Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carmen Electra LG15 Videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Makers of Lonelygirl362436 wrote:
...We have a dirty little confession... we made them...
Well, gentlemen, dirty is certainly the correct word for those hilarious and enjoyable videos. (This was quite a perk for young Yousef, I imagine...)

Please, please, please say that you are not working on a Jenna Jameson/Bree video as was teasingly brought up on the VH1 awards show.
Pray

Yikes. I know that I have potentially taken this subject off-topic. Please, fellow-posters interested in Jenna Jameson, don't follow my anti-Jameson plea with pro-Jameson pleas of your own.

Now, let's get back to the wholesome goodness of Carmen Electra and DanielBeast...
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
HyeMew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranting about "classic Bree episodes" Reply with quote

Brucker wrote:
While I get overwhelmed by plot twists at times, I'm glad it's something you can barely sum up in a whole page of writing. That said, it's been slightly overdue for some new action. Sure, we've learned some crazy new things this month, but basically, we're just sitting around in Jonas's library talking between foosball matches. I'm trusting the creators to keep it interesting, though.

In my opinion the early ones WERE interesting, they managed to have a semblance of a plot, very interesting (not to mention intelligent) dialogue, and did not have to rely on what have been at times utterly ridiculous plot twists to fuel the show.
You seem to be forgetting it was that "ho-hum" early stuff that made lonelygirl a sensation, long before they were living in alleys or having their nearest and dearest murdered in broad daylight in front of their very eyes. Sometimes I think the plot has twisted so much that it is literally strangling itself. I think a vocal minority has come to expect such twists, and as they have become bigger and more bombastic each time they need that to satisfy them (a lonelycrack addiction, just like a regular crack addiction, apparently requires more and more doses to get the same feeling). I don't think that's the way it should be though.

Creatores sometimes I think you are swayed too much by the people here. Those that post here are the vocal minority, recall you get hundreds of thousands of hits but there are only what, 100 active posters here at most? You do not need to keep listening to them to guide the series, because as you can see it's led you down some frightening paths to a place where we don't even recognize Bree anymore. Sadly I am afraid with all this dramatics it is impossible to "ever go home again" (literally and figuratively). Just remember that you didn't need the extreme dramatics and horrifying plot twists to get all these fans, do you really need to muck it up with all that because a few phorum posters want it?

I'm not being critical, I just really care about the series and feel it's gotten to a place where we don't even recognize Bree anymore (though the recent episode about her future came close). That was what was so endearing about Bree, a regular girl talking about her regular problems in an intelligent, interesting way, complete with real life trials and tribulations. That's all you need for a good episode, not all this quasi-supernatural stuff which has pushed our "suspension of disbelief" to its limit. Please, try and get back to your original formula, someway, somehow. I think you'll be glad you did.
Toad
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranting about "classic Bree episodes" Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:

In my opinion the early ones WERE interesting, they managed to have a semblance of a plot, very interesting (not to mention intelligent) dialogue, and did not have to rely on what have been at times utterly ridiculous plot twists to fuel the show.
You seem to be forgetting it was that "ho-hum" early stuff that made lonelygirl a sensation, long before they were living in alleys or having their nearest and dearest murdered in broad daylight in front of their very eyes. Sometimes I think the plot has twisted so much that it is literally strangling itself. I think a vocal minority has come to expect such twists, and as they have become bigger and more bombastic each time they need that to satisfy them (a lonelycrack addiction, just like a regular crack addiction, apparently requires more and more doses to get the same feeling). I don't think that's the way it should be though.

Creatores sometimes I think you are swayed too much by the people here. Those that post here are the vocal minority, recall you get hundreds of thousands of hits but there are only what, 100 active posters here at most? You do not need to keep listening to them to guide the series, because as you can see it's led you down some frightening paths to a place where we don't even recognize Bree anymore. Sadly I am afraid with all this dramatics it is impossible to "ever go home again" (literally and figuratively). Just remember that you didn't need the extreme dramatics and horrifying plot twists to get all these fans, do you really need to muck it up with all that because a few phorum posters want it?

I'm not being critical, I just really care about the series and feel it's gotten to a place where we don't even recognize Bree anymore (though the recent episode about her future came close). That was what was so endearing about Bree, a regular girl talking about her regular problems in an intelligent, interesting way, complete with real life trials and tribulations. That's all you need for a good episode, not all this quasi-supernatural stuff which has pushed our "suspension of disbelief" to its limit. Please, try and get back to your original formula, someway, somehow. I think you'll be glad you did.[/u]

I never post in the forums (first time actually) I do post on the comments occasionally.
I lurk and watch the videos mostly.
While I respect your opinion HyeMew, I disagree wholeheartedly.
I really dislike innocent happy go lucky Bree as a character at this point in the story. To me it doesn't fit. Of course that could well be part of the plot and I accept it for now because of that.
I see a huge range from people who watch in likes and dislikes with the video styles and this is hard to satisfy I would think.
My biggest issue has been flow and progression of the plot.
I'm no writer so I don't truly understand why I don't like the series at times but I do seem to find the transitions between happy go lucky Bree to sullen Bree cause me to see things as slowing down to a crawl.
This is probably just my A.D.D. kicking in but I need to see a progression in a timely fashion to be satisfied with the story as a whole.
More importantly in my opinion if they were to take things back to sweet innocent Bree all all the time I think there would be a huge departure of the people who like to see her develop in whatever way the story takes her.
For the time being however, I don't think anyone who doesn't have access to the whole story arc can suggest a way of portraying Bree that would make sense. We don't know what she knows right now so we don't know how she should be behaving.

These jumps in style seem to take us away from the thread of the story but I understand that could be totally wrong as I have no access to the whole story either.

For now I am content to wait and see if this goes in a direction that interests me.

I hope that made sense as I was typing things as I analyzed my own thoughts/feelings and they came out as disjointed as they appear.
Like I said I'm no writer.

PS. I thought the promos were hilarious!
Brucker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying you're completely off-base HyeMew, I'm just saying moving forward is a good thing. Having further developments in Daniel and Bree's relationship harkens back to the old days in a good way, but at the same time, I'm a little taken back by both Daniel and Bree doing apparent 180s in their attitude towards one another, and I hope it's just another spat that will blow over in time. Like you said, Bree's behavior seems out of character to some extent. The thing we saw so much more of in the beginning than now was character development. There are a lot of opportunities to deepen Daniel and Bree through all of this (which we're seeing a little of) and finally let us know who Jonas is. (For someone who's supposed to be a touchy-feely type, I feel like I hardly know him!)
JayHank
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect to our dauntless dean, I don't think it's realistic to think that the original formula would still work after 7 months.

Seriously, Hye, nobody would be watching this if she were still in her bedroom. While I wish some of the plot twists had been less outlandish (that they can't go to the police because it's controlled by the Order still bugs me the most) I think we all should be able to recognize this:

She couldn't stay in that bedroom forever!

The story had to progress. The Creators are absolutely, 100 percent right about that. And to disagree with how extreme some of the plot twists is fine but...

Quote:
You seem to be forgetting it was that "ho-hum" early stuff that made lonelygirl a sensation

Wrong! It was the mystery behind who she was. When that mystery ended, the series needed suspense and plot twists and dramatic tension and more characters. Could it have been smoother? Absolutely. Was it necessary to do something? Yes.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Jay, good points. I think I'm just still trying to reconcile what's happened and all the extreme plot twists. I still can't get over that her dad has been gunned down and that Bree witnessed it. It just makes everything so overly-dark. LG has always been a bit dark, no problem with that, but this takes dark to such extreme depths its still hard to imagine Bree can even function as a human anymore.
And I'd still like to see some of that amazing early days writing, even if it's only once every 20 episodes! That'd be an interesting way to mix it up during the lulls. LG15 very much is in the cyclical high action then a lull with nothing happening for awhile and then something happens and they get going again. The lulls tend to bore after awhile, but are necessary. If you just wheeled out whatever typewriter allowed you to write those amazing early scripts and had just even one like that each lull I'd be so happy.
sonieee
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Carmen Electra LG15 Videos Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
Hey Everyone,

We're really excited that you like the Carmen Electra LG15 spoof videos. We have a dirty little confession... we made them Smile Yup, that's right FOX actually hired us to write/direct/produce them as a promotion for the movie. We weren't sure how they would go over so we didn't want to just come out and say it. You guys can be a little.... critical Smile

Anyways, glad you like them! We had a ton of fun doing it, and Yousef had a really, really, really good time. Thanks guys.

The Creators

they were AWESOME Very Happy i dont think anyone but you guys could have made them THAT good...

would love to see more stuff like this in the future!

S.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are surely better than that terrible movie they promote, no offense to you creators.
LONGTIMELURKER
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOVIE? There is gonna be a LG15 movie ??? where have I been ?How did I miss this ??

Bree- Classicly Beautiful/sweet/ "pure"/Vogue

Sarah-Modern Day HOT/ naughty/"dirty"/Penthouse
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no its not for a lg15 movie

its for a movie called 'epic movie' it has absolutely nothing at all to do with lg15
its just promoting the movie and lg15

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
LONGTIMELURKER
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joshy....Sad...I was all excited for no reason....

Bree- Classicly Beautiful/sweet/ "pure"/Vogue

Sarah-Modern Day HOT/ naughty/"dirty"/Penthouse
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great clips! Very Happy
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LONGTIMELURKER wrote:
Thanks Joshy....Sad...I was all excited for no reason....

no problem Wink

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I thought you guys were cool enough when you favourited those videos, cause you could like laugh at yourselves.

But seriously, that's awesome. Love you guys Smile

PS: You're getting so famous now! Make sure you don't forget all of us little people D:
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wont forget us, i hop anywayz they dont Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: