Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MUST READ: Nikki Bower is .... Alli Danziger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about 4000? Wink

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Osei
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Nikki B = Alli D ??? Reply with quote

Ok, so when I watched Nikki B's new video today, I noticed a comment left by someone saying that her "real name" is Alli Danziger and she is an actress, check out this link to see what they dug up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRvPrT_zmdY

....interesting. Which leads me to thinking, could Nikki Bower actually be cannon but we just haven't been told so yet?

Not that it matters, I love her videos no matter what. But it IS interesting that the comment I'm speaking of has since been removed from the page!
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Look around... There is allot of info on that all over the forum today... Very Happy
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
But maybe if you superfans stopped acting like online predators, the powers that be wouldn't want to keep a safe 30-50 yards between them and the fans at all times!

It's actually pretty creepy behavior.

Wow, what a huge overstatement. You guys like to solve your constructed mysteries with your ARG, which gives you all the tools and information you need to solve them and you guys do a good job with them. We (or perhaps I should only speak for myself) prefer a more reality based mystery, one that doesn’t have any rules, where no one ‘gives’ you clues but we have to go and find them ourselves. Sometimes we are never able to find enough information to make a case and that is part of the fun – not knowing if it is even possible to succeed.

Everything we looked at is publicly available information, and anything seemingly private we have in the past repeatedly informed others that it is publicly viewable. In case you are unfamiliar with my past, I was involved early on with the IP sting that eventually traced LG to CAA. I felt that that was a little bit too close to an intrusion of privacy so I pulled myself out of that project. In this case I have no moral qualms about our investigation.

I think your claim that we did this and\or think it is interesting that the integrated fan fiction seems to only come from friends instead of the fan base in general only out of jealousy that we never ‘never made it’ clearly reflects on a lack of research on your part. Most of those involved have never made a single response video to LG. Although I have made a few videos on the subject myself, I have never made anything that ever resembled an attempt at fan interaction. In fact I have been pretty against the idea from day one and still fail to see it as anything more than a gimmick that would only potential detract from the show, but that is all off topic.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain

Last edited by Terryfic on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
HyeMew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely with Terryfic.
Maybe translating infinite lines of binary text into English is a good enough for mystery for some of you... but forgive us for engaging in something a little more stimulating.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: be nice Reply with quote

We should remember that interaction takes many forms, such as a chat session, an ARG or the ability to respond on the forum.

The interactive elements of this series should be clearly defined to avoid the kind of confusion we are currently witnessing. I am not sure how it hurts that we know what we know about NikkiBower. If she was fed information (like the box with the watcher symbol), it only makes sense that she would have to be trust-worthy enough to use the information in a way that would not disrupt the story. I certainly wouldn't want to see Johnny-Anyone receive information and suddenly become another source to have to follow or be confused by Johnny-Anyone’s role in the story. I also don't think this should be a series of shout outs to loyal viewers.

I make videos, but it shouldn't be assumed that because someone makes a video that he/she has any desire to become part of anything other than his/her own story. I am not an ARG person, but I will not imply that those people want to become member of OpAphid and begin running the ARG. There is a place on this forum to discuss the ARG. There is a place to discuss the story and other production related issues. There is a place to upload videos. Involvement in one, another or all does not point to any desire except one to participate in the way one sees fit. Interaction is not only making videos. It is also participating on the forum, analyzing the story, being involved with the LGPedia, “playing” the ARG, among other pursuits.

As far as the OpAphid being a true fan response, I don't know enough to have an opinion. Nor can I address some people's questions about those responsible for CassieisWatching. I don’t think fan interaction has been a complete sham, however. Perhaps it is just too complicated a concept than was initially believed and promoted.

This production is a rare breed and the sleuthing behind the scenes somehow seems part of the package in light of the way the story began on YouTube. In addition, Alli D. is an actress. She has appeared in films and on television. No one is looking for her home address or phone number. Ironically, our favorite investigator deserves privacy as a human being. However, I don’t see anyone trying to destroy her life. In addition, I do not see anyone trying to find out information on the typical person involved in this forum.

I think that no matter what happens here there always be conflict with people agreeing on issues. There will probably always be conflict about what makes a story satisfying. There are plenty of people in the world who care about different issues. The population of this forum shouldn't be any different. However, insulting people with rude comments or spiteful insinuations really contributes nothing, and certainly does not make this a pleasant place in which to participate.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but binary and coded puzzles are made to be part of a game and it is contained within that realm.

To hear you explain it, people's personal lives are not limited by any such boundaries, and if they are, it is up to you to interpet those lines for them.

Straight up, with that "IP sting" fiasco, it was none of your or anyone else's business whether or not it was actually a 15-year old girl you were harassing, stalking, or trying to trap. Fine, it turned out it was three aspiring filmmakers...but that somehow makes it alright?

With an ARG, the worst thing to happen is that someone spends way too much time dealing with something in that limited realm.

However, with this mentality you all encourage to "expose" anyone related to LG15, you could be attracting others whose intentions might not be as morally ambiguous yet somehow well-intentioned as yours (though you've still yet to give any real explanation that safely steers clear of stalking).

God forbid your "sleuthing" puts Alli Danziger, Jessica Rose, or anyone else involved in this project in line to become the next Rebecca Schaeffer. What will your defense be then when someone takes things too far based on your “they don't have a right to privacy” attitude? What solid justification did you ever have in the first place aside from curiosity and a sense of self-entitlement?

So yes, enjoy your "reality based mystery, one that doesn’t have any rules, where no one ‘gives’ you clues but we have to go and find them ourselves." That sounds like an online predator's defense if I ever heard one. Try it out on Chris Hansen should you ever pick the wrong 15-year old girl to tangle with online.

Perhaps us ARG players should start looking into the reality based mysteries of Terryfic, HyeMew's, and all those Anchor Covers personal lives. Surely you might feel a little uncomfortable with us phorum folk analyzing the minutiae of your personal and private information--but I mean, if it's online then it's just as fair we expose it for everyone else to see so that they draw any conclusion they want to...and hey, we can draw on data from your credit reports, criminal records, and the lives of your friends and associates, and maybe even try to hack a few passwords while we're at it. Surely we'd just be finding clues for ourselves, and creating puzzles around your personal lives, drawing the line where we see fit...

And seeing as you all fancy yourselves investigative journalists, much like Nikki Bower, it only seems fair that you are held to the same standard of scrutiny...and hopefully we won't live up to your "dumb phorumite" stereotype by not showing this same wonderful level of restraint that you have!Laughing
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, Louise! A personal irony for me is writing a post in which one of the final statements was a plea for people to refrain from insulting each other when making their points. Yet it has become sandwiched within a battle of wits, ethics and insults.
Think
hmmm...
I'm outta here...
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will resist temptation to phlame back in honor of the esteemed gogo's post. We can always count on her for reason and civility. I aspire to such civility but am hampered by genetic disposition and a really surly attitude.

This DOES raise the issues of online privacy in the age of MySpace, which I find to be a pretty intriguing topic and worthy of it's own discussion. Perhaps not in this phorum, but still a worthy topic.

Oh, and just to set the record straight for those of you in Yorba Linda, Terryfic was Bukanator 3.0 (Administrator of THIS forum) for quite a long time before passing the baton to the esteemed TWJ. He knows of what he speaks in all matters LG.

Choose your your "guides" wisely grasshoppers...
JayHank
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, are the moderators of this forum really going to sit back and let this guy compare other LG fans to pedophiles, kidnappers and murderers?

What on earth does it take for a poster to be out of bounds??

I'm sorry, but looking at somebody's MySpace is not at all comparable to stalking, kidnapping, raping and murdering people.

This is just one of the most ridiculously offensive things I've ever seen, and I'm stunned and disappointed that the moderators of this forum seem to think it's perfectly okay.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah this guy is a total shit stirrer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NikkiBisDaMon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really grateful to the people who found out Nikki B's real name. It made me so excited I finally registered here after reading for months. She is my favorite by far and it's been so cool seeing pictures of her from her normal life.

The best were the pictures from her trip to Jamaica. Hence my name and user pic Razz

Nikki if you read this, what was it like to meet McDreamy?
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always love Nikki B!
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
...Straight up, with that "IP sting" fiasco, it was none of your or anyone else's business whether or not it was actually a 15-year old girl you were harassing, stalking, or trying to trap. Fine, it turned out it was three aspiring filmmakers...but that somehow makes it alright?
With an ARG, the worst thing to happen is that someone spends way too much time dealing with something in that limited realm.

It was ARG people who did the whole "IP sting"

Quote:
[21:27:37] The Creators: because all the people who hunted us down were ARG fanatics
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
covedweller wrote:
...Straight up, with that "IP sting" fiasco, it was none of your or anyone else's business whether or not it was actually a 15-year old girl you were harassing, stalking, or trying to trap. Fine, it turned out it was three aspiring filmmakers...but that somehow makes it alright?

It was ARG people who did the whole "IP sting"

Quote:
[21:27:37] The Creators: because all the people who hunted us down were ARG fanatics

Yeah, but the ARGs related to LG15 did NOT exist at the time. And not a single member of the "phorum 3" have been involved in playing any of the ARGs.

That comment by The Creators might be their public interpetation of it, but what are they going to say, "some of our fans are crazy online predators who might as well have been stalking a 15 year old girl?"

If NikkiB is fair game for this scrutiny, those who investigated her and posted their results are operating on the same level, because they are just pretending to be investigative reporters.

Your personal lives can be dug through the same way...just so, you know, we know for sure that YOU don't have any ties to The Creators. Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: