Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virginia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Realism Reply with quote

I think what's been bothering me lately is that the creators are still trying to bring a sense of realism to the series, yet it is all being lost. In the video, "The Unthinkable Happened," the entire video was completely out of character for a video blog. A "real" person wouldn't have spent so much editing time on the stakeout and the playing around, it would have been all about the climax and what actually happened. It would have been all about running the camera as they ran away and explaining what just happened. Like "OMFG! We were following Bree and her dad and then all of this crazy stuff happened and now we don't know what we're going to do!!!"

The realism of the videos themselves has been lost in the search of anticipation and cliffhangers.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people are getting way too picky

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
licoricesniper
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Realism Reply with quote

Virginia wrote:
I think what's been bothering me lately is that the creators are still trying to bring a sense of realism to the series, yet it is all being lost. In the video, "The Unthinkable Happened," the entire video was completely out of character for a video blog. A "real" person wouldn't have spent so much editing time on the stakeout and the playing around, it would have been all about the climax and what actually happened. It would have been all about running the camera as they ran away and explaining what just happened. Like "OMFG! We were following Bree and her dad and then all of this crazy stuff happened and now we don't know what we're going to do!!!"

The realism of the videos themselves has been lost in the search of anticipation and cliffhangers.

I personally didn't see anything wrong with the vid, as far as what you are saying or otherwise. It's probably one of my favorites in the series so far. There would have been something out of place if they hadn't added the stakeout stuff, in my opinion. It wouldn't have had the LG15 "flow" that I have grown accustomed to. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Very Happy

DO IT!!!
corley_dear
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool is right. Who's to say Jonas wouldn't cope with the entire event by doing with it something he loves, which is video editing? Plenty of people find catharsis in their hobbies.
Virginia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying that if I were outside shooting a video of my dog playing frisbee, and then an alien spaceship landed across the street and I caught it on tape, the video I uploaded would be very different. Even if my dog is very cute (which she is) I wouldn't spend half of my video talking about it. I would edit that out and talk about the alien landing.

Of course, the situations are different, but it's the same idea. If someone has been shot, I think a "real" person would have focused on that instead of going back to edit and focusing on sock jokes.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point and mentioned the same thing a couple of times in the past......I was having a hard time coming to terms on how I was supposed to watch these vids....as real or as fiction. I assumed I should watch them as "real" since that is how they started, but I guess the Creators are wanting to retain the creative editing with the music but still come off as real, which IMO isn't possible. I just overlook it at this point, but I personally wish they'd decide once and for all if this is supposed to look real or not and make ALL vids that way.
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point but to me, I dont mind thinking it isnt a vlog.
I am fine just watching it as a series and being excited.
The whole thrill to me is not knowing when we will find out more info and discussing it. Not actually keeping the reality of a vlog.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristenjane wrote:
The whole thrill to me is not knowing when we will find out more info and discussing it. Not actually keeping the reality of a vlog.

Hallelujah and Amen to that! Pray

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

livelongandprosper77 wrote:
kristenjane wrote:

I am fine with it either way as well....my point is the Creators can't have it both ways. If they are still trying to keep the "realism" of the first several vlogs, then they can't put so much effort into the editing because, c'mon, who would really be picking out just the right song after all the action and craziness of the latest vid?
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was entirely real though we'd never see any action or anything happen.

We'd just see the characters talking about what happened.

IMHO I think they have found a good mix that still works for their format even if it's not 100% true to life all of the time.
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

livelongandprosper77 wrote:
kristenjane wrote:

hee hee I got a hallelujah!
Very Happy

I never think about the "realism" of it being a vlog. i guess to some other people it could be a problem, but to me I dont mind. I would mind about the realism if there was all of a sudden a cow walking through the parking garage...
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the format has changed somewhat due to the fans' involvement. After all, if we assume it's real, what started as Bree's own vlog has turned into a story that the characters are realizing as they go along. They are aware of thousands of people watching and worrying and wondering about them as people. They also know they have their past videos to live up to. It's progressed beyond a vlog into a story the characters are telling on camera...

So being aware of that, it wouldn't surprise me that when they got home (or somewhere), they'd take some time to edit the video to show more about Daniel and Jonas and put some music and effects in.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with BK
I think the videos have been great and the stakeout and the actual parking garage event did fit together as one. They were watching Bree the whole time.
The only problem I had with the video is that it made me kinda dizzy when I was trying to see bree and her Dad struggle and whatnot....but someone was kind enough to post frame by frame shots. Smile

Keep up the good work creators! Don't fail us now!
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans have definitely changed and shaped the series for sure and i agree that the characters would accordingly change their vids to reflect this. Nice BK! Also, Beckers i was kinda dizzy myself but it really gave the vid a lot of thrill and suspense. I wonder if they had used a clear shot of what happened and put things in slow motion what effect that would have had hmm.. Think

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...It did add to the thrill and suspense a little....maybe could have been pulled off a little better but they definitley put across what they were aiming for I believe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: