Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Jonas' "issues" start showing up?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas aka Jonastko
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AniDonia
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Will Jonas' "issues" start showing up? Reply with quote

Recently, he admitted that he has "issues" in the "Bree's gone" episode. Also, when he says he's been taken advantage of *time!* and *time!* and *time!* again, he sounds super super super intense.

Anyway, granted... his issues are more of an "I will give of myself 110% so that people won't abandon me like my mommy and daddy" than "JONAS... SMASH!", and he really has been charming and goofy and nice pretty much the entire time, but....

Going along with the theory that every little detail in the series means something: The Creators wouldn't mention Jonas having issues unless it's probably going to come up later. I also get the feeling there HAS to be more going on with the guy than just lonelyboy19. Maybe sometime in the future when the going gets tough he's going to flip out or something. What do you think?
EternalGoddess
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will come up later in the show. He was just expressing his feelings on the issue, cause it had happened to him before and he felt stupid for what he thought was someone doing it again. Each character has their own background and he was just sharing a part of his.
AniDonia
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think though, that giving Jonas a flaw, SOME kind of flaw, would make him better as a character.

Right now, he's rich, generous, charming, handsome, spontaneous, and funny.

That's a little... unreal, even for a fictional series.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is also dirty and greasy...I don't think that qualifies as perfect...not to mention the way he freaked out when bree stole his car. She WAS NOT just using him. I hope we don't start getting Jonas issues.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has some sort of retard-problem.

Some kind of mental illness...maybe Daniel should have looked around his house more...to look through his medicine cabinet...for pills maybe?

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe he does have a mental illness but I don't see how that could possible add to the story line.....I would like to have some answers at some point instead of just more questions.
angie78gg
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe is he inst medicated! Just saying, some ppl with a mental illness just let it go...Or that could be why he does soem of the things he does. To level him back out..Self help kinda thing
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:

I don't like the use of that word...folks on the message board have expressed how it's pretty much exclusively used degradingly.

But I've long wondered why Jonas would contact Bree and Daniel out of thin air and offer money and time and his house and get involved with something that sounded so dangerous. He didn't know them at all, at least no more than we did. Would any of us commit as much as he did? I think he's got some reason for it...perhaps to attach himself on to people after being so lonely, perhaps because he's attracted to Bree, perhaps because he's got some issues (or mental issues) that he's working out...
jinkies
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:

you are a lollercoaster.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell. So many potential plot avenues have been thrown out it is really hard to tell which way they will go. He DOES seem like he is too perfect though and I think there is a LOT more to his backstory that will become relevant as we progress.

The creators are at their strongest with character development. It took a LONG time for us to become "familiar" with Bree and Daniel and I think that it may take some time to figure this dude out... In contrast, I HATED Gemma from day one and found her character unrealistic and shallowly written, even before she turned out to be evil. I was somewhat of the same opinion of him, but have changed my mind with time. Jonas needs to have his character fleshed out some more, good guy or bad...

I loved the scenes with he and DB together, I actually started to like him at that point because they seemed like real dudes hanging out. He is the anti-Daniel, so their characters Mesh (hee) well. Mesh has had the Bree character in his head for years, but I think he can develop other characters as fully if given the chance to do so. DB is the perfect example, albeit not-flashy, he is a fully developed character at this point.

Good things to come I think and I do believe his "issues" are related to the fate of his parents and their (has to be!!) connection to the Order.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
nobackspacebutton wrote:

I don't like the use of that word...folks on the message board have expressed how it's pretty much exclusively used degradingly.

But I've long wondered why Jonas would contact Bree and Daniel out of thin air and offer money and time and his house and get involved with something that sounded so dangerous. He didn't know them at all, at least no more than we did. Would any of us commit as much as he did? I think he's got some reason for it...perhaps to attach himself on to people after being so lonely, perhaps because he's attracted to Bree, perhaps because he's got some issues (or mental issues) that he's working out...

Quote from the Merriam-Webster Online dictionary....

Main Entry: 1re·tard
Pronunciation: ri-'tärd
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French or Latin; Anglo-French retarder, from Latin retardare, from re- + tardus slow
transitive verb
1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : IMPEDE
2 : to delay academic progress by failure to promote
intransitive verb : to undergo retardation
synonym see DELAY
- re·tard·er noun

Just thought I'd thro that out there.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckers wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:
nobackspacebutton wrote:

Quote from the Merriam-Webster Online dictionary....

Main Entry: 1re·tard
Pronunciation: ri-'tärd
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French or Latin; Anglo-French retarder, from Latin retardare, from re- + tardus slow
transitive verb
1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : IMPEDE
2 : to delay academic progress by failure to promote
intransitive verb : to undergo retardation
synonym see DELAY
- re·tard·er noun

Just thought I'd thro that out there.

Consider how it is used, though, and how people take it. This post is very interesting: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84157#84157
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want jonas to take out his issues on me.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
emerrs11
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree and Daniel should totally get out of there find Gemma or whatever and get this whole thing fixed. I mean they don't even know exactly what they are running from.
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Jonas Reply with quote

I don't think he's seriously ill in any way, but he's probably a bit damaged from losing his parents in a such a disturbing, uncertain way. Anyone in that situation would have some abandonment issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas aka Jonastko All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: