Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[I in APHID] Have we missed something?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I'm trying to say (And I could totally be wrong, because the decoder thing was very complicated) --

I think that when we were using the decoder ring, there was a particular "Key" to each puzzle tht had to be solved in order to decode the message. Each key was different and it required some sleuthing to figure it out.

So if you were using the decoder ring to encrypt a message, you would have to make a key. We could use one of Tachy's key's, but maybe you would have to find a way to let him know which key you were using? Otherwise he wouldn't be able to decode the message!

Does that make any sense? Sometimes I'm not good at explaining what I'm thinking. Embarassed
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
Here's what I'm trying to say (And I could totally be wrong, because the decoder thing was very complicated) --

I think that when we were using the decoder ring, there was a particular "Key" to each puzzle tht had to be solved in order to decode the message. Each key was different and it required some sleuthing to figure it out.

So if you were using the decoder ring to encrypt a message, you would have to make a key. We could use one of Tachy's key's, but maybe you would have to find a way to let him know which key you were using? Otherwise he wouldn't be able to decode the message!

Does that make any sense? Sometimes I'm not good at explaining what I'm thinking. Embarassed

It makes perfect sense! I see exactly what you are saying now.

Let me take a look at the keys and see if I can spot something suitable. Perhaps he has already told you guys the key, and everyone is missing it. Or perhaps this is simply wrong. Wouldn't be the first time for me.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the most recent one Tach used would be a good place to start.

Also, the idea of asking him a "key" related question might yield some results.

Or you could simply preface the message with the key in clear language.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, sounds good. I didn't make a decoder ring tho. So we need to bug someone who made one to try. Or maybe I'll watch Tilt's video and make one now. I am pretty bored.

But I think it's worth trying!
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the decoder rings are way complicated and I don't completely understand them. But could the key you're looking for be the 'any' key?
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Panda! I really am quite thick-headed sometimes. You obviously were explaining that quite well! Just smack me next time I am such a fool!

ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Okay, the decoder rings are way complicated and I don't completely understand them. But could the key you're looking for be the 'any' key?

The keys have a particular format, which looks like this:

I/II [0] 0/0

X: [message line in code]
Y: [Steps used on decoder ring]

Where the information in the brackets appears to be the actual key. You guys need deagol in here to do this. He eats this stuff for breakfast. Heck, he's probably already tried sending Brother a key in clear, and a coded message following it. I haven't seen him post anything about it, though.

I guess I should write my suggestion again, including Panda's reminder about the key.

I am suggesting that someone send Brother a coded message, using the lovelines decoder ring. The message should be prefaced with a key, and the key should actually be sent in hex: that is the way that Tachyon sent them.

Edit: attempted to clarify my description of previous code use

Last edited by ApotheosisAZ on Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm sorry.
I've tried reading up on the rings and I just don't get them. Embarassed
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of simply testing my theory, I duplicated the hex message from "A Small Test" and sent it to Brother via gemmers19's YT account. I'll post any response I get.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish me luck! i made a painfully simple code and put a clue to the key in the subject line, coding the quote "the little hand says it's time to rock".

well, guess i should reword that.

the code is painfully simple... if you know the language.

Wink Twisted Evil think "domo arrigatto, robotto-san." followed by the kanji for "100331" is enough of a hint? can i hear a w00t w00t from those who hated Tachy's and BillehBob's codes?? Wink

Pretty simple. (Feel free to read for a cheat, Brother!)

In the basic form of Japanese writing (hirigana), I wrote the quote in the Japanese equivilant. lemme spell it out in english lettering...

teh reetah hando sezu eetsu tamu to rokku.

Wink yeah, when they smush english words to fit their language, it's like playing "mad gab"!!

but i figured that, seeing as how i typed it in hirigana characters, the subject line should tell them my key.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
wish me luck! i made a painfully simple code and put a clue to the key in the subject line, coding the quote "the little hand says it's time to rock".

Wink Twisted Evil think "domo arrigatto, robotto-san." followed by the kanji for "100331" is enough of a hint? can i hear a w00t w00t from those who hated Tachy's and BillehBob's codes?? Wink

In the basic form of Japanese writing (hirigana), I wrote the quote in the Japanese equivilant. lemme spell it out in english lettering...

Wink yeah, when they smush english words to fit their language, it's like playing "mad gab"!!

but i figured that, seeing as how i typed it in hirigana characters, the subject line should tell them my key.

huh?!
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this has been repeated or is too obvious... but has anyone tried just emailing him the actual decoder ring for him to use?
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidewalkflight wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been repeated or is too obvious... but has anyone tried just emailing him the actual decoder ring for him to use?

Hehehe!! You know, I bet none of them have tried that...its a good idea.
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First:

Using the decoder ring, you have to let your reciever know where to start the code. As in "Set ring to R4" etc. That way, the reciever knows what to line up. Just sending the code, or sending the ring in this case, will be of little help.

Second:

I don't think that brother has been sending us any new hints or clues. I think that we are just so bored from not having a new puzzle that we will try to anylyze ANYTIHNG to keep our wits sharp.

HOPEFULLY they will throw us a bone soon (and hopefully it is one of Gemma's to confirm she is gone...LOL)

-Ruberic
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:
Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:

huh?!

i sent him a japanese message with the classic "domo arrigatto, mister robotto" in the subject line, telling him you gotta translate the japanese. as far as "decoding", you just have to read it out loud!! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: