Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Not a complaint) Help me get back that “loving feeling”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
2) Expectations. We still may have to fine tune our expectations. I think taking the things stated above into consideration we are still expecting this to play out like it would on TV or film but this is playing out over the internet where there really is not an established precedent.
You make a helpful point as I compared lg15 to a soap opera or nighttime tv show. I think I might be expecting the "expected." Good point.

And as for Milowent, with your voice of reason (or was that Dr. Phil's? No, I'm sure it was you..), and AutoPilate, whom I need to acknowledge for the generous image of The Righteous Brothers: excellent work, gentlemen. Witty, clever, refreshing, delicious.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to my world gogo.

I reached this plateau about two months ago and have been flailing about trying to find the answer to your questions. Many of the most intelligent and thoughtful fans (that certainly leaves me out, but Milo is still here) have simply abandoned the production because of the issues you have raised. I chose not to take this route, but it is a perfectly understandable reaction...

I have chosen my (fairly controversial I am sure) way to deal with this, but that is my path and not highly recommended unless you have thick fur.

Admit it, we are addicted to a drug that, to date, only induces further ingestion yet never curbs or fully satisfies the addiction. Sigh. The Crack metaphor is apt, and it is a mistake to ignore the negative connotations associated with it. And yet, here I am posting. Again. And at the Phorum no less Confused .

I suggest beer. Lots of beer. And cool fan Creations! IMHO, some of these are indeed more satisfying than the "original". Including your own...

To follow on Milo's theme. Maybe we need a twelve step program for Breeaholics Very Happy.

Peace Out from the Militant Monkeys.
SuspiciousMind
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was infatuated like the Dickens with Bree when she first started vlogging. She was the cutest thing on YouTube, eyebrows and all.

However, I became disaffected with the LG15 series when Bree exhibited sadistic bug-killing behavior at that swimming site. Remember the "skeeter hunting" bit? That permanently corrupted my love and respect for the girl. Cruelty to any living creature sucks and I wasn't amused. Of course by then I knew it was all staged, but still.

I actually started to root against the series, hoping the big exposé would sink it for good. At least they killed off her mean, control freak father. Yeah, served him right that skeeter of a dad.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: (Not a complaint) Help me get back that “loving feeling” Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Help me get back that “loving feeling”
gogo

Does that help? Anxious Illuminati
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo I know how you feel. It's tough being a fan from early on, I feel that the series has changed so much that if you got on board early and hoped for such great potential to grow out of its early videos that what resulted was quite disappointing. Not necesarily bad, but certainly disappointing for those who loved Bree just as she was early on, when her problems were much simpler, when she was intelligent, witty, far less unpredictable, and nobody got murdered.

I think we should throw together some egg salad sandwiches and have a picnic of watching the early episodes, remembering the old days. Actually when I found this quote I was doing just that, well, without the sandwiches...
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I appreciate the views of others who have left helpful advice ( and hearts). I don't have thick fur at all, cg, but I appreciate your attention to the crack metaphor (and like you, I'm just not ready to quit- I enjoy the lonelyhigh too much, sigh).

I'm sorry, SM, that skeeter-hunting pushed things overboard for you. (I don't think I like bugs that much and must confess to being a spider-basher at times Embarassed .)

And HyeMew, mmmm...sandwiches.

Thanks for giving me some things to consider as I pack the pin-a-nic basket, Boo Boo, and cut the crusts off of my sandwiches. You bring the blanket and we'll hope for pleasant weather.

(SM, I will bash ants that venture near my food, so be prepared...) Wink
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
SuspiciousMind
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
I'm sorry, SM, that skeeter-hunting pushed things overboard for you. (I don't think I like bugs that much and must confess to being a spider-basher at times Embarassed .).. (SM, I will bash ants that venture near my food, so be prepared...) Wink

Okay gogo, here's the deal with that...

Up until that skeeter scene Bree was a nice girl. Then she suddenly turned mean, making a game out of inflicting violence on those innocent bugs.

I draw a distinction between the necessary evil of swatting at a bathtub spider (or your picnic-hijacking ants) and Bree's taking her sick pleasure in bashing bugs' brains out.

Once Bree revealed herself to be this unkind individual I lost all empathy, concern, appreciation, etc. for the series.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that's sarcasm, methinks you are taking the untimely deaths of a few skeeters (while I am sure no insects were harmed in the making of her vlog) a tad too seriously...? For that to make you suddenly lose all care for the series sounds a bit extreme.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Up until that skeeter scene Bree was a nice girl. Then she suddenly turned mean, making a game out of inflicting violence on those innocent bugs.
Thanks for the explanation.

Now, Hyemew, stop trying to change the subject away from me (me, me, me-like Marcia, Marcia, Marcia). Now please go pick up some potato chips, Hyemew. We've got some serious picnicing to do, young man.
SuspiciousMind
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
I hope that's sarcasm, methinks you are taking the untimely deaths of a few skeeters (while I am sure no insects were harmed in the making of her vlog) a tad too seriously...? For that to make you suddenly lose all care for the series sounds a bit extreme.

No, HyeMew, I have made my feeling on this matter clear, and I said as much back in the old days before the original Phorum was scrapped.

It's not about the dead bugs -- it's about the sudden change in Bree from sweet, squeaky-clean, scientifically-curious, all-around nice girl to a gratuitous, mean-spirited destroyer of insects. It's obviously not a crime to kill bugs for fun and games, but I don't care for it one bit no do I condone the depiction of it. It's just plain insensitive to the ecosystem, the life force and to nature. Too serious for you? I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel. I wasn't too thrilled with the fish-mashing scene either, but at least that was food.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeeters are food too

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuspiciousMind
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
skeeters are food too

I agree, so don't bump them off unless you plan to eat them! I heard they're good with salt and pepper.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and sauteed in olive oil with just a hint of garlic...
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuspiciousMind wrote:
No, HyeMew, I have made my feeling on this matter clear, and I said as much back in the old days before the original Phorum was scrapped.

It's not about the dead bugs -- it's about the sudden change in Bree from sweet, squeaky-clean, scientifically-curious, all-around nice girl to a gratuitous, mean-spirited destroyer of insects.

SM, you joined this board the day it was founded, was your handle on the old phorum the same? i vaguely remember these posts decrying the skeeter hunting. hyemew probably was skeptical then too (surprise!). to be honest, i also thought it was a little out of bree's character at the time. i now chalk it up to the Creators all being men, because that sounds more an activity young boys would do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: