Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

********I DONT GET IT********
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corpses
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: ********I DONT GET IT******** Reply with quote

I dont get it. what's so fascinating about the whole LG15 thing?

Under the influence of the whole Bree buzz that was going on, i decided to go on youtube and watch her videos from the start.

What can i say? it was really boring

And what's with people complaining about "playing with people's emotions". do some people actually take this thing to heart and is "moved" by pseudo-emo chick? (oh wait, most emos are pseudos)

I dont get it, what's so attractive about the whole LG15 series?

but i can tell you what grabbed my attention:
1. everyone's reaction about her being fake, and "playing with peoples' emotions" thing when videos are really boring
2. frankly, the videos are really boring, and why do so many people still watch it?

I respect that there are LG15-maniacs. So please, please enlighten me with your knowledge and perspectives. why is it such a phenomenon in terms of its storyline and character?

thanks in advance.
Oz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've watched all of the videos and you still find it boring then there probably isn't much that anybody can say to explain it to you.

You just don't like it. Smile

What puzzles me is that you would spend all that time watching "boring" videos then register on a forum to discuss said videos, then read back all the recent discussion to get a handle on what the mood is when you clearly have no interest in it Confused
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this needs to be moved. Its in the wrong area.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately needs to be moved.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
corpses
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz wrote:
If you've watched all of the videos and you still find it boring then there probably isn't much that anybody can say to explain it to you.

You just don't like it. Smile

What puzzles me is that you would spend all that time watching "boring" videos then register on a forum to discuss said videos, then read back all the recent discussion to get a handle on what the mood is when you clearly have no interest in it Confused

Hey Oz,

I didnt watch all her videos. i am up to the bit where she learns to drive? if you remember it?

i think that's about when someone officially announced that it was a fake. from the comments, there were some pretty upset people (dont know if they are for real though).

i think last year, i was watching some docu, and they were talking about the reaction towards the whole fake thing.

I guess what grabbed me is that the reaction people are getting, and how they can be addicted to her videos when they were nothing but short snapshots of her life? which really isnt that enigmatic....
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.. It needst to be moved...

Not to mention the fact that what OZ said is so funny...

I often seek out things I do not enjoy and spen hours upon hours delving into them so I can runn off and spend more time complaining about it to people who do like it Rolling Eyes
corpses
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:

ahh... how and where do i move it to? or does someone else move it? Embarassed
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corpses wrote:
Ziola wrote:

ahh... how and where do i move it to? or does someone else move it? Embarassed

Its okay ^_^ I'm sure 'mute or BK will take care of it!

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
corpses
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
I agree.. It needst to be moved...

Not to mention the fact that what OZ said is so funny...

I often seek out things I do not enjoy and spen hours upon hours delving into them so I can runn off and spend more time complaining about it to people who do like it Rolling Eyes

soooo true

doing it right now Embarassed
Oz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corpses wrote:
Hey Oz,

I didnt watch all her videos. i am up to the bit where she learns to drive? if you remember it?

i think that's about when someone officially announced that it was a fake. from the comments, there were some pretty upset people (dont know if they are for real though).

i think last year, i was watching some docu, and they were talking about the reaction towards the whole fake thing.

I guess what grabbed me is that the reaction people are getting, and how they can be addicted to her videos when they were nothing but short snapshots of her life? which really isnt that enigmatic....

It's entertainment, in the same way that a TV show is. You feel that by watching you are experiencing the (strange and exciting) events of someone elses life. Only when you blur the line between reality and fiction in the way that has been done with this, then some people get upset. I personally think that if you're entertained then the show is still entertaining but thats an old issue here I would imagine.

If you're that far in and you aren't enjoying it then maybe it's just not your cup of tea. For those people who were angry about the fake thing, it obviously was their cup of tea. And they felt like someone had told them it was fake tea (or something, bad metaphor Smile )

Maybe you should check out some information on the ARG and see if that gets you interested?
corpses
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz wrote:
corpses wrote:
Hey Oz,

It's entertainment, in the same way that a TV show is. You feel that by watching you are experiencing the (strange and exciting) events of someone elses life. Only when you blur the line between reality and fiction in the way that has been done with this, then some people get upset. I personally think that if you're entertained then the show is still entertaining but thats an old issue here I would imagine.

If you're that far in and you aren't enjoying it then maybe it's just not your cup of tea. For those people who were angry about the fake thing, it obviously was their cup of tea. And they felt like someone had told them it was fake tea (or something, bad metaphor Smile )

Maybe you should check out some information on the ARG and see if that gets you interested?

Hey Oz,

Yeah, i get the point about "cup of tea" (and that was a really bad metaphor! Laughing)

But here are my thoughts:
if it gets (let's say) 1million people interested (and i assume they come from different backgrounds, etc), then i assume i would see something remotely interesting about LG15. but i don't. I am trying to stay open minded and let people enlighten me in regards to this matter.

And another thing, i wonder what TV shows do LG15 fans usually watch? So i can somehow link it with this.

Let me guess? the oc? laguna beach maybe? i have no idea

*mind you, im not from the US, so hopefully the TV shows people mention are ones i have heard of Rolling Eyes
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who was upset about it being fake is 2 things...

1) Not too bright to think it was REAL... Confused

2) FAR to interested in what is going on in some random (and underage I wil add) girls life on the internet in a bunch of video blogs.

I mean really? Get your own life Rolling Eyes
corpses
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Anyone who was upset about it being fake is 2 things...

1) Not too bright to think it was REAL... Confused

2) FAR to interested in what is going on in some random (and underage I wil add) girls life on the internet in a bunch of video blogs.

I mean really? Get your own life Rolling Eyes

Agreed. Totally.

Tell me then, why are there people still "supporting" bree in terms of bree's choices and action when the world knows that it is fake ? if you know what i mean?

Say for example, Bree's parents are grounding her. audiences will be commenting along the lines of "dont worry bree, just wait. time will heal", when it is clear that its all scripted?

It's quiet funny actually Laughing Laughing Laughing
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one of the unique features about the show. The characters interact with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's an interactive show...the creators base a lot of their decisions on the fan feedback. I'm thinking the most interesting part comes with the Order and ceremony and such. Plus, when this was beginning, there were other side things and fan fiction..ARG stuff that kept us interested as well. It's hard to explain to someone who wasn't there from the beginning.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: