Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is 5? (besides a number)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: What is 5? (besides a number) Reply with quote

From Tachyon's current profile, updated by brother:

Quote:
I'm not too worried about it though. It's mostly suggestions for while she's away in Fiji, assisting our friends at 5 on a recovery mission.

So the question that needs to be discussed is, what is 5? Google 5 and Fiji and you get nothing. So how are they related to Tachyon's group? Does this mean that Tachyon's group is worldwide? What are they recovering, and why did they need to fly Tachyon from California to Fiji for assistance?

Discuss now Smile
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it to mean "at 5 o'clock"
mourningbelle
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's MI5.

Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI5

Edit: Check out this article (that's totally silly, but whatever) linked from the Wiki called "Watching the Watchers".
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan-turnbull/eye-spy-uk-secrets2.htm
At this time tomorrow
I'll be just one day closer
One sunset further behind
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure 5 is ever really used as shorthand for MI5. Is it another Culper Ring agent?

Totally coincidentally Gavin De Becker, security expert and author, has a compound in Fiji!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is what is going on if Fiji right now, so I guess they picked a good place to send Tach. Plenty of drama there...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/state-of-emergency-to-continue-in-fiji/2007/01/15/1168709679053.html

Or perhaps she was helping to find this man...if it is MI5...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2547543,00.html
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched the show Spooks a few times (in the US its called MI:5) and they refer to themselves as 5 occasionally.

MI:5 is more like the FBI though, MI:6 (the organization James Bond works for) is more like the CIA.

It actually makes me curious what this mission is because it'd have to be a total reaction to the recent coup in Fiji, or some sort of personal business...maybe something MI:5 has been storing or running out of there in secret Because my understanding is that more "official" international missions would be in MI:6's realm.

So it'd make sense they'd call on Tachyon for help if there was something going on that was a little less formal and more improvised.

Though between this and the Gemma takedown, it makes sense why Tachyon probably wasn't even aware that Bree's dad was in danger and therefore didn't save him.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Tachyon would save Bree's dad even if she was available. I think that she would consider him a necessary sacrifice for the greater good of destroying the Order and giving her organization greater strength and power.
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given Tachyon's mixed feelings about her sister and her father, I can't imagine why she would want Bree to go through such a thing if her father was trying to help Bree. He probably would have been a great asset alive and in her custody.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOHHHH!!!

Brain spasm....if Tachyon's sister was one who was chosen, does that mean she isn't her real sister, but rather one like Bree, who was placed with her family?
jenlight
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's just messing with us.
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only things I've been able to find concerning five and Fiji...

Fiji five seek safe passage

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?ref=archive&id=54068

or

http://www.fijitimes.com/show.html
27. Pro-democracy protesters who waved the Fiji flag during a meeting of the Great Council of Chiefs in Suva to discuss demands made by military commander Voreqe Bainimarama are arrested by police. The five, calling themselves the Young Peoples Concerned Network, and who are behind the 'democracy shrine' at Lami, were charged with unlawful assembly as they did not have a permit for their protest.
Caslynn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lola wrote:
I'm not sure 5 is ever really used as shorthand for MI5. Is it another Culper Ring agent?

Totally coincidentally Gavin De Becker, security expert and author, has a compound in Fiji!

Great suggestion Lola, I hadn't thought of that, but can see how it would be a plausible idea.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Tachyon be involved in other agencies? Her primary goal, I thought, was to take down OpAphid. I don't think MI:5 would be involved with that.
imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like my first thought.

To me, "Friends at 5" sounded like he was referring to a news show or reporters. The only reporter we have lately is Nikki B.

Like I said, I didn't like it, either.

If he's referring to the political situation in Fiji, that would suggest that the group that Tach is working with is not just anti-OpAphid, but much more broad-reaching.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this is completely off topic...
but in my search for friends at 5 and fiji and all the ways you can search it I found this:

http://www.fijifriends.net/

look at the note at the top of the page... my imagination ran wild..then I did a mental slap across the face and told my self to smarten the hell up

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: