Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the videos...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Are the videos... Reply with quote

going to be realeased on DVD any time soon? My B-Day is coming up so i could tell people to get them for me! if so i have some bonus feature ideas...

Arrow Cast & Crew Interveiws
Arrow Bloopers
Arrow Sneak Peek at upcoming videos

My Apo Approval Rating: 0 Previously: -3
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nudged this over to the Suggestion section, which seems like the appropriate place. Smile The video section is for discussion of specific videos.
Chartreuse
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they put a DVD out today, it would be out of date tomorrow. I'm guessing they'll wait until the series ends.

It just occurred to me that they could always do "seasons" like a TV show. This season = Bree. Next season? Another branch of the Order in another part of the country.... Twisted Evil
Evan
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or epsidoes 1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100, etc.

My Apo Approval Rating: 0 Previously: -3
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan wrote:
or epsidoes 1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100, etc.

And end each DVD with one of the actors doing a recap of the story up to that point.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they are starting to have quite a bit of video footage add up i am guessing a little over 3hrs now. I wonder if they will split it up by so many episodes that is not a bad idea there. There are all kinds of cool possibilities for sure. Smile

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I want bloopers....I love bloopers! Plus, behind-the-scenes footage and commentaries of the difficulties they had to overcome in each vid.
achenar
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the problem there is deciding how much to include.

Is OpAphid ARG material included? If so, how to involve the audience in the actual puzzles while retaining interest? Include every single video offered by every single member of the game and series, or only key videos?

But if not, how to explain how characters are receiving information, especially if in the future the characters of the OpAphid ARG (Tachyon and Brother come to mind, mostly) come into the mainstream videos?

Regardless, how to convey the fact that one of the major parts of LG15 is the community focus? And how to organise the videos - in chronological order, regardless of poster, or categorise them by person?

It's all tricky stuff. Very Happy Still, a nice idea - and I'm guessing the Creators'd be loving to see interest in it, even if only from a commercial point of view.

No, I'm not very nice.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a pretty good discussion going of what people would love to see in the DVD. Feel free to add to it here:
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3044

I'm hoping we get to see DVDs soon too, but I imagine it's hard to know what's a good point to stop, unless there's an end in the Creators' sights...
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good point to produce a DVD would be a point when A STORY ARC FINALLY FREAKING ENDED.

Grrrr. I can't tell you how frustrated I am about this whole project. It feels like seven (or so) months of foreplay with no orgasm.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
A good point to produce a DVD would be a point when A STORY ARC FINALLY FREAKING ENDED.

Grrrr. I can't tell you how frustrated I am about this whole project. It feels like seven (or so) months of foreplay with no orgasm.

Lass, I love you...that is a great analogy.

And like you, I would like to FINALLY get off Laughing
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Thanks, Ziola. I am feeling extremely discouraged about LG15 right now. Was sitting here pondering writing a lengthy post about it.

The thread about voting for best video was my breaking point. I went to the voting site (which is very hard to figure out/navigate, BTW) and my jaw dropped practically to my toenails when I saw the vid that has gotten the most votes so far: "The Unthinkable Happened." IOW, the most unbelievable, cliched, melodramatic development in the series so far is getting validated by viewers (or at least voters).

I felt like screaming: "DOESN'T ANYBODY AROUND HERE HAVE ANY SENSE OF CRITICAL DISCERNMENT?"

Then I saw your post. Now I don't feel so alone.

Loads of hugs to you.

Last edited by Languorous Lass on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten to the point that I don't really watch the videos anymore. My true interest has become the ARG and even now thats getting a bit dull and boring. Something has got to happen soon, or I think I'll just call it quits.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
my jaw dropped practically to my toenails when I saw the vid that has gotten the most votes so far: "The Unthinkable Happened." IOW, the most unbelievable, cliched, melodramatic development in the series so far is getting validated by viewers (or at least voters).

I felt like screaming: "DOESN'T ANYBODY AROUND HERE HAVE ANY SENSE OF DISCERNMENT?"

I sadly agree completely. I'm pretty sure the reason things are cliche though is because a large amount of people still want to see it for whatever reason. I'm really sad with that turn of events though too, it makes Bree's world so much more disturbing.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
I'm pretty sure the reason things are cliche though is because a large amount of people still want to see it for whatever reason.

If that's why the creators have inserted the most recent developments into the storyline, I might as well give up on LG15 right now. The most vocal contingent seems to be the people who want to see "Bree and Daniel sitting in a tree / K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Bleah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: