Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early videos missing from Revver!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Freemanstein
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Early videos missing from Revver!? Reply with quote

Does anyone know why there are 5 early videos missing from Revver and hence the frontpage of this site???

They must have been there to begin with as there are gaps in the numbers...

the vids are:

001 First Blog/Dorkiness Prevails
003 Schoolwork in Summer...Blechh!!!
005 Grillz feat Danielbeast, LG15, P. Monkey and O'n
009 Proving Science Wrong
014 My Lazy Eye (and P. Monkey gets Funky)

...so why are they missing??? anyone know???
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop it making new threads!! Razz J/K Wink

i keep having a heart attack thinking its a new vid Shocked Laughing lol

yeh i noticed tht, i dno y it is

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Paul Monkuppet
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because acording to the rules of Revver you must have the rights or permission to use the music in the videos. They don't have the rights or permission from the artists for the music in those videos.
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Monkuppet wrote:
Because acording to the rules of Revver you must have the rights or permission to use the music in the videos. They don't have the rights or permission from the artists for the music in those videos.

That makes sense..
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and the fact that a Napoleon Dynamite Poster was prominent in some of the early vids and may be a copyright issue also.

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
04SSHD
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's lame...
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i know, i like the poster up there on the wall it fit and i think some of the music that they had to change to move certain vids over to Revver was better the first go around.

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Dr_Freemanstein
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Monkuppet wrote:

That matters???

That rule is also in YT's TOS...but it does'nt appear to matter there!?

Hang on...ooops...i just had a video accepted to Rev without permission to use the snippet of "Open Up" by Leftfield and two TV clips...should I pull my vid?? After all...it was accepted after being watched by a "real live person"...

Sorry to go off...but they also can't have had permission to use them when originally posted on YT...so whats the diff??
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr_Freemanstein wrote:
Paul Monkuppet wrote:

That matters???

Hang on...ooops...i just had a video accepted to Rev without permission to use the snippet of "Open Up" by Leftfield and two TV clips...should I pull my vid?? After all...it was accepted after being watched by a "real live person"...

Sorry to go off...but they also can't have had permission to use them when originally posted on YT...so whats the diff??

You can post pretty much anything on YT, since you're not making money off it. With Revver, if you sign up to make money, you can't profit from someone else's copyrighted material. So they'll typically refuse to allow a video with someone else's song...
Paul Monkuppet
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr_Freemanstein wrote:
Paul Monkuppet wrote:

That matters???

Well I don't know about you but I tryed to post my first blog video on Revver and they wouldn't put it up cos it had the song "got me wrong" by Alice in Chains.
Sarah of the Dead
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Dr_Freemanstein wrote:
Paul Monkuppet wrote:

That matters???

You can post pretty much anything on YT, since you're not making money off it. With Revver, if you sign up to make money, you can't profit from someone else's copyrighted material. So they'll typically refuse to allow a video with someone else's song...

That's not technically true. Various record companies seem to be making deals with YouTube to allow their content to be used, so some things are okay; in the past, YouTube would never have been sued because they wouldn't have had much money. Now YT is owned by Google, lots of copyright holders have tried to sue. You can post anything you like on YT, but you probably shouldn't.

If profit's being made off content hosted on Revver, then it's definitely not worth the risk of using copyrighted material without permission, and Revver are right to disallow videos on those grounds.

It's a pity about Grillz, it really is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: