Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[I in APHID][Video][Drop] Lose Something? Serious Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: [I in APHID][Video][Drop] Lose Something? Serious Discussion Reply with quote

{Note from Tiger: Discussion of facts only, no off topicness!!!}

New OpAphid video on Revver!
http://one.revver.com/watch/151617

Description: "Won't someone be so kind as to go and retrieve this for young Mr. Beast?"
Tags: danielbeast jonastko opaphid

We determined that the first location shown is Fiji, where Tachyon is supposedly hiding out right now. This could possibly mean that Tachyon won't be able to interfere this time.

As the video moves on to California, audio interference of the same type generated when Danielbeast used his cell phone to find OpA's hidden camera, can be heard. One of the main theories on this is that Daniel's phone has now been bugged or is being used to track him/Bree/Jonas.

The audio during the list of places says "I think it's clear what your next task is, assuming that you're up to the challenge"

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough." -- John Christian Bovee (reversed audio) The link is here: http://www.uploading.com/files/WEIGYJ10/reverseop.wav.html

We concluded that this means that either Op failed at something, or we did, and now we’re on to “plan B”

Addresses for the bowling alleys corresponding to the list of towns given:

Boulevard Bowl-Petaluma (has a bar-not officially open at time of call)
1100 Petaluma Blvd S
Petaluma, CA 94952
(707) 762-4581

Lakeside Lanes-Lakeport
872 Lakeport Blvd
Lakeport, CA
(707) 263-4828

Napa Bowl-Napa
494 Soscol Ave
Napa, CA 94559
(707) 224-8331

Double Decker Lanes-Rohnert Park (has a bar)
300 Golf Course Dr
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
(707) 585-0226
http://www.doubledeckerlanes.com

Continental Lanes-Santa Rosa (disconnected number)
765 Sebastopol Rd, Santa Rosa, CA
Tel: (707) 523-2695

Yokayo Bowl-Ukiah
1401 N State St
Ukiah, CA 95482
(707) 462-8686

Windsor Bowl (has a bar)
8801 Conde Ln
Windsor, CA
(707) 837-9889
http://www.windsorbowl.com

nobackspacebutton wrote:
Here's a screencap of the map, sorry if someone got to it before i did =P:

Text at the bottom reads “triangulation signal.”

nobackspacebutton wrote:
here:

1-Dillon Beach
2-Willits
3-Napa
4-Lakeport
5-Petaluma
6-Rohnert Park
7-Santa Rosa
8-Ukiah
9-Windsor

Unsure if the longitudes and latitudes would be important or not, someone looked them up:
Dillon Beach : Longitude , Latitude
(-122.96241760253906, 38.24734801619305)

Napa : Longitude , Latitude
(-122.27508544921875, 38.28346905497185)

Willits : Longitude , Latitude
(-123.35723876953125, 39.39375459224348)

lg15panda set up a community walk version as well. The link to the map is:
http://www.communitywalk.com/map/58579[/quote]

We have called several of the bowling alleys, however none of them have an event called "Pins and Pints" although all of them have bars.

"Pins and Pints" is NOT a location. The general consensus is that is it simply a fake name for a location or just a description thereof.

Please take note: This is for FACTS, not random posting. Please and thank you.

-Napa (visited, no id)
-Lakeport
-Petaluma (visited, no id)
-Rohnert Park (visited, no id)
-Santa Rosa (visited, no id)
-Ukiah
-Windsor (visited, no id)
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the following is from http://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/gDefinition/0,294236,sid40_gci753924,00.html . Thank you Shifty for the link.

triangulation

Triangulation is a process by which the location of a radio transmitter can be determined by measuring either the radial distance, or the direction, of the received signal from two or three different points. Triangulation is sometimes used in cellular communications to pinpoint the geographic position of a user.
The drawings below illustrate the basic principle of triangulation. In the scenario shown by the top drawing, the distance to the cell phone is determined by measuring the relative time delays in the signal from the phone set to three different base stations. In the scenario shown by the bottom drawing, directional antennas at two base stations can be used to pinpoint the location of the cell phone.

Triangulation is difficult to carry out unless the person using the cell phone wants to be located. This might be the case, for example, in an emergency situation. Triangulation is the method by which the so-called 911 cell phones work.

Triangulation apparatus can be confused by the reflection of signals from objects such as large steel-frame buildings, water towers, communications towers, and other obstructions. For this reason, at least two independent triangulation determinations should be made to confirm the position of a cell phone or other radio transmitter.

A more sophisticated form of triangulation is used by the Global Positioning System (GPS).
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called Ukiah bowling alley. Talked to "Mandy" they have a bar. She'd never heard of anything called Pins'N'Pints. Maybe it would help if we found out which alleys were open when Daniel got wasted?

EDIT: Napa Bowl DOES NOT have a bar.

EDIT: Lakeside Lanes DOES have a bar, but nothing about Pins'N'Pints. (some fun drink names though. They do have drink specials)

Last edited by girlAnachronism on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that information, check out the "Bowling Alleys with Bars" thread.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triangle

I had an idea while watching the video, could this whole triangle be Daniel's route?

NAPA First Point
-Possible start location of journey? Bree and Daniel's home.
-When the route follows back here, it could represent when Daniel fled back home.

Dillon Beach Second Point
-Area where Bree and Daniel took off to when they first ran away?

Willits Third Point
-Possible location of Jonas' home? The reason the signal gets so strong there is because that is where Daniel is, or where Op is watching.

Sorry for speculating here, the other thread was too full of shit.[/b]
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this thread Noki!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we might have come to a conclussion that it is most likely that its at the continental bowl. As it is close and abandoned and the odd one out
(see the alley thread)

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took some screen shots from the video "Truth or Dare"
To see if there is anything we can see in the background to identify the bowling alley.
Is there anyone that has software to possibly clean up the signs so they are legible?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/kwaiilih/PinsandPints1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/kwaiilih/PinsandPints2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/kwaiilih/pinsandpints3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/kwaiilih/pinsandpints4.jpg

Thank-you Smile
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the other thread, but it kinda drowned in the discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KurJ9Z2rYA.

It's Oppy's vid, but with subtitles, slightly enhanced Daniel, and reversed audio over the end.

Click here for the original post.

I've also looked at PinsandPints2.jpg from above in Photoshop, but the background shows nothing but blackness and compression artifacts.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade wrote:
I posted this in the other thread, but it kinda drowned in the discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KurJ9Z2rYA.

It's Oppy's vid, but with subtitles, slightly enhanced Daniel, and reversed audio over the end.

Click here for the original post.

I've also looked at PinsandPints2.jpg from above in Photoshop, but the background shows nothing but blackness and compression artifacts.

Great job! that was very helpful
xboredomkills
Suspiciously Absent

Location: second star to the left and straight on till morning...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: call this pointless if it is... Reply with quote

well I dont think it would be a deserted place seeing as the video shows a full parking lot also, if it is the deserted place...the history of Continental Lanes Bar is that it got shut down for selling alcohol to minors! Laughing why is there notions towards it being deserted? (please point me to the correct thread to read the info.)
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I know everybody is focusing on the drop right now, but the video did focus a substantial amount of time on Fiji so I found a map of Fiji....[img]
I think that they're focusing mainly on the Western Division [/img]
Jamidru
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xboredomkills wrote:
well I dont think it would be a deserted place seeing as the video shows a full parking lot also, if it is the deserted place...the history of Continental Lanes Bar is that it got shut down for selling alcohol to minors! Laughing why is there notions towards it being deserted? (please point me to the correct thread to read the info.)

I spent some time calling the Bowling Alleys this morning but the number provided for Continental Lanes was disconnected. And I spent some time searching but found no other number. Then someone called the city bureau and was told it was out of business. And someone else even found a picture of what looked to be the abandoned building.
See Bowling Alleys with Bars thread.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a news article about the bowling alley closure:

(Found easily by googling "Santa Rosa Newpaper" and the searching for "Continental Lanes" in the newpaper's online archives.)

LINK TO STORY
Quote:
Continental Lanes closes
Bowlers mourn loss of alley; 3 remain in Sonoma County

By MICHAEL COIT
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
Published on March 31, 2006

Eyeing the pins down lane 14, Leslie Bergamaschi glided along the slick approach, aimed and lofted her 8-pound ball during a Thursday senior league game at Continental Lanes.

With a thwack, all 10 pins fell for a strike, testimony to the 90-year-old's sure stroke. Bergamaschi would score above her average with a 146 in this game, the first of three on a day that was her last at Continental Lanes.

The timeworn alley tucked into a faded shopping center in the Roseland area of Santa Rosa closes for business today - removing Sonoma County's largest city from the bowling map.

"It's hard on all of us," Bergamaschi said between turns at the lanes that have been her home alley for the past 17 years. "For a little house, it's nice. It's much friendlier here and it's not as large or as cold as other places. You just know everyone."

Continental Lanes stalwarts are racking up their final games today and reluctantly moving to the county's three remaining bowling alleys in Rohnert Park, Windsor and Petaluma.

"It is a community asset," said Ruth Kisich, who took up the sport with her grandson eight years ago at Continental Lanes.

The last pins fall tonight with Rock-It-Bowl, and event in which bowlers pack the alley's 20 lanes Friday and Saturday nights to roll a few games with the lights turned down and music cranked up.

Such promotions and the re-emergence of pro bowling on TV have drawn new generations to the sport. But league play has declined, reducing a steady and critical revenue stream, said owner Tim Colgan.

"It was just a business call," Colgan said of the decision to close. "Business hasn't been that great the past two years. It's not going to get better."

Still, the decision was not an easy one. "Bowling just kind of got in my blood. It's the people, the competition. There's a lot of good friends and a lot of good memories," he said.

Colgan's grandmother, Vera Richardson, opened the original Continental Lanes downtown on Mendocino Avenue in 1963. He took over in 1984 and moved it to a new Windsor alley built by Colgan and a partner. Three years later, Colgan was back in Santa Rosa, moving Continental Lanes into the old site of the Rose Bowl in the Sebastopol Road center.

While the surrounding neighborhood is in transition, Colgan doesn't see a future there for bowling. The shopping center is for sale and would be the centerpiece for a redevelopment effort that envisions community and arts centers, affordable housing, and local retail businesses with an international flavor built around a large public plaza.

Bowling has been a fixture in the shopping center since the Rose Bowl opened in 1959. When Continental Lanes moved there in 1987, Santa Rosa had two of the county's eight bowling alleys.

Three remain, as alleys have closed to make way for new businesses and small shopping centers.

Continental Lanes' retro look reflects bowling's heyday of decades past, from the faded blue walls and classic Brunswick brand name to the expansive bar and cozy lunch counter. The newest feature is the electronic scoring, which was added some five years ago.

Bowlers credited Colgan with maintaining a good alley with a lot of character.

"I can say hello to everybody. That means a lot to me," said Lou Decker, who has bowled 56 years, including the past 19 years in two leagues and with a match club team at Continental Lanes. "I'm just thankful that I can still bowl. It's good exercise."

Bowling has been a great outing for the developmentally disabled adults Stephen Gross has brought to Continental Lanes. For the past several months, he and David, his latest charge, have rolled a few games every Thursday afternoon.

"I think this is one of David's favorite things to do. It's kinetic," Gross said. "It's an invaluable resource for the community and it's too bad they're closing down."

In 70 years of bowling, Bergamaschi has witnessed the closing of a few alleys. While tough to take, bowlers roll on.

Finishing their last league games at Continental Lanes this week, both Bergamaschi and Decker said they will move over to Double Decker Lanes, in Rohnert Park.

"I love the competition and the friendliness of it," said Bergamaschi, a member of the San Francisco bowling Hall of Fame. "Bowling keeps me going."

And though the alley is closing, Continental Lanes will live on in its match club teams. Those bowlers will continue wearing the name in white lettering on blue shirts.

"It says Continental Lanes on the back of our shirts. We're proud of that. This has been my home," Decker said.

Last edited by bethy on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Oz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are satellite photos on wikimapia for three of the bowling alleys in case anyone wants to compare. As I said in the other thread Boulevard Bowl looks unlikely.

Boulevard Bowl

Napa Bowl

Double Decker Lanes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: