Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woman convicted in CIA scam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Woman convicted in CIA scam Reply with quote

Woman convicted in CIA scam

SHREVEPORT, La. Would you believe it if someone told you that satellites could scan your body for disease? Or that C-I-A agents can administer secret medicines while you sleep?

A Louisiana woman who was able to convince relatives, friends and neighbors of such things is now going to prison.

Authorities say Stacey Finley claimed to be a C-I-A agent. For a price, she told people, fellow agents would medicate them while they slept.

Finley collected nearly one (m) million dollars over a six-year-period from 22 people in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi.

She pleaded guilty last week to wire fraud and faces up to 20 years in prison when she is sentenced in May. She also could be ordered to pay restitution.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the region this took place in not surprise me?
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I was thinking the same thing ^_^

BA Tells Lies.

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THATS schizophernia!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're showing ignorance by stereotyping...
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
You're showing ignorance by stereotyping...

Oh sweet Jesus...its a joke. Coming from a woman who lives in NH, the land of cows, trees, mountains and brainless idiots who ski to work, wear nothing but flannel and are still trying to figure out how exactly they get poeple into those little TV thingy's....

Frickin' relax!!
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Oh sweet Jesus...its a joke. Coming from a woman who lives in NH, the land of cows, trees, mountains and brainless idiots who ski to work, wear nothing but flannel and are still trying to figure out how exactly they get poeple into those little TV thingy's....

Frickin' relax!!

Yeah, go through a hurricane, lose most of your stuff, THEN have the rest of the country act like you're A. racist because you're white and B. Trash because you live in the state you do.....THEN tell me to relax.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go...lets blow everything out of proportion yet again...could you be anymore irrationally oversensitive?

What does this have to do with the hurricane? Absolutely nothing.
And since you are not the only region in the country to ever have to go through a natural disaster, I think your knee-jerk response to relate everything to that is getting a little bit old.

And thanks for asking, my brother in law finally was able to move back into his house after the flooding we experienced statewide last year. Some of my students are still displaced, but they are dealing with it.

See, tragedy is everywhere. Its how you deal with it that counts.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Here we go...lets blow everything out of proportion yet again...could you be anymore irrationally oversensitive?

What does this have to do with the hurricane? Absolutely nothing.
And since you are not the only region in the country to ever have to go through a natural disaster, I think your knee-jerk response to relate everything to that is getting a little bit old.

And thanks for asking, my brother in law finally was able to move back into his house after the flooding we experienced statewide last year. Some of my students are still displaced, but they are dealing with it.

See, tragedy is everywhere. Its how you deal with it that counts.

And did the rest of the country treat him like a racist...and trash for living in the state he did? No....which means you didn't understand a single thing I said. Typing slower won't help. Perhaps you should read slower if you don't understand.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to argue this with you anymore. You obviously are oversensitive regarding where you live and thats fine. But, since I have never called you a racist or white trash, please refrain from stereotyping me with the people who did. It works both ways, Tannhaus, both ways.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa people, calm down.

BA Tells Lies.

Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine, BA, just fine.

No problems with me.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologise to anyone that was offended...the article was just a weird news article..it wasn't meant to start a war on stereotypes.

BA Tells Lies.

tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
I apologise to anyone that was offended...the article was just a weird news article..it wasn't meant to start a war on stereotypes.

Well, it wasn't the article...it was the comments afterwards.

We went through a hurricane...four days later, still no red cross or anything. We were left to fend for ourselves. Many of us lost a lot...if not everything. FEMA totally let most of us down...and overpaid others. Some got handouts from every direction and squandered the money...many of us got nothing..

Then, on top of that, most of the rest of the country feels like they know exactly what things were like here and can say A. If you lived here and were white, you were a racist and B. If you lived here at all, you were stupid. The slams get pretty old after a while. It's nothing but ignorant stereotyping.

So, I think being touchy about jabs about Louisiana is perfectly reasonable considering how we were treated during the hurricane and afterwards. Btw, if you wish to read my personal account I typed up afterwards, you can find it here:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/9/12/23613/3860

BTW, anyone reading this...please don't send anything to the paypal link. That time is over with.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that saying someone from LA (or the south in general) is gullible is stereotypical. Not racist, but stereotypical. I suppose we all have fun with stereotypes now and then, but they can hurt people who feel they are the victims of said stereotype. I think people should be careful before making a comment about a stereotype, especially online where it's difficult to see how it was intended. And folks on message boards, generally, should have a thick skin and take posts with a grain of salt, especially since it is so hard to read a person's intent.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: