Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone else wishing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: anyone else wishing Reply with quote

Op had never gone canon? It started out with so much promise, and now it's just fizzling. I get the feeling Op is having to just take a back seat to what the creators are trying to do lately. Yawn. I wish it could have played out the way the Op PM originally planned. Sad It would have been a lot more fun and interesting, I bet. I just don't care that much about BreeDanielJonas on the run, talking to puppets, whatever. There's no real mystery there to figure out anymore, either.

I don't mean to be bitchy. I'm just disappointed. I haven't given up, but I hope Op pulls out something flashy soon.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to hate that op/tach was canon, but now i kinda like it, because i think gemma working for the order and tach following her and stuff.... is a great twist Smile

i think there is a lot more to come from them Very Happy

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you're saying evaB.

What I miss the most is the personal level of interaction I used to have using PMs on YT. You never knew what kind of reply you were going to get from Op or Tachy, but you knew you were going to get a reply. This changed quickly after Canon Day. I miss the wit!

I also miss the excitement of the drops. Even if I wasn't the one doing the retrieval, it was still uber exciting waiting for Lad to find it and give us those delicious puzzles to work on. The Gemma side-story has been fun, but there was no interaction involved with it (except initially) -- even on the speculative side of things (unless you count "is she dead or not".

I understand the whole story arc ending break explanation, but seriously, OpA has been out of action for a month... I wonder how or even IF her disappearance is going to be explained.

The PM has done a lot of work for us in running this ARG. It's been quite a ride! It's just too bad the interactive aspect of the game has stalled for awhile. Can't wait until we get back to it!

Last edited by sphinx on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
jenlight
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just wondering why there hasn't been another Op video in sooooo long. Even Tach has been quiet.
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had the chance to enjoy the game before it was canonized. I loved working on the clues, though. I wish Op would at least give a little teaser to get back into practice...
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like we got a lot of Tachyon interaction after Op disappeared. I kinda liked that balance. Since Tachyon and 10033 have logged in recently, Op NOT logging in has to serve the story somehow.

But as I mentioned in another thread, if the ARG was originally supposed to end in December it seems like this break is a result of preparing for what comes next...I'm assuming if it hadn't become canon there wouldn't have ever been a "next."

This also means we get no post-ARG PM reveal or chat for awhile, which is frustrating because I am sure we all have questions. Laughing
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jenlight wrote:
I am just wondering why there hasn't been another Op video in sooooo long. Even Tach has been quiet.

Tach's Gemma IV went up just over a week ago.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not frustrated by canon status, I think we all just need to be patient right now. We are getting lots of action in Gemmers19 mail at current, and Op has her reasons for MIA status we can be sure.

There are positives to the canon status, like... sleep. I missed that. My skins less sallow now, and my grades are improving. lol, oh just keeding sleep is for the weak anyhow.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving how oppy is canon now...
i'm just disappointed, frustrated and ... well plain ol' angry that she's been MIA for five weeks.
I don't understand. She said a vacation for a couple of weeks right??? That usually is two weeks...it's been FIVE!
But you are right, since it has become canon it's slown down a lot I find.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jenlight
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
We are getting lots of action in Gemmers19 mail at current, and Op has her reasons for MIA status we can be sure.

Gemmers19 mail? What am I missing?
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
I'm loving how oppy is canon now...
i'm just disappointed, frustrated and ... well plain ol' angry that she's been MIA for five weeks.
I don't understand. She said a vacation for a couple of weeks right??? That usually is two weeks...it's been FIVE!
But you are right, since it has become canon it's slown down a lot I find.

Stuff happened every day for 2-3 weeks when it was announced as canon. We had a few drops. The last drop had real-life interaction even.

It's funny how people complain about it not being kept to a schedule or breaks being more formally announced, but they would flip out if they were for breaking the ARG code of the curtain.

As someone who has followed this from the beginning, it seems like the momentum built towards the end of the arc and right now we're getting a little epilogue.

My personal vote is that the break should be as long as it needs to be if the result is an awesome new story arc.

And yes, some real life time is nice for us while we wait! Laughing
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea i didn't expect it to be a scheduled thing..just drives me nuts how nit was said a couple of weeks.
I'm happy that Tachyon has kept up with us. I'm talking on the opaphid side. she hasn't been around at all...makes me sad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather a sweet arc than a half-ass-thrown-together one myself as well covedweller.

kts- Oppy's her own boss. A couple weeks vacay for us normal beings is two weeks, but we all know how management works... lol
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
I'd rather a sweet arc than a half-ass-thrown-together one myself as well covedweller.

kts- Oppy's her own boss. A couple weeks vacay for us normal beings is two weeks, but we all know how management works... lol

haha that is true.
oh well i'll sit and wait...
still frustrates me. and makes me sad. and worried.....and angry...and.....
*cotinues rambling...*

bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
jenlight wrote:

Tach's Gemma IV went up just over a week ago.

Actually, it went up on December 27th, so it's been two full weeks. But there hasn't been any actual interaction since December 17th or so...when we learned about Brother/Sebastian and Gemma....

We got the Gemma Vids IV and V the last few days of December, but it was informative/speculative rather than interactive. For those who have been actually waiting for puzzles and/or drops, it's been 3 1/2 weeks (since the BB Puzzle) That's enough time for people to kind of give up and start wandering away.

Unless it is over for some reason and the whole point of the game was to kill Gemma* and for us to figure out why. But I imagine they would have told us that was the end, right? Besides, Brother seems to be hinting in the profile updates that there's more to come...I just wish the PMs would maybe give us a better idea of when. I understand breaks between stroy arcs, but the suspense is a tad bit annoying. I only say that as someone new to the realm of ARGs. I could be way off, but as a newbie I am a bit confused.

*Or whatever it is that happened to Gemma, anyway.

Quote:
We are getting lots of action in Gemmers19 mail at current

What Gemmers19 mail?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: