Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

********I DONT GET IT********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u know what ***********I DONT GET************ is that you would sign up to a forum of something that was "really boring"

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corpse...

There is an ARG (Alternate Reality Game) going on as well as the series...

The sections of this forum under "Everyone is a Charachter" is a place that the creators of both allow us to interact with the actors and the world of the ARG and the "Show" in a "Real" way!!!

So that is why this discussion should be moved elsewhere... That is also why you see people, "Talking to the Characters" in the story...
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
u know what ***********I DONT GET************ is that you would sign up to a forum of something that was "really boring"

Haha! Good point Josh!!! ^_^

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people commenting saying things like 'don't worry Bree' isn't that strange. No, they don't believe it's a real vlog any more. Nobody really does. They're simply commenting "in character" if you will. I don't really understand what you find weird about it, people do it all the time with tv shows. Say someone's watching House and they think or say 'House is such a jerk'. They realize he's a fictional character. 'Don't worry Bree' is just easier than saying 'The situation that the fictional character of "Bree" is in right now invokes a sympathy in me and I hope that the story will be directed to her character's advantage.'

Make sense? Just regular fans commenting on the story...

The reason you can't find anything interesting about it probably because it's just not your thing. It's just not your thing, no need to register on the fan forum and announce it to the world. I'm just sort of curious about your point or reasoning.

I think a big part of why you find it so boring is because you've simply watched each video. Seems obvious, I know. But the draw of this show is that there's a LOT more behind each 2 minute clip. There are clues left in the video which are discussed and analyzed on the forum. The characters (the Creators (writers) are the ones speaking) will often post on the forum, go on chat, etc... so there is actually in-character interaction. Of course (I think) one of the coolest aspect of this series which you haven't experienced is that there is actually a seperate set of videos on youtube which are a branch off the main story (they are no simply a fan branch, they are an official part of the story). This videos are from the perspective of the head of the secret society Bree is a part of, and a double agent on a mission to shut down their operation.

Those videos have become a very interesting game. Extensive puzzles and some exceedingly difficult codes are given to us that sometimes takes days or weeks to decipher, which always result in either clues or rewarding information. These videos include assasination, breaking & entering, espionage, bombs... the characters of these even leave "drops" in which they show us a video of a certain place and people living near the area will go to the location to search for physical items and clues which the creators have left for us.

I'm actually a little offended by you assuming the tv shows we watch are the OC or Laguna Beach. I HATE those shows. With a passion. In fact I watch very little TV save a good documentary. That's part of the reason I like this: it's offering something different and original from what you get on TV these days, something that incorporates fan interaction and many different uses of media. There seems to be a misconception out there that the main audience is airhead teenage girls. QUITE the contrary. The most active fans on here are VERY intelligent people, many in college/uni or older.

What you don't realize is that simply watching all the 2 minute clips alone, yes, it can seem like a silly soap opera. It's really not. When you tie in everything else it's a very cool elaborate plot, filled with espionage, dectective work and speculation, secret societies and dangerous cults, genetic engineering, assasination... all revolving around a confused and naive teenage girl.

That's why I enjoy this show, personally. You don't have to like it, no one's asking you to. I really don't understand why so many people are attacking it. What's the big deal? It's just a show. If you don't like it, don't watch it. THAT'S THAT.

Sorry if I came off snarky, I wasn't attacking you personally or anything. Just conveying my reasoning. Smile
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...what sidewalk said. And I watch mostly documentaries as well.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone PM me when things need moved/locked? Someone beat me to it because I don't pay a lot of attention outside the "meta" threads Wink

Anyhow, thanks corpses for being civil in the questioning. Please, everyone, be civil in your replies Smile

And to answer some of corpses' questions as simply as possible... "Willful suspension of disbelief." I can't remember the first time I saw that phrase (probably way back in jr. high school), but it probably explains things in the simplest terms possible. While watching or reading fiction, we suspend our disbelief for a moment. Good fiction makes us not ever realize that we're doing it. When you add game elements, it makes that suspension that much easier.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I wan't mean this time! Honest!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corpses,

Your perspective comes from a lack of understanding as to what you are viewing - the same reason so many YouTubers don't "get it".

To really get a feel for what's going on, you have to view the additional characters vids on their own YT accounts (or you can view them here on the main page where they are kept in chronological order).

If you choose to stick with YouTube, lookup danielbeast, jonastko and gemmers19. Watch those videos. Then check out the ARG videos of OpAphid, Tachyon and 10033. When you finish all of that, come back and we'll tell you all about Cassieiswatching and they myriad of Cassies that have appeared since. Not to mention Frank, Nikki, HSA and all the other spinoffs and interactive experiences.

There is much more to the Lonelygirl story than you have had the opportunity to experience. It's never to late to jump onboard but be warned, it will suck you in once you start digging.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since someone asked:
What initially attracted me to this series was the intrigue in the plot, and the way an isolated girl like Bree interacted with her world as she was growing up. In addition, I rather enjoy some of the interactive elements available through this series. I also like the fact that this is rather experimental, so I want to see how this develops.

It really depends on what people enjoy. I am not a Laguna Beach fan or an OC watcher, but I watch this. This seems to be a pretty diverse crowd in many ways (age, vocations, interests, etc.).
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
I am not a Laguna Beach fan or an OC watcher....

Say, are there pseudo-emo chicks on those?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and shows that inpire it re shows like Lost and Heroes etc etc. Games where you have to actaly pay attention to the smallest of details, because the smallest of details will forshadow plot lines.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by impulse on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Sad I wan't mean this time! Honest!

Oh you are too youre just a great big mean-ee!!!
Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Stewart mentioned it once, so I came.

And I nevere left. Embarassed
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
corpses
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clues and puzzles?

I find CSI more interesting.

Is it just me, or does someone else also find Bree (very) irritating?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: