Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LG15 in the New York Times- again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyeMew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: LG15 in the New York Times- again! Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/24/arts/television/24heff.html?ref=arts

And the author said me e-mailing her was the inspiration to write this!
And our own milo got a shout out!
Horray Virginia Heffernan!
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: thanks for posting this HyeMew Reply with quote

Aw HyeMew- you are truly an inspiration...

Thanks for posting this interesting article.

I think Ms. Heffernan hits the nail on the head when she states
Quote:
Keeping together a rollicking plot with murder, a cult, imposture and teenage romance — making it exciting but not ludicrous — isn’t easy.

from page two of the article by V. Heffernan
And even more so when she goes on to state
Quote:
Viewers are standing by on fan sites official and unofficial to play gotcha anytime they decide Bree and company wouldn’t have had enough time while on the lam, say, to make it to an Internet cafe for video editing and uploading between chase scenes. They’re a tough crowd. And this policing still goes on, even though fans know the series is fiction.
(Oh goodness, now I feel like such a nit-picker...I don't wanna be the lonelygirl police! Rolling Eyes )

(I had a hard time reading your post, HyeMew. I can't take my eyes off of your avatar. Mr. Hung is truly mesmerizing!)

Oh yeah: Yeah, Milo!
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for posting this HyeMew Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Oh yeah: Yeah, Milo!

Thanks guys. I take back all the bad things I've ever said about the NY Times for failing to quote me as an authoritative source in the past. Smile
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo- Just for the record, I enjoy quoting you as an authoritative source just about every day. And even for things you have never said. Just today in class, I attributed to you a theory about Ahab's quest for Moby Dick being a reflection of how Melville was questioning the existence of God.

You are truly quote-worthy.

Oh and I agree with your assessment of Ms. McPhee's performance and dialogue.
Quote:
As milowent, a longtime student of the series, observed on a fan site: 'The McPhee character rocked. She is the audience. She pointed out a lot of ridiculous things about the show.' from page one of the article by V. Heffernan
I enjoy when writers show humility and let us in on the joke.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
7Harry7Potter7
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeeks...you beat me to it. I was gonna post it...lol

I have AOL and they always do a slide show thingy of the headlines for the day, and I jumped 3 feet in the air when I saw Bree as one of them. It was a pretty interesting article.

Coming July 21, 2007!!!!!!!

784 pages
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Awesome!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: