf the Dog wrote:
I see the order as a group who will use anything that comes along. If something from Christianity or Islam is useful they will ad it in.

I don't think the top people at the order believe their own religion. I think they just see it as a tool to control there members. One more stepping stone to world domination.

If the religion of the order is a stepping stone for the leadership of the order, is Bree the orders untied shoelace?

All religion is a tool to control society
Ralf the Dog
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I just call the order a tool? I had better break out my MP5 before they hit my door. Lets see there little pop gun VS my Heckler & Koch MP5
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckers wrote:
Ralf the Dog wrote:

Aha. [insert nodding smiley here because my computer is too slow]
lonelyelendi
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: EID AL-ADHA Reply with quote

Ralf the Dog wrote:
"The unthinkable happened" was released on EID AL-ADHA., or the Festival of Sacrifice

In Islamic tradition, the Festival of Sacrifice. It is when they celebrate the faith of Abraham when he offered to sacrifice Isaac.

Bree is an only child.

Also note that Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac, however god stopped him at the last moment.

Abraham was also a pure man who had never disobeyed god...at this point we know that Bree's father disobeyed the order when he told Bree to run.
<marlasinger> i'll rape you!
<marlasinger> i mean
<marlasinger> damnit marla be smooth
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh for god's sake..can we reel it in just a little bit?

Honestly - and no offense intended - it is hard enough trying to keep up with all the extraneous vids and theories w/out having to weed out this sort of thing.

Maybe it's just for fun and I am being a rain cloud - if so I am sorry (a little) but please let's ty to approach this thing in a rational way.

just my 2
blahblablee
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just to point it out that same event happens in the Bible... Its just not so celebrated...Its kinda just there
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krmurr87 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anyone knows what religion Yousef belongs to, if any. He was born in Arlington, Virginia, and lived in Jordan until he was 8. Yousef's father is Jordanian and lives in Herndon, Va. His mother is British and lives in Harrisonburg, Va., Jordan is 92% Muslim but there are also Christians and Druze in Jordan.
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
krmurr87 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anyone knows what religion Yousef belongs to, if any. He was born in Arlington, Virginia, and lived in Jordan until he was 8. Yousef's father is Jordanian and lives in Herndon, Va. His mother is British and lives in Harrisonburg, Va., Jordan is 92% Muslim but there are also Christians and Druze in Jordan.

Your not wrong I'm not 100% sure sorry but I'm friends w/ him on Myspace and I noticed someone wished him a happy EID AL-ADHA in Arabic and he wrote back to them thanking them and commenting on their Arabic, only reason I looked at hers is because I'm taking arabic in school right now

Edit: now I can't find the exact comment on his myspace..i'm going crazy
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig wrote:
oh for god's sake..can we reel it in just a little bit?

Honestly - and no offense intended - it is hard enough trying to keep up with all the extraneous vids and theories w/out having to weed out this sort of thing.

Maybe it's just for fun and I am being a rain cloud - if so I am sorry (a little) but please let's ty to approach this thing in a rational way.

just my 2

If you dont want to "keep up with the extraneous vids and theories" then why come here. And if it bothers you then why even comment on it. Obviously we are all here to discuss videos or in this case, Plot discussion, and it is meant to throw out all sorts of theories to view it from ALL possible angles. We are trying to look a little deeper and just ask "What if?". If you have a problem with that then I am sorry, dont read the "extraneous...theories"

Quote:
ex·tra·ne·ous /ɪkˈstreɪniəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ik-strey-nee-uhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. introduced or coming from without; not belonging or proper to a thing; external; foreign: extraneous substances in our water.
2. not pertinent; irrelevant: an extraneous remark; extraneous decoration.

I dont believe any videos are irrelevant or not belonging. And all theories all pertain to the video and should maybe be looked at. Sure some are off the wall but still if you have an issue with it dont basically say that it is stupid. It is just a theory. Remember, you are the one that chooses to come to this forum.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckers wrote:
Ralf the Dog wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more, Beckers.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: If you dont want to "keep up with the extraneous vids and theories" then why come here. And if it bothers you then why even comment on it. ...If you have a problem with that then I am sorry, dont read the "extraneous...theories"

I did not come in here to start a fight. In fact I am trying very hard to be civil. If a comment I made offened you that's just tooo bad. It is a forum and by that it is a means of open dialogue. Your comments are contradictoy. I made a pointed out something that I felt was a poor subject for plot discussion and you bashed me for doing it.

For the record; I reviewed my post and I didn't see the word "stupid" in there at all - maybe you can point it out to me.

As for your kind reminder of the definition of extraneous. I checked the word before I used it because I felt certain someone would take issue with it. It is used correctly.

In any case you have to admit that this whole topic is quite a stretch. I think the fact that the thread has been moved form "Plot Discussion" to the know somewhat obscure subject of "Her Religion" is indicative of that.

So to quote : "If you have a problem with that then I am sorry, dont read [them]"

Now I suppose I am in for a variety of bitching and moaning becasue I have taken an unpopular or critical position.

Do me one favor. Please dispense with the dictionary qoutes, the "spell check" and other similar useless comments. Trust me, I know how to speak English.

cheers

Last edited by Taig on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: