Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VIDEO SUMMARY VIDEO 2 ATTRACT NOOBS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
InsaneAnalyst
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: VIDEO SUMMARY VIDEO 2 ATTRACT NOOBS Reply with quote

Alright so I had this awesome idea I thought I should share with y'all.

Since noobs seem to be intimidated by the storyline thus far and find it so hard to piece together everything and watch the videos. Why not make a catch up video. Like take clips of important things that have happened and get a narrator to narrate between and explain the plot (like the dead chick from desperate housewives). Even if it was 30 minutes long or so, it would probably work to attract more people since noobs could catch up on the plot fast and easily with out getting confused or intimidated cause everything they'd need to know would be in the video.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fan has started creating Recap videos to quickly bring people up to speed. They can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LonelyGirl15Recaps

Others have suggested what you're saying: a video with a character or narrator pointing out what the Creators think are the key points. I believe The Creators said they're going to look into it... it is a good idea!
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been working on a video that brings us from may 2006 to nov 2006 (until the i in aphid..)

i'm almost done. Smile
can you believe its been so long?
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to my recaps BK.

I’m going to avoid using any voice over narration in my recaps and try to live by the old adage of show, don’t tell. I want to let LG15 tell itself. I think that will not only help new viewers catch up, but it will also let them see the story as it unfolded itself and give them a feel for the tone of the show. On occasion I will add a little bit of visual commentary to try to point out clues, but in general I’m going to try to stick to official canon material only.

The big draw back is that I have no insight into where the story is headed so it will become increasingly difficult to know what the important details to focus on are.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terryfic wrote:
Thanks for the link to my recaps BK.

Didn't know it was you! Kudos!

Terryfic wrote:
On occasion I will add a little bit of visual commentary to try to point out clues, but in general I’m going to try to stick to official canon material only.

The big draw back is that I have no insight into where the story is headed so it will become increasingly difficult to know what the important details to focus on are.

Yeah, I agree. I think if the Creators made the catch-you-up videos, we'd see what they wanted us to focus on. But you're letting us know what fans take from it and focus on, which is equally as important!!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
A fan has started creating Recap videos to quickly bring people up to speed. They can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LonelyGirl15Recaps

Others have suggested what you're saying: a video with a character or narrator pointing out what the Creators think are the key points. I believe The Creators said they're going to look into it... it is a good idea!

The recaps by the fan you mentioned are very good! This person has so far done a good job of emphasising the principal points of intrigue, like the picture of Aleister Crowley, the first mention of Cassie, and the cookie contest date 10/12/06, etc.

I think his/her approach is better than the suggestion of having a narrator, because so much of the story line has been in the meta discussion and speculation. How would someone writing the narration make a decision on what to leave in and what to leave out?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a noob, but I'd love to see a recap video done by the Creators! Seeing through their eyes what they think is important to share could lead to an entirely different feel about things.

Would they include the numbers that some people obsess over? Would it include Gemma at all? Would Jonas come off looking like a sweet, innocent hunk or a sinister stranger?

Would Bree come off looking likeable at all?

I hope they decide to do this!
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:

figured i'd note that the recaps (5 of them now) are now up to the period right before the ceremony.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE; I got this close to being done and decided that i'd rather play in the rain. ever since i have not touched it.

Team Danielle!
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

figured i'd note that the recaps (5 of them now) are now up to the period right before the ceremony.

there are now 7 recaps videos, and they reach thru the end of october now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: