Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please NOT A Game!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syncomm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Please NOT A Game! Reply with quote

I think today was a major downturn in the LG15 saga, not because people went mentally insane over a possible clue hidden in a lake, but because a billion ARG nerds flooded the boards. They came complete with their own ideas of rules/ethics, weird lingo (unfiction, TiNaG, game-jacking?), and the sick idea that someone could/would "win". How would you "win" this and why would you want to try?? LG15 was better as a serial drama without all the strange participation. While it may have been a neet idea for the creators to get the fans involved in a search, I hope that they never ever ever bother to do it again. Already people are trying to "sell" clues on eBay... please. Sad Lets get back to watching Bree in weird videos and having wild speculation and end all the dorky ARGness before some ARG-Master goes and "games-jacks" our ass.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Please NOT A Game! Reply with quote

syncomm wrote:
I think today was a major downturn in the LG15 saga, not because people went mentally insane over a possible clue hidden in a lake, but because a billion ARG nerds flooded the boards. They came complete with their own ideas of rules/ethics, weird lingo (unfiction, TiNaG, game-jacking?), and the sick idea that someone could/would "win". How would you "win" this and why would you want to try?? LG15 was better as a serial drama without all the strange participation. While it may have been a neet idea for the creators to get the fans involved in a search, I hope that they never ever ever bother to do it again. Already people are trying to "sell" clues on eBay... please. Sad Lets get back to watching Bree in weird videos and having wild speculation and end all the dorky ARGness before some ARG-Master goes and "games-jacks" our ass.

DING DING DING. My sentiments exactly!
PLEASE- LG is a serial, NOT A REAL LIFE ARG. Please stop turning it into one, as Cassie is not even a part of Bree's world. What you see on cassieiswatching is not being done by the creators but someone peripherally involved. Therefore what they say has no bearing on the actual Bree world. Stop looking for confirmation of the Cassie ARG in things Bree does. CASSIE IS NOT A PART OF THE LG15 SERIES. LG15 IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ARG NOR AN AMAZING RACE STYLE SCAVENGER HUNT AROUND THE WORLD. BREE IS NOT A LIAR.
In the past day the whole spirit of what Bree is has been completely hijacked and distorted into something else.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether they incorporate some ARG elements into it or not, all you have to do is watch. Those who want to participate in hunting down clues and trying to figure them out can, those who don't won't.

Anyway, if this is even a part of the real storyline, it's not the main part. I wouldn't worry about good ol' Bree changing too much.
Moonpies
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
I wouldn't worry about good ol' Bree changing too much.

How can Bree do anything BUT change? This is an evolving serial. Bree will evolve alongside it. Some of that will come from adjusting the storyline to the audience's nudges though few can argue that the creators are the ones steering the wheel here and know exactly where this is going.

That said, I think the Cassie subplot -- whether it was real, loosely aligned, or a complete case of unauthorized coattail hopping -- was brilliant. It brought in a new audience to ADD to the existing audience at a time when many LG15 purists were rustling around anyway due to the official revelations that this is a scripted serial.

Early on, LG15 allowed the public to weave themselves into the fabric of the story by interacting with the video confessionals. The Cassie subplot allowed a new way to interact, and this time with a sense of urgency.

Not everyone likes the macabre Cassie experience. Some diehards may be upset at how Bree's behavior departed from the norm in the "In the Park" video. However, the plot must be furthered along somehow. It's naive to think that Jessica Rose will always be at the disposal of the creators now that she is a name on every casting agent's Rolodex. This story will eventually have to have some form of resolution.

Now that we're talking about confirmed fiction, the expectations are baked in. Bree will change. If you think she'll be making cookie recipes come November with P. Monkey, your expectations will likely be dashed.
baggage
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CASSIE IS NOT A PART OF THE LG15 SERIES. LG15 IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ARG NOR AN AMAZING RACE STYLE SCAVENGER HUNT AROUND THE WORLD. BREE IS NOT A LIAR.

Again, how do you know this as fact?
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baggage wrote:
Quote:
CASSIE IS NOT A PART OF THE LG15 SERIES. LG15 IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ARG NOR AN AMAZING RACE STYLE SCAVENGER HUNT AROUND THE WORLD. BREE IS NOT A LIAR.

Again, how do you know this as fact?

he's a moderator, and he's in contact with the creators/journalists who have interviewed the creators
baggage
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he's a moderator, and he's in contact with the creators/journalists who have interviewed the creators

I understand that he is a moderator. Can you direct me to where it says the moderators are in regular contact with the creators? Just for reference.
cpo schwartz
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: ARG Reply with quote

Just one little note about the ARG thing.

Most of the ARGer think the cassieiswatching IS a spin off that has some connection to the original LG15 story.

Since LG15 can be change by us, the two may come together.

Also NONE of the long time ARG fans think you can "win".

It's a group effort and the point is to play, not win. You also can't get to the end by doing it alone.

Anyone who talks about being the "winner" doesn't get it.

edit: This reminds me of playing ILB and all the tools asking "when do I get my free copy of halo 2"

Last edited by cpo schwartz on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baggage wrote:
Quote:

I understand that he is a moderator. Can you direct me to where it says the moderators are in regular contact with the creators? Just for reference.

it was somewhere on the cassie board that he said that, and I dont know if it's "regular" contact...but he said he had good sources.

edit: I was totally wrong. he never said he had contact with the creators. he said he had contact with the NYTimes Journalist who DID have contact with the creators.
baggage
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just was wondering why the moderators knew so much. I've been lurking for awhile now but never saw where exactly their connections were.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This IS a GAME. :uhg:

Alternate Reality Game. They WANT you to figure out things, THAT is why it's entertaining.

If you think it's <i>just</i> a series, you should rethink all you believe about the LG series.
Moonpies
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Two points Reply with quote

Two quick points that I'd like to make here.

1. Even if the Cassie subplot is only marginally affiliated with The Creators, it's tough to deny the power. There are more Cassie posts than the rest of this entire forum combined (3200+ of the 4600+ posts in these threads so far).

2. Folks dig the Cassie subplot. Check the poor ratings and the venom in the viewer comments directed at LG15 since The Creators came public. You don't see that in the Cassie-related uploads.

This will NEVER become a conventional ARG (if there is such a thing as a conventional ARG) because there is a great story that has been unfolding over the past few months. Besides, there isn't a whole lot of money to be made by boiling this down to a cryptic scavenger hunt. This is still going to go in a Hollywood bent.

However, if the ARG opens up the story to a wider audience, why diss it when the owners are better served in embracing it?
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still just amazed that someone who was never seen on camera, and only mentioned in one video for about 10 seconds, has accumulated more discussion and intrigue than LG15 did in months. Perhaps though everyone is just hungry for a mystery, and now that LG is out they've turned to the mystery of Cassie? Except this time of course we know Cass isn't real.. right?
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
I'm still just amazed that someone who was never seen on camera, and only mentioned in one video for about 10 seconds, has accumulated more discussion and intrigue than LG15 did in months. Perhaps though everyone is just hungry for a mystery, and now that LG is out they've turned to the mystery of Cassie? Except this time of course we know Cass isn't real.. right?

The power of a mystery! People are definitely fascinated by intrigue.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
baggage
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Except this time of course we know Cass isn't real.. right?

Well, I hope Cassie isn't real because she's kind of a b*tch and she is scary. BUT I think we can safely say that Cassie not real in our world as we once thought Bree was, but I don't know if she is not real in BW. (Bree's World)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: